Blackbaud Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Blackbaud?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

BBInterview in Clemson, South Carolina

58 months ago

On my interview I went into one room and talked with another software engineer. He asked me 5 coding type questions (nothing about my resume). The format of the questions was pick a language (java, vb.net, C#, C++) and tell me what this does type stuff. One was to create a class given specs and another was the to make the most efficient string reversal you can think of, the other 3 were tell me what this does. After that I talked to the manager in another room about my resume and job exp, etc. At the end he asked if I had any questions for him (which I went to an interview session the night before and my mind went blank at that point to think of something). Finally, I had to take a 90 minute Logic/Reasoning test that was 40 questions long. Some of the questions were math related, some puzzles, some odd questions. An example I can think of off the top of my head was a boy and girl is sitting on the steps, one has boy-black hair the other girl-red hair, one says "I am a boy", if least one is lying who is who? I think the answer is both are lying bc if 1 is lying that means the girl is a boy, which makes 2 boys, but you know there is a boy AND girl on the steps, so you swap the hair color with the sexes. I don't think I did too well on the logic test (bc I got stuck on 1 section for too long) and I didn't feel like I had a connection with the manager during the interview (he quickly browsed over my resume as if he had already made his mind up of who he was going to hire). I had SQL, VB.NET, C#, C++, C exp, but he said something like "Did you put VB.NET on your resume because you were interviewing with us?", also I don't like how they put you on the spot to perform under interview pressure. I was also critiqued for the way I made my string reversal and asked if I could optimize it any better. I've interviewed with 3 more companies since then and have got 2 offers so far. I think Blackbaud really missed out bc of the way they do their interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.