Background check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

iamdesperate

21 months ago

I was wondering if someone can help me concerning my background check for Theft 3 charge. I have been reading some of the forum questions and is it true that since I shoplifted less then a year ago that i wont be given a chance for a job at Boeing because of the time frame. That Boeing has a certain amount of time that they want your case to be done. I am perplexed and I need the truth. Please help anyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IJN427 in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

This is true as far as I know(my mom works there). I helped a friend get a job there recently and he screwed it up because of his record. Here in PA they make helicopters for the military so working for Boeing is essentially working for the fed government. They don't want ANYTHING o n your record.

iamdesperate

21 months ago

IJN427 in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania said: This is true as far as I know(my mom works there). I helped a friend get a job there recently and he screwed it up because of his record. Here in PA they make helicopters for the military so working for Boeing is essentially working for the fed government. They don't want ANYTHING o n your record.

But you probably need security clearance. I know a lot of jobs say you dont need security clearances. I am going to try and tell them the truth and see what happens. I pray they will overlook my stupid mistake and give me another chance to redeem myself. I am very remirseful with what i did. A lot of people have done atleast one thing in their life and regret it and truly they are wonderful people they just made a mistake. If you or your mom have any insight please let me know!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kidviper in Mountlake Terrace, Washington

21 months ago

iamdesperate said: I was wondering if someone can help me concerning my background check for Theft 3 charge. I have been reading some of the forum questions and is it true that since I shoplifted less then a year ago that i wont be given a chance for a job at Boeing because of the time frame. That Boeing has a certain amount of time that they want your case to be done. I am perplexed and I need the truth. Please help anyone!!

if you ever get to fill out an application after you get a congrats email from bess, make sure that you put that on there cause they do background checks as you know and if your honest about it they may let it slide, its a misdemeanor i take it? if it is you have nothing to worry about

iamdesperate

21 months ago

kidviper in Mountlake Terrace, Washington said: if you ever get to fill out an application after you get a congrats email from bess, make sure that you put that on there cause they do background checks as you know and if your honest about it they may let it slide, its a misdemeanor i take it? if it is you have nothing to worry about

Thank you it was a misdemeanor. I am starting to look into getting it expunged. I know I did something stupid and I will regret it for the rest of my life. I am going to be truthful like you say to. Thamks for the help!!

iamdesperate in Mercer Island, Washington

18 months ago

I want to follow up with everyone. I got an e-mail this past friday saying "Congratulations fill out an application"so I did. Then on monday I got another e-mail saying "Congratulations fill out an application" and this was for another job so now I have two. I was truthful about my theft 3 charge on the applications. It has been over a week for both of them I was wondering if you feel I have a chance to working at Boeing. Please give me some insight...I so need and want a job at Boeing. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

milo 2012 in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

I had the same thing happen back in june for 3 positions. I recently had an interview for one of them and got a job offer just going thru there background stuff and medical.

iamdesperate in Mercer Island, Washington

18 months ago

milo 2012 in Seattle, Washington said: I had the same thing happen back in june for 3 positions. I recently had an interview for one of them and got a job offer just going thru there background stuff and medical.

Did you have to wait awhile before you heard from them about setting up an interview? Also I was truthful about my background on my app. I am concerned though if they will grant me an interview. Any suggestions...I am going crazy waiting!!!:( Congratulations on getting the job!!

milo 2012 in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Yes i recieved the bess application in June and had my interview a week ago. They wont run your background until you accept an offer. I have a misdeamenor on my background but was told to make sure and list it otherwise you will then have to wait out 18 months before re-applying. Believe me I know from past exp....

waiting in Tacoma, Washington

6 months ago

iamdesperate in Mercer Island, Washington said: I want to follow up with everyone. I got an e-mail this past friday saying "Congratulations fill out an application"so I did. Then on monday I got another e-mail saying "Congratulations fill out an application" and this was for another job so now I have two. I was truthful about my theft 3 charge on the applications. It has been over a week for both of them I was wondering if you feel I have a chance to working at Boeing . Please give me some insight...I so need and want a job at Boeing. Thanks!!

any news on this? did they hire you for disclosing?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.