Boeing, Charleston Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 151)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Sdny03

35 months ago

Study the star formatted structured interview process. Count to 5 after each question and always give situation, action and result.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wife in Asheville in Asheville, North Carolina

35 months ago

OK...I just checked my husband's status on Boeing. We had applied for 3 Assembler B positions just so that we were covered. It now says he is under consideration for 1 Assembler B position. He took his Career Assessment Battery Test Monday night and submitted it (during this time he was under consideration for all 3). I am wondering if they did that just because it was all the same position or they have already filled the other 2....we are nervous and just want this bad.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sdny03

35 months ago

Check out ready SC website. They run a bunch of assembler A throughout training and he will be a direct after 6 months. Other than that juat keep plugging away at them. It took me 4 months from resume to hire. It's worth it.

Anthony Hankinson in Charleston, South Carolina

35 months ago

Wife in Asheville- BREATH!!!!! LOL. I know it can potentially drive you crazy with all the waiting, but hang in there and don't let your thoughts get the best of you. The Assembler A position is a good possibility to get him in the door as well. It's the route I took, and it was worth it just to get me in the door. I worked a second job to accommodate the pay cut I took and lived very lean, but in the end, I am having a great start to a career that I LOVE. I BUILD AIRPLANES FOR A LIVING!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sdny03

35 months ago

Wife kn ashville. Relax. It is a long process and nailing it in an interview is a guarantee for hire. I'm an instructor here in charleston and have interviewed a lot of people. Just run through the structured interview practices and he will be in. Trust me. Have scenarios for past experiences and deliver them in, situation, action he took with situation and what was the rsult of his actions. Good luck !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Wilmington, North Carolina

35 months ago

Although we were told not to talk about the interview process, I did mention these forums laid out what goes on already and there are many star related articles on google and even youtube videos...One thing I will say is the interview was classic star format as mentioned here many times(I consulted this site before my interviews)and the interviewers were good at putting me at ease and will help you along somewhat. It's ok to re-ask the questions and ponder your answer. If you get an interview I think they want to hire you. Just have some good stories of what makes you a good employee using real life examples and you'll be in like flynn. They already like what they see....Congratulations!
It helps also to remember their names and thank them by name at the end of the interview, I'm thinking...
I'm bummed I can't join ya, 'cause it should be an interesting place to work. Met lots of good people during the interview event. It's a beautiful building and the 787 out front is HUGE and shiny(we drove by it at the airport)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mysterysage in South Carolina

35 months ago

Hi Wife in Asheville. FYI, I took the Career Battery Assessment early in July and only just got offered an interview last week (for next week). The timing of these things has a lot to do when the hiring manager finally gets around to it.
Don't read anything about cause and effect regarding when the other two jobs went into no longer under consideration status. It probably has nothing to do with the CBA test.
Don't give up hope. I agree with Sdny03 -- read up and prepare for the STAR interview experience. Consider going back and reworking some of the application to show Actions and Results. This way you're/he's ready when the interview does finally arrive and the application will get stronger for the next positions you apply for. I also recommend writing a "cover letter" and adding that to the beginning or end of your online application. Even if you are using the resume builder forms, you can still paste in a section for "Letter of Interest" into any of the boxes. This might help future applications.
I took a CBA test last year for a position, was never called for an interview and a few months later received an email that said the requisition I'd applied for had been cancelled. That's probably rare though I hope. Keep applying and keep breathing. Unfortunately you can't force the timeline. good luck.

Sean in Greer, South Carolina

35 months ago

I applied for an Assembler B position back in July, since then i've taken 2 assessment test and applied for many other positions at Boeing as well. All the other positions i've applied for i am no longer under consideration for, but I'm still under consideration for the Assembler B, i would love to have an opportunity to work for Boeing and the fact that i've been under consideration this long, I'm taking it as a good thing. I see the position closes on the 26th of this month, i am really hoping that once this position closes that maybe i can get a interview, just thought i'd share my story of trying to get a job at Boeing.

34 months ago

Good Luck to you Sean. I agree,it would be a kewl experience to work there. That's good your under consideration. I saw a Boeing ad on the local station while watching the hotel tv in Charleston that mentioned something about hiring 3000+ people and I doubt they're close yet, because that was less than a month ago. So keep your head high! I'm off to take Westinghouse, Columbia assesment tests this week, hopefully it'll work out. About the same pay and I think Columbia might be cheaper and safer to live. Seems all the work is in SC. Crapload of decent manufacturing jobs on Charleston Craigslist.

34 months ago

Anthony Hankinson in Charleston, South Carolina said: Larry in Wilmington,

I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience with staffing at Boeing. I hate to hear stories like that. Boeing Charleston is going thru a huge hiring frenzy right now, and has been for the last few months, so I would expect to hear about some pretty erroneous situations. Sorry again, and good luck with everything.

Anthony, I really enjoyed the whole experience up until the finali from from background checkers. I guess they don't always not hire people who've been fired from a job but the story I gave as a reason was pretty bad...lol.
Still, I think it would of been better for all involved if a listing of "fired" or "involuntary termination" on an app would have been flagged for investigation before all the fuss, if it could be a reason not to hire. I'm saying it was a little wasteful is all. Still I enjoyed the whole experience, no regrets, and I still think I could be one of their best employees some day. I'm not giving up.

press in Puyallup, Washington

34 months ago

any chance they would turn union?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey in Goose Creek, South Carolina

34 months ago

So, I've read over most of the recent posts and it's made me worry about my husbands application... He applied during that blitz weekend about a month ago but he doesn't have any manufacturing experience. He is about to start the classes for manufacturing through Trident One Stop and he put in his scores for the Work Keys on his app (he's gold level). I'm just worried that even though he's in the process of learning that he's going to miss out on this round of hiring. Has anyone else had experience with this situation... like starting from scratch and making it into the company?

Wife in Asheville in Asheville, North Carolina

34 months ago

Well, I just checked my husband's job status at Boeing and he is no longer under consideration for the Assembler B job. He never even got called for an interview. I know he has not had much mechanical experience, but he was a combat engineer in the Army Reserves and he did some maintenance on the vehicles and he participated in a massive bridge building project in Georgia many years ago. He is so mechanically inclined - I am envious! There is another Assembler B job and I am going to revamp his resume with the help of his commanding officer and best friend. I am just devastated....I have not told him yet.

travlagnt2 in Hollywood, South Carolina

34 months ago

Hopefully no chance of a union but this is a right to work state. Just dont see any benefit if Boeing pays a decent wage.

Sean in Greer, South Carolina

34 months ago

Anybody have anY info on the closing date? Do they normally start calling people for interviews after the closing date, if so how long does it take, i've been under consideration for one position for pretty much 2 months and the closing date is on the 23rd of this month, just wondering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina

34 months ago

I wish I had seen this forum before, a lot of great information here. i was one of the 3000 that applied August 13th. As of yesterday, all pre hire interviews and testing have been completed and passed. I spoke with the Boeing rep and he informed me that the 32 hour training classes are filled through November. He sounded hopeful that the wave I am in would possibly start Dec, but assured me that those who made it this far will be trained soon as possible. But I at least know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just thought i would pass that on in case some here are in the same boat as me.
And thanks again for the great info, wish I had seen this a long time ago.

32 months ago

"Almost there-I think",
Any update on your status? I would love to have some current info available for new readers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Does anyone know how I can edit a previous posting that I have written? I just noticed and embarrassing typo that I want to fix.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wife in Piscataway, New Jersey

32 months ago

Hi,
my husband just recieved an email to complete a Career Battery Assessment and i've been trying to find out about this timed Career Battery Assessment and what to expect. i would really appreciate it if you can give me some idea about the Career Battery Assessment and what kind of questions to expect .... also, are all the questions "multiple choice" or one will have to type to prove examples?

please let me know ... Have a Happy Thanksgiving !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Still waiting on a start date. I wish they would let us know the day the send out notifications to the next class. LOL, I check my e-mail at least 5 times a day.
Wife in, not that difficult of a test. The teamwork is the one I worried about and received a 6 out of 7. There are plenty of sample questions he can do from the site provided. It will give you a good feeling of what to expect.
Will post when I get a start date for training. Good luck and stay positive. Patience is a virtue here, but worth the wait.

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina

32 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: Still waiting on a start date. I wish they would let us know the day the send out notifications to the next class. LOL, I check my e-mail at least 5 times a day.
Wife in, not that difficult of a test. The teamwork is the one I worried about and received a 6 out of 7. There are plenty of sample questions he can do from the site provided. It will give you a good feeling of what to expect.
Will post when I get a start date for training. Good luck and stay positive. Patience is a virtue here, but worth the wait.

Which notification are you referring to? I'm waiting also to start the class. :D

31 months ago

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina said: Which notification are you referring to? I'm waiting also to start the class. :D

The PET notice, same as you I am sure. And still waiting! lol.

31 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: The PET notice, same as you I am sure. And still waiting! lol.

Thanks! Hope to see you out there! Best of luck!:D

nursemom in Eden, North Carolina

31 months ago

My husband applied for the Assembly A position during the September application process through sctechjobs.com. He fairly quickly went through the initial processes of testing and interview. We have been waiting - impatiently - since then. Today he received an email inviting him to the non-paid training. The training starts in January. So those of you who have been waiting - check your email.

31 months ago

Congrats nursemom!!! The good news, after the unpaid portion its over, its almost a guaranteed offer. I remember losing one person during the unpaid training, and after that i believe 90% received an offer. Some failed screening post offer and some declined but once your husband gets that unpaid portion done with, the paid training portion had about a 97.9 percent retention rate last I knew.

31 months ago

nursemom in Eden, North Carolina said: My husband applied for the Assembly A position during the September application process through sctechjobs.com. He fairly quickly went through the initial processes of testing and interview. We have been waiting - impatiently - since then. Today he received an email inviting him to the non-paid training. The training starts in January. So those of you who have been waiting - check your email.

Congrats! I am one of those waiting. :) How long has it been since Boeing received the test scores and getting the email today? Best of luck!

31 months ago

Anthony Hankinson in Charleston, South Carolina said: Congrats nursemom!!! The good news, after the unpaid portion its over, its almost a guaranteed offer. I remember losing one person during the unpaid training, and after that i believe 90% received an offer. Some failed screening post offer and some declined but once your husband gets that unpaid portion done with, the paid training portion had about a 97.9 percent retention rate last I knew.

Thanks, and it could not have come at a better time. My husband was laid off from his job last Monday. Is there a delay between the unpaid training and the 180 day paid training or, if chosen, do they just progress right away?

31 months ago

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina said: Congrats! I am one of those waiting. :) How long has it been since Boeing received the test scores and getting the email today? Best of luck!

It was some time ago. The application process was opened the end of August, I think. After he passed whatever initial screening takes place the rest of the process progressed fairly quickly from what I remember - the phone interview followed by the WorkKeys testing. I think he completed all those requirements in mid-September. We've been waiting ever since.

31 months ago

Audrey in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: So, I've read over most of the recent posts and it's made me worry about my husbands application... He applied during that blitz weekend about a month ago but he doesn't have any manufacturing experience. He is about to start the classes for manufacturing through Trident One Stop and he put in his scores for the Work Keys on his app (he's gold level). I'm just worried that even though he's in the process of learning that he's going to miss out on this round of hiring. Has anyone else had experience with this situation... like starting from scratch and making it into the company?

Audrey,
My husband applied during that process also and just now received his invitation to start the non-paid training. Be sure you are checking the email that you originally provided.

31 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: Still waiting on a start date. I wish they would let us know the day the send out notifications to the next class. LOL, I check my e-mail at least 5 times a day.

Keep checking your email....my husband applied at the same time and received an email yesterday with a start date of January 9th for the training.

31 months ago

Audrey in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: So, I've read over most of the recent posts and it's made me worry about my husbands application... He applied during that blitz weekend about a month ago but he doesn't have any manufacturing experience. He is about to start the classes for manufacturing through Trident One Stop and he put in his scores for the Work Keys on his app (he's gold level). I'm just worried that even though he's in the process of learning that he's going to miss out on this round of hiring. Has anyone else had experience with this situation... like starting from scratch and making it into the company?

Audrey, I can understand your concern. Trust me, I have had the same thoughts as you while we wait. I think I had mentioned earlier I had spoke at length with the Boeing rep. I often have to remind myself of our conversation. He assure me that if I was talking to him that the only thing left to do was be patient and your time will come soon. It is a little unnerving at times, but I stay positive and still eagerly await the notice to start training. Also would like to add, there planning on training upwards of 2000 people this year and the August blitz candidates would start sometime in the December time frame. They only take a few at a time and liked his explanation. We not building a car, can't pull the plane off on the side of the road if it has a problem so they want to make sure we ALL are capable of the job. Hence the reason for such small classes. Good luck, we will all be there one day!
Dan

31 months ago

nursemom in Eden, North Carolina said: My husband applied for the Assembly A position during the September application process through sctechjobs.com. He fairly quickly went through the initial processes of testing and interview. We have been waiting - impatiently - since then. Today he received an email inviting him to the non-paid training. The training starts in January. So those of you who have been waiting - check your email.

By any chance, do you recall the day of the notice? I just sent a email asking if there is a certain day the notifications are sent. I check my email probably 5 times a day and would love to know if I only need to check it 5 times a day every two weeks. LOL, it feels like I have a scratch card that comes up empty every time I check.
Thanks look forward to being part of team with you all soon!
Dan

31 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: By any chance, do you recall the day of the notice? I just sent a email asking if there is a certain day the notifications are sent. I check my email probably 5 times a day and would love to know if I only need to check it 5 times a day every two weeks. LOL, it feels like I have a scratch card that comes up empty every time I check.
Thanks look forward to being part of team with you all soon!
Dan

I believe it was December 19th.

TEAMRANDO in Goose Creek, South Carolina

31 months ago

Does anyone have information on the aircraft painter position or what the typical wage is for that position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bewaredevil7039 in Goose Creek, South Carolina

30 months ago

a930rocket in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina said: I got lucky and applied just as the second wave of applications was opened up a couple of months ago. I went through the same process as Anthony did as far as applying, interviews, testing, etc.

I just completed the phase one training this past Thursday 4 August and received an email the next day with information on getting my Boeing badge at 9 AM, followed by an orientation at 12:30 PM Friday August 12 and phase two training starting the week after.

The training portion is for 180 days through Moseley Technical Services. With ten weeks of it off-site, with the balance at the Boeing plant here in Charleston. From there, you go through the drug and background testing again before you become a full time Boeing employee.

From my understanding, my shift will be from 3:30 PM to 12 for both the training and work.

Not excited about the pay for now, but I'm looking forward to completing the training, getting on board full time with Boeing and going from there.

Mike, did you do the 180 day training as well?

Hey Mike I was Hired on By CTS International For Assembler B position and was told my contract depends on the assesment test at Trident Tech.I was told it would be an electrical onhands test and if I passed I would then get a schedule to return back to Trident a couple days later.I have not went through any training at the tech at all for this position,and was curious of how hard this assesment is and what to expect.I do have experience as an avionics/electrical repairer worked on Helicopters in the Army.Any info on this assesment of what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Conal Anderson in Hazelwood, Missouri

30 months ago

@ TEAMRANDO. I believe air craft painter is usually around $16-$22 hour range. but let me find some more exact info for you

30 months ago

If anyone has info would love to hear from you,I was Hired on By CTS International For Assembler B position and was told my contract depends on the assesment test at Trident Tech.I was told it would be an electrical onhands test and if I passed I would then get a schedule to return back to Trident a couple days later.I have not went through any training at the tech at all for this position,and was curious of how hard this assesment is and what to expect.I do have experience as an avionics/electrical repairer worked on Helicopters in the Army.Any info on this assesment of what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

30 months ago

Anthony Hankinson in Charleston, South Carolina said: Phase I training is going great. I am currently on day 4 of training in which our group will get to see the facilities in person. I am looking forward to the tour. A lot of what we are learning is very basic and may be awfully familiar to most of you. It’s a good re-acclimation to some of the fundamentals you may have forgotten and maybe a few new concepts and ideas that you may not be so familiar with. All in all, this has been an extremely enjoyable experience up to this point.

FYI: We have been told that Boeing is not currently hiring for the existing or the new facilities, that is for the positions of Assembler A and Fabrication Specialist A. These are the two positions that ReadySC is training for. So that means, if you are currently in the middle of the process, don't stress, things are just going to take a little longer. We were told that training any new candidates will be on hold as well after my class completes its Phase 1. What does this mean? Well for me, I won't be expecting any more updates or interviews for a few weeks after my Phase 1 training is completed. Could take months, but they will proceed not too long in the future. Hang in there and keep checking the www.sctechjobs.com website for when the flood gates open and they start accepting applications for training again. That’s when I believe it’s safe to say that Boeing is moving forward with the training programs.

Hang in there

Anthony

Hi Anthony I just received a call and a contract offer for assembler B at Boeing.CTS International is the Company that will be paying me and I already got contract but the catch is on the top of my CTS contract it says I have to report to trident tech for an assesment contract job offer depends on the assesment.The asseasment is on the 14th then I was told if I receive a schedule then I will report back to trident for training.Any Advice?

Jwerstler79 in Round O, South Carolina

30 months ago

I have recently finished my work keys testing for the Assembler B position and I was told by the SCDEW I am now in the pool to begin training and they select about 20 per month for the 32 hour training course over there at Trident Tech up until the Summer of 2012. I have a couple of questions about the process. I have been reading up on Boeing and the new plant in Charleston for a few months now and they have nothing but great things to say about the employees here in Charleston but that they are not able to meet production as much as they would like due to not having the full work force in there yet.

With that being said are they doing any type of accelerated training/hiring to get people in the plant faster or are they still doing the 32 hour course at Trident Tech then onto the 4 days/ 4 hours per day/ for 2 weeks, THEN the 180 day training where half is in the plant and half is in the class room?

And also my cousin is also starting the process with Ready SC but he is worried because he has a felony conviction back in 2006 which he has completed his probation with no further trouble and this felony he has is not a violent, drug, sexual or anything like that, will Boeing still consider him with the felony? His old probation officer which is the head of the county he lives in has also gave him a stellar letter of recomendation and my cousin also participates in the Federal Bonding program to help him land a decent job. Sorry for the long post but I see there are some really awesome questions and answers here from people.

30 months ago

How long does it take after the work keys testing to hear something for phase one schooling?

30 months ago

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina said: How long does it take after the work keys testing to hear something for phase one schooling?

Ronda, I took the test at the beginning of October. I just got my notice to start phase 1 training. I start monday the 16th!

30 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: Ronda, I took the test at the beginning of October. I just got my notice to start phase 1 training. I start monday the 16th!

Thank you! I should hear something very soon then, hopefully! :D

Jwerstler79 in Round O, South Carolina

30 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: Ronda, I took the test at the beginning of October. I just got my notice to start phase 1 training. I start monday the 16th!

Congratulations Almost there!!! I just finished my last two tests this past Monday so hoping to hear something soon!!

30 months ago

Hang tough all that are waiting. I know you may think the notice will never come but it will if you passed everything. I will keep you posted on where my next venture leads to with Boeing, but excited again!

nursemom in Charleston, South Carolina

30 months ago

Just to let you know. My husband was part of the August blitz for Assembly A position. He's done the first week of his unpaid training and is being told he will - if he makes it through the last of the screening - start his paid training in March.

30 months ago

What does the 32 hour phase one training consist of? Just wondering if I may need to brush up on a few things as well as being curious.
Thanks!

30 months ago

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina said: What does the 32 hour phase one training consist of? Just wondering if I may need to brush up on a few things as well as being curious.
Thanks!

Mostly it is a intro to Boeing and a couple of hands on classes. You do get to tour the plant as well. Nothing hard at all and to be honest was a good training. It will let you know what to expect when moving on to the next phase. Which like nursemom's husband, I just finished up as well and waiting on the start date myself. Good luck and I hope that answers your question. It is nothing to worry about for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Almost there-I think in Summerville, South Carolina said: Mostly it is a intro to Boeing and a couple of hands on classes. You do get to tour the plant as well. Nothing hard at all and to be honest was a good training. It will let you know what to expect when moving on to the next phase. Which like nursemom's husband, I just finished up as well and waiting on the start date myself. Good luck and I hope that answers your question. It is nothing to worry about for sure.

Thank you very much for the information and you did answer a lot of my questions. Should I review any math? How many test do they have? I am so anxious and waiting like everyone else. Hope to see you at Boeing!

30 months ago

Rhonda in Summerville, South Carolina said: Thank you very much for the information and you did answer a lot of my questions. Should I review any math? How many test do they have? I am so anxious and waiting like everyone else. Hope to see you at Boeing!

No need to review math you only take one test at the end of the class that is real easy. You will do great I am sure, I look forward to seeing you out there as well. Great company from what I seen so far.

28 months ago

I just wanted to post an update to my status for those of you who are interested.

After just under 2 years of employment, I have enjoyed many great milestones in my career and development at Boeing. As many of you who have read, I came to Boeing South Carolina, Charleston, as an entry level mechanic, Assembler A. I am prior military, so I met the minimum requirement of 1 year of military, construction, or manufacturing experience. When I first heard of Boeing coming to Charleston, I immediately initiated my aggressive pursuit of acquiring a job. I chronicled my experience on this site to help provide transparency to the hiring process, time spent waiting between steps, and other helpful information. My motivation to do this was simply to inspire, motivate,clarify/detail the process, and to keep you hopeful and as informed as possible.
Well, just yesterday, someone leaned over and asked me if I was "the Anthony from Indeed". I said, "maybe??", then she went on to say how she read these post and how it had helped her navigate the process.

She made it all worth it for me. I am so glad that I could help at least one person. Ironically enough, her and I sit on the same leadership council for an internal employee engagement program.

So today I'm sitting in yet another training class, however, this time it's not for a mechanic position. I have just recently accepted a position as a Manufacturing Engineering Planner. I have had a extremely fulfilling career at Boeing already, and I hope that more of you are able to do the same. The possibilities really are endless. You control your own destiny.

Good luck to you all,

Anthony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.