How Bloomberg shows the information?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

P.Ds in Lima, Peru

84 months ago

I'm a business man and i have a software that shows me some financial information and news but i know that bloomberg is the best. I need to know how bloomberg shows the information it gets, specially the information that the stock changes in the world sells to bloomberg. Like how many and what categories, with graphs?, how it shows the financial business reports (like ratios or what, etc)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former user in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

I have used Bloomberg and other financial tools in the past. I have found that indeed Bloomberg Financial is the best. It takes a while to learn how to use it efficiently but once you have a hang of it you'll find that its charting capabilities are excellent. Financial ratios are plentiful (they have ratios that I found to be useful but were not taught in MBA school). Excellent tool for technical analysis as well as fundamental analysis. Bloomberg database is one of the most comprehensive I have ever seen. Economic data are second to none and cover worldwide not just in the developping economies. The help functions are great and the folks answering your questions are knowledgeable. With all the nice features, of course there is a price to pay. Bloomberg is expensive! If you were to invest in having Bloomberg, I would advice that you invest time into learning it otherwise you won't get the most out of the tool. Note that I don't have any affiliation with Bloomberg, I have never work for them but did visit its headquarter in NY before 911. I never lived in NY except on vacation and have not met the mayor Bloomberg neither. My comments were drawn from my past experience with financial tools. Hope this help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

P.Ds in Lima, Peru

84 months ago

It helps me a lot and give me an idea of the bloomberg software. But i have a question, how the information is shown? by categories? what kind? first u search a company and tehn see all or hwo?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former user in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

P.Ds in Lima, Peru said: It helps me a lot and give me an idea of the bloomberg software. But i have a question, how the information is shown? by categories? what kind? first u search a company and tehn see all or hwo?

thanks

Bloomberg has different level of sophistication. Let say you want to know about a company like IBM. You type in IBM and press one of their keys (Bloomberg keyboard perform different functions when the right key is pressed. Note they might have changed this since last time I use it). The basic company information show a window with the stock price chart (I forget whether it is a daily chart or a couple of months chart), on the same screen some basic information about the company wiith some accounting ratios, some historical news/events ... There are different functions for different charts whether it is just a time series, time series with bolliger band, with MACD .... There are functions to give details info on the leadership of the company, another function to compare it to its peers, ... Lots of options to learn about a company, an industry, a country ...
I'll suggest that you call a Bloomberg saleperson and get the details. The ones in the US were happy to discuss their software with potential buyer. Maybe you can ask for a temporary free trial period (I don't know whether Bloomberg does this or not but doesn't hurt to ask).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

P.Ds in Lima, Peru

84 months ago

wow, your great...thanks!! this helps me a lot

yossi asaf in Westminster, United Kingdom

56 months ago

I also like to use bloomberd security realated information but not sure how to do it. www.locksmithsecurity.webs.com

yossi asaf in Westminster, United Kingdom

56 months ago

I also looking for information from bloomberg

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.