Boeing Hiring Process (QUESTIONS ANSWERED)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 75)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jeff

23 months ago

But the worst part is she doesn't even take it ..its somthing she had and the bowimg medical form said disclose everything so she did . now its been a nightmare . boeomg medical nurse doesn't care to hear what u have to say . they even tell u to get ur medical Dr to check u off and fill out sum paperwork Boeing sends them her Dr does and he clears her ..but check this out Boeing still isn't convienced wtf are u kidding me . so then she has to do there physical. all stressed out of course she's waited 5 months for this opportunity . she has huge stress. its big for our family etc . thhen when her heart goes up .they stop the test and rate her on what she can lift bit she tells them she's ok its stress Boeing nurse doesn't care . her own Dr says sjes fime but Boeing doesn't nurse goes its black and white now what kinda of bsquare is this now nurse tells her its going to hiring mgr for the ok or not ..so nkw my wifes whole career in Boeing is up to a report .all started from putting down a med that she thought she should disclose . so in close its not worth it otty of u don't take it . caise Boeing. medical surely doesn't have ur back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

boeing_newb in Seattle, Washington

23 months ago

As an employee I feel safe in saying Boeing Medical DOES have your back. I've never seen a company with as many Safety/Health/Well Being programs as Boeing offers. Of course, It's your choice whether you choose to participate or not. Pre employment health screening, I have no advice, because everyone is different. However, I feel safe in saying, Honesty is key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff

23 months ago

boeing_newb in Seattle, Washington said: As an employee I feel safe in saying Boeing Medical DOES have your back. I've never seen a company with as many Safety/Health/Well Being programs as Boeing offers. Of course, It's your choice whether you choose to participate or not. Pre employment health screening, I have no advice, because everyone is different. However, I feel safe in saying, Honesty is key.

I agree it is good to be honest ..but when u do everything right and they ask u for ur own Dr to make sure ur ok and have ur Dr clear u . then he does the they still have concerns its frustrating. u jump through all the hoops to get hired and u do everything they ask . u end up stressing out during a physical u try to explain ur situation to Boeing medical and they don't seem to care then I have a problem woth that . So I understand honesty is key. . my wife was honest and its been a crazy mess ever since ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EchoBravo in Bremerton, Washington

22 months ago

Jeff said: I agree it is good to be honest ..but when u do everything right and they ask u for ur own Dr to make sure ur ok and have ur Dr clear u . then he does the they still have concerns its frustrating. u jump through all the hoops to get hired and u do everything they ask . u end up stressing out during a physical u try to explain ur situation to Boeing medical and they don't seem to care then I have a problem woth that . So I understand honesty is key. . my wife was honest and its been a crazy mess ever since ..

How is the crazy mess going for you? Did they work with her for some accommodations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Mercer Island, Washington

22 months ago

EchoBravo in Bremerton, Washington said: How is the crazy mess going for you? Did they work with her for some accommodations?

.
She just got hired all clear pep Sept 24 first day Oct 1st . Im so happy for her . this process took a while but worth it now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Everett, Washington

22 months ago

I got an offer, 2 weeks later went to the interview, and two days later was offered the job as Assembly Mechanic! I completed the digital signing and drug screen the next day. My background check came back 2 weeks later and stated I was questionable for employment. A week later I was called and told PER BOEING POLICY THEY WILL NOT HIRE ANYONE WITH MORE THAN 2 MISDAMEANORS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS! My heart broke because I put all my eggs in Boeing basket and it got dropped. I have 3 which a DUI & FALSE REPORT 2 years ago and a DISORDERLY CONDUCT about a year ago! Im not a bad guy by ne means, hell I even did a couple of tours in Iraq while in the Army. I did disclose the incidents so I dont know what to do. I was told the decision can be appealed but how? What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Jeff in Mercer Island, Washington said: .
She just got hired all clear pep Sept 24 first day Oct 1st . Im so happy for her . this process took a while but worth it now.

Awesome Jeff for you and your wife.

Is PEP a week long Jeff?

I'm in a similar situation. Ive got an offer for a job. All cleared within a week contingencies but medical.

I just went through the physical capacity test and got the restrictions from the Boeing doc. Now I'm going through Boeing Accommodations.

My question for anyone is I'm still in the contingency stage, since there is not start date. So if I understand it right I still don't have the job yet until I get my badge. Correct? Is it possible not to be hired? I just want to be prepared for anything and have other options available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff

22 months ago

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington said: Awesome Jeff for you and your wife.

Is PEP a week long Jeff?

I'm in a similar situation. Ive got an offer for a job. All cleared within a week contingencies but medical.

I just went through the physical capacity test and got the restrictions from the Boeing doc. Now I'm going through Boeing Accommodations.

My question for anyone is I'm still in the contingency stage, since there is not start date. So if I understand it right I still don't have the job yet until I get my badge. Correct? Is it possible not to be hired? I just want to be prepared for anything and have other options available.


Have u got ur results . ours went to.accomdations then she had to re take the physical because her heaet rate was high then this time she passed it easily then she got her call for pep and orientaion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff

22 months ago

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington said: Awesome Jeff for you and your wife.

Is PEP a week long Jeff?

I'm in a similar situation. Ive got an offer for a job. All cleared within a week contingencies but medical.

I just went through the physical capacity test and got the restrictions from the Boeing doc. Now I'm going through Boeing Accommodations.

My question for anyone is I'm still in the contingency stage, since there is not start date. So if I understand it right I still don't have the job yet until I get my badge. Correct? Is it possible not to be hired? I just want to be prepared for anything and have other options available.

pep is one day .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Jeff said: Have u got ur results . ours went to.accomdations then she had to re take the physical because her heaet rate was high then this time she passed it easily then she got her call for pep and orientaion

I have my results talked to the Boeing nurses. They are waiting on accommodations. Physical Capacity test person said I am capable of doing the job. My heart rate was good - no alarm. Im just dying to work and just over analyzing the process.

Up to the Hiring manager with Boeing accomodations now she said today.

Glad you wife got thru.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Bothell, Washington

22 months ago

Hi,
I'm so overwhelmed by this hiring process. I'm 18 and fresh out of high school with a lot of ambition towards landing a job in the Boeing factory, like my dad. The Burton name has always been big in Boeing, but I'm having trouble with just getting past the first resume screening. For example, I applied a few days ago for the same job title as my father (Interiors Fabrication & Assembly Mechanic C) and had my dad help me tailor my resume. A day later the status changed to "no longer under consideration." I'm frustrated. I have the necessary job experience and I am certainly qualified for these positions. For the love of god, most of my fathers coworkers can't even spell and I can't even pass the machine screening! I've been applying for all of the factory entry level positions since the day after I graduated in June. This is ridiculous, I need help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: Hi,
I'm so overwhelmed by this hiring process. I'm 18 and fresh out of high school with a lot of ambition towards landing a job in the Boeing factory, like my dad. The Burton name has always been big in Boeing, but I'm having trouble with just getting past the first resume screening. For example, I applied a few days ago for the same job title as my father (Interiors Fabrication & Assembly Mechanic C) and had my dad help me tailor my resume. A day later the status changed to "no longer under consideration." I'm frustrated. I have the necessary job experience and I am certainly qualified for these positions. For the love of god, most of my fathers coworkers can't even spell and I can't even pass the machine screening! I've been applying for all of the factory entry level positions since the day after I graduated in June. This is ridiculous, I need help.

I feel for you its a overwhelming and frustrating process.

I would look over you account update info. Make sure every section that applies to you is complete. Also Make sure you don't let more than 10 minutes pass or you lose information when the system logs you off automatically. Also Save your info with your password.

With the Job Description, make sure your resume justify your qualifications for the competencies. I used the key words and modified my qualifications around it to sell myself. This was key because the interviewers loved my resume. My resume was 2 pages long.

I would remove bullets. I was told that messes up your resume somehow.

After I did those things, I was able to get more "considerations" that landed me an interview.

After my interview, an hour later I got an offer and started my contingencies. I cleared all contingencies within a week but medical. It just went over a month today working with Boeing medical.

There are more knowledgeable people here that may have other insights.

I wish you the best of luck Olivia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Bothell, Washington

22 months ago

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington said: I feel for you its a overwhelming and frustrating process.
I would look over you account update info. Make sure every section that applies to you is complete. Also Make sure you don't let more than 10 minutes pass or you lose information when the system logs you off automatically. Also Save your info with your password.
With the Job Description, make sure your resume justify your qualifications for the competencies. I used the key words and modified my qualifications around it to sell myself. This was key because the interviewers loved my resume. My resume was 2 pages long.
I would remove bullets. I was told that messes up your resume somehow.
After I did those things, I was able to get more "considerations" that landed me an interview.
After my interview, an hour later I got an offer and started my contingencies. I cleared all contingencies within a week but medical. It just went over a month today working with Boeing medical.
There are more knowledgeable people here that may have other insights.
I wish you the best of luck Olivia

Thats a long resume! I did just exactly what you did, too. I copy and paste the competencies to a word document so i can extract and alter the things that they want to hear. I do not use any bullet points, and I always reread and edit my resume twice before submitting it. Maybe my experiences arent good enough? I've been around power tools my whole life, took several high school classes on how to read and create 2D and 3D drafts, and was even the metal and wood shop student of the year in ninth grade (out of the whole school, they chose only one student and I was picked instead of a male counterpart.) I've had two jobs and many temporary employments to complete construction and labor projects. On top of that, I even had my dad apply for me a few times, and he's been with Boeing for 28 years total. He was just recently rehired 4 years ago and had to apply like me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: Thats a long resume! I did just exactly what you did, too...

IMHO The High school classes - Under Account Update > Education > your High School.

Did you put the classes on your High School > Description.
Define each class.
Example from me:
Manufacturing Processes, 3 Qtr Hours, Fall 1986

I would make sure you put that under your High School.

Yes my resume is long also my experience is unique. I do a combination resume.

The functional section - Ie my job is a working with hydraulics and electro mechanical. Heading Hydraulic Mechanic then define the job by short to the point sentences. Use their description and my background to sell myself. Then next section Electo Mechanical Technician. Then do the same thing.

That is good you extract vs copying sections, that makes unique.

Next section turns into a traditional work history resume. I list My Title I held, employer and dates I held the position.
List work experience to solidify my functional abilities against the competencies.

I would put under your education section, highlights of your high school training.

Breaks in work history or short employment sections are killers. I feel you need to establish stability at a job. If you are not working fill the gaps with volunteer work related to your job you seek. Or School or training. Keeps gaps minimal and easier to explain in an interview. Just my opinion.

I wish you the best of luck. Be persistent. Just don't focus on this one job. Apply for every job you are qualified for.

Have you looked into the intern jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Bothell, Washington

22 months ago

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington said: IMHO The High school classes - Under Account Update > Education > your High School.

Did you put the classes on your High School > Description.
Define each class.
Example from me:
Manufacturing Processes, 3 Qtr Hours, Fall 1986

I would make sure you put that under your High School. Yes my resume is long also my experience is unique. I do a combination resume. The functional section - Ie my job is a working with hydraulics and electro mechanical. Heading Hydraulic Mechanic then define the job by short to the point sentences. Use their description and my background to sell myself. Then next section Electo Mechanical Technician. Then do the same thing. That is good you extract vs copying sections, that makes unique. Next section turns into a traditional work history resume. I list My Title I held, employer and dates I held the position.
List work experience to solidify my functional abilities against the competencies. I would put under your education section, highlights of your high school training. Breaks in work history or short employment sections are killers. I feel you need to establish stability at a job. If you are not working fill the gaps with volunteer work related to your job you seek. Or School or training. Keeps gaps minimal and easier to explain in an interview. Just my opinion. I wish you the best of luck. Be persistent. Just don't focus on this one job. Apply for every job you are qualified for. Have you looked into the intern jobs?

The education section throws me off. It wont let me pick my high school, it just gives me college options. I have no idea what to do about that, and neither does anyone I ask. Thats a good point though. If I could figure out how to put my high school on the resume I could list all of my vocational courses.
Yes, I have heard of the intern jobs and apprenticeships for becoming machinists and what not, but can't seem to find where to sign up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: The education section throws me off. It wont let me pick my high school, it just gives me college options. I have no idea what to do about that, and neither does anyone I ask. Thats a good point though. If I could figure out how to put my high school on the resume I could list all of my vocational courses.
Yes, I have heard of the intern jobs and apprenticeships for becoming machinists and what not, but can't seem to find where to sign up

Yes with under 2yrs work experience you should put more information under education. My suggestion just like with my Navy Training is to click other institutions and in descriptions put the information requested plus your training and the dates attended.

Intern jobs were posted about a couple weeks ago.

On the Boeing Careers page under Search and apply you can do a quick search on the right. Type "intern" then under the location type "Washington". It will show you all of the Washington Intern jobs open.

Hope this helps you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

It seems like (if I remember right) if you want to add anything like schools or whatever, just add them... A little plus sign - add... ?? Something like that??

Also, regarding PEP... It lasts around an hour or so... You sign a few documents- code of conduct, and I don't remember what else... Then you go get your picture taken for your badge. That's it. It's not paid either. Your first day on the payroll is orientation day- and you pick up and activate your badge that day...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hopelesssss in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

hey yoda, how long after all contingencies are cleared till HR give u a call for PEP u remember? Im so excited and anxious...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

At the bottom of your offer letter there should be a phone number you can call. Try that. Ask what the next step is and ask if your PEP has been scheduled. Once you do that, it should get the ball rolling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Bothell, Washington

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: It seems like (if I remember right) if you want to add anything like schools or whatever, just add them... A little plus sign - add... ?? Something like that??

Umm... well yeah, of course it's that simple. But again I'll add that it doesn't allow you to list your high school, only universities, community colleges, and tech schools (none of which I have attended yet)

I like that idea Baddahoochi. I'll make sure to update my account this afternoon. I'm actually a little nervous right now, because I'm currently under consideration, and have been for 3 days, for parts finisher-forming and straightening B. The posting closes Thursday, so if I make till then am I past the first phase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said:
Also, regarding PEP... It lasts around an hour or so... You sign a few documents- code of conduct, and I don't remember what else... Then you go get your picture taken for your badge. That's it. It's not paid either. Your first day on the payroll is orientation day- and you pick up and activate your badge that day...

Thanks Yoda I appreciate the Help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: I'm actually a little nervous right now, because I'm currently under consideration, and have been for 3 days, for parts finisher-forming and straightening B. The posting closes Thursday, so if I make till then am I past the first phase?

Yes I would update that information ASAP.

For your High School information.
I rechecked the information on Education Block in Account update and found more to help you out Olivia.

Fill out your Country State City as this is required.
College/University - Other Institutions
Graduated - Yes (Because you stated you did)
To and from dates
Major and Minor - Other than listed
Type of Degree - High School Graduate
GPA
Description - This is where you can detail all you training 2D 3D drafting (add keywords that match contingencies IMHO), Work Experience from school group projects. I would focus on skills and accomplishments. This will help solidify your background that you are a team player.

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: I'm actually a little nervous right now, because I'm currently under consideration, and have been for 3 days, for parts finisher-forming and straightening B. The posting closes Thursday, so if I make till then am I past the first phase?

IMHO you will know when you get called by HR to set up an interview. That was my experience. They could be interviewing the cream of the crop as we speak. The close date was a month away for the position I got offered.

You need to make your resume and account information accurate then stand out screaming I'm the person you want to hire. You may want fresh set of eyes other than your dad that may see something that could help you stand out of the crowd of potential candidates. Just a thought.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Bothell, Washington said: Umm... well yeah, of course it's that simple. But again I'll add that it doesn't allow you to list your high school, only universities, community colleges, and tech schools (none of which I have attended yet)

I like that idea Baddahoochi. I'll make sure to update my account this afternoon. I'm actually a little nervous right now, because I'm currently under consideration, and have been for 3 days, for parts finisher-forming and straightening B. The posting closes Thursday, so if I make till then am I past the first phase?

I guess what I was thinking was that if you could not list your school, then work around it by adding it manually. Capeesh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Arlington, Washington

22 months ago

I appreciate all your guys' help. English was never my best subject (worst, actually) when it came to writing things with prompts and directions, other than that I can write fine. Maybe you guys would be willing to look at my resume and give me some new, different opinions? I'm absolutely determined to get an interview. There are three new job openings that I am eligible and want to apply for: Inspector Integral Fuel cells, Inspector Assembly & Installation B, and Developer Prover Upholstering - C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

Olivia in Arlington, Washington said: I appreciate all your guys' help. English was never my best subject (worst, actually) when it came to writing things with prompts and directions, other than that I can write fine. Maybe you guys would be willing to look at my resume and give me some new, different opinions? I'm absolutely determined to get an interview. There are three new job openings that I am eligible and want to apply for: Inspector Integral Fuel cells, Inspector Assembly & Installation B, and Developer Prover Upholstering - C.

I would, but Im not comfortable putting my email on this site. I like my privacy.
There is no way to email you Olivia or you me that I know of. Via this board. Maybe yoda or mod knows.

Go for the other jobs Olivia. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

As far as a timeframe goes....

The Boeing employment process is, for the most part, like this. Once you apply to BESS and submit your resume on a REQ, your status will automatically become "under consideration". At this point, computer software is scanning your resume for key words that match what the specific REQ states. If the software doesn't find any, it will automatically dump your resume and change your status to "no longer under consideration". the timeframe for this is normally within the first 24/48 hours of submitting your resume.

If you are still under consideration after a couple of days, then it is likely that you passed the first hurdle (the software) and will now have a "live" employee looking at your resume. There is no (repeat NO) timeframe for this. its very much up to the HR personnel and the hiring manager to actually have a look at you, and make their decisions. This process can take anywhere from weeks, to months, to even a year. I know of specific REQs for Auburn that were posted back in march, and the interviews are only be carried out today (sept 21).

I know of other REQs that were posted back in May, that internal Boeing employees applied for and have still heard nothing.

My point, Boeing doesn't have a timeframe... it truly does not. For those of you under consideration and getting impatient with it, my advice is to sit tight and don't fret on it. When Boeing are ready to fill a particular position, they'll get around to it eventually...even if it means waiting for months on end.

Also, for those waiting on SPEEA related positions, with the negotiations going on right now its my understanding that management is after slowing its hiring process for a lot of SPEEA jobs until after a new agreement is hammered out. I'm sure there are exceptions to that however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Baddahoochi in Newcastle, Washington

22 months ago

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington said: As far as a timeframe goes....

The Boeing employment process is, for the most part, like this. Once you apply to BESS and submit your resume on a REQ, your status will automatically become "under consideration". At this point, computer software is scanning your resume for key words that match what the specific REQ states. If the software doesn't find any, it will automatically dump your resume and change your status to "no longer under consideration". the timeframe for this is normally within the first 24/48 hours of submitting your resume.

If you are still under consideration after a couple of days, then it is likely that you passed the first hurdle (the software) and will now have a "live" employee looking at your resume. There is no (repeat NO) timeframe for this. its very much up to the HR personnel and the hiring manager to actually have a look at you, and make their decisions. This process can take anywhere from weeks, to months, to even a year. I know of specific REQs for Auburn that were posted back in march, and the interviews are only be carried out today (sept 21).

I know of other REQs that were posted back in May, that internal Boeing employees applied for and have still heard nothing.

My point, Boeing doesn't have a timeframe... it truly does not. For those of you under consideration and getting impatient with it, my advice is to sit tight and don't fret on it. When Boeing are ready to fill a particular position, they'll get around to it eventually...even if it means waiting for months on end.

Also, for those waiting on SPEEA related positions, with the negotiations going on right now its my understanding that management is after slowing its hiring process for a lot of SPEEA jobs until after a new agreement is hammered out. I'm sure there are exceptions to that however.


Thanks For your inside Help. Eases my mind. Ya I figured with the SPEEA it would slow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LAX in los angeles, California

22 months ago

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington said: As far as a timeframe goes....

This is my 1st time visiting this forum and I only read the last couple posts....therefore I gathered you must already work for Boeing Company.

I have an interesting question,
What is Boeing's policy regarding Management dating an Employee???
OR..Is it against Boeing's policy for higher level Management to date an employee??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DeltaWing in Fort Worth, Texas

22 months ago

What about the timeline after you've been interviewed? I had a phone interview with Boeing Defense for an entry-level engineering position 10 days ago. Should I expect to get a decision pretty soon, or can that take a while? They responded to my initial application rather quickly (about a week).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said:

I'm going to assume that your question is very relevant to a job offer you or your significant other has been made. Put simply, Boeing doesn't care who is dating/marrying/divorcing whom.

I know of plenty of IAM folk who are married to office staff, some of whom are management. Boeing doesn't really pay any attention to whom your spouse/significant other is....unless you need a Yankee White clearance or something (and even then they wouldn't care if he/she was a fellow employee)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

DeltaWing in Fort Worth, Texas said: What about the timeline after you've been interviewed? I had a phone interview with Boeing Defense for an entry-level engineering position 10 days ago. Should I expect to get a decision pretty soon, or can that take a while? They responded to my initial application rather quickly (about a week).

Same. Its very much up to the hiring manager to make his/her decision....which there is no real set timeframe for. Its frustrating, but thats how it works...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LAX in los angeles, California

22 months ago

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington said: I'm going to assume that your question is very relevant to a job offer you or your significant other has been made. Put simply, Boeing doesn't care who is dating/marrying/divorcing whom.

I know of plenty of IAM folk who are married to office staff, some of whom are management. Boeing doesn't really pay any attention to whom your spouse/significant other is....unless you need a Yankee White clearance or something (and even then they wouldn't care if he/she was a fellow employee)

Thanks for your response. Actually I am asking on behalf of someone else. I have NOT applied to Boeing.

Here another question..
What is Boeings policy regarding an employee who has a FULL HIGH SECURITY clearance. However, the employee is abusing the badge meaning using it for other business NOT related to Boeing such as airport, hotel, anything and everything else cell phone companies...mainly ABUSING their high Security clearance to get access to private info of someone else and non of it related to Boeing business......what is Boeing policy regarding the Abuse of high security clearance????

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.Very much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DeltaWing

22 months ago

It looks like I'm no longer under consideration for the job. I'm not surprised. I'll give them credit for responding quickly, but I have to say it was probably the dumbest and most inane interview I've ever sat through.

Here is an actual question they asked me:

"Tell us about a bad decision you made"

What the hell? How am I supposed to respond to a question like that? Do they actually want engineers who make bad decisions? They spent maybe 5% of the time talking about my skills and qualifications, and the rest of the time asking these mindlessly generic questions. I'll be looking elsewhere from now on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BoeFab in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

LAX in los angeles, California said: Thanks for your response. Actually I am asking on behalf of someone else. I have NOT applied to Boeing.

Here another question..
What is Boeings policy regarding an employee who has a FULL HIGH SECURITY clearance. However, the employee is abusing the badge meaning using it for other business NOT related to Boeing such as airport, hotel, anything and everything else cell phone companies...mainly ABUSING their high Security clearance to get access to private info of someone else and non of it related to Boeing business......what is Boeing policy regarding the Abuse of high security clearance????

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.Very much appreciated.

This isnt really an employment question, but ill point you in the right direction.

Nope, abuse is not accepted at any level. Boeing Ethics phone number can be googled easily enough.

Sorry to hear you didnt progress deltawing, the interview questions are all like that, the interviewer cant ask you anything thats not on his/her sheet. Thats the star process.
For anyone else getting an interview soon, if that question comes up (about a bad decision/mistake made) always have an example ready in your mind that doesnt sound too bad. Boeing knows youre human, and that everyone makes mistakes. Telling the interviewer that youve never made one is a major red flag.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

DeltaWing said: It looks like I'm no longer under consideration for the job. I'm not surprised. I'll give them credit for responding quickly, but I have to say it was probably the dumbest and most inane interview I've ever sat through.

Here is an actual question they asked me:

"Tell us about a bad decision you made"

What the hell? How am I supposed to respond to a question like that? Do they actually want engineers who make bad decisions? They spent maybe 5% of the time talking about my skills and qualifications, and the rest of the time asking these mindlessly generic questions. I'll be looking elsewhere from now on.

The questions are in STAR format (situation, task, action, result) they are all behavior questions. Don't give up, keep applying and your next interview, you will be ready.

You could have said something to the effect of... once I revised a part, but the form, fit and function actually changed. As a TEAM, we all decided that changing the part number, instead of revising it was actually the better way to handle it. By changing the part number all together instead of just revising it, the build process was easier to understand.... blah blah blah

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

Quick question does anyone know what's a good time be at work if u have to be at work for training at 6am in Everett . my wife will be in bld 40-31 so any suggestions on how early to find parking ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

Get there at 5:00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: Get there at 5:00

Thank u :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

She just wasn't sure she heard horror stories how bad it is there to find parking

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

Yup, the earlier, the better... The first few days she should go super early so she can get her bearings on where to go ad how fast the lot fills up.

What I did for training was take the bus. I got an orca card. You fill it up each month: either a $ amount, or a monthly pass. - whichever you prefer. Then the bus dumps you off right at the gate. Easy peasy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: Yup, the earlier, the better... The first few days she should go super early so she can get her bearings on where to go ad how fast the lot fills up.

What I did for training was take the bus. I got an orca card. You fill it up each month: either a $ amount, or a monthly pass. - whichever you prefer. Then the bus dumps you off right at the gate. Easy peasy.

I think she might wanna do the bus route ..we livs in marysville . so just wondering what time they pick up and were ..she might drive there at first but I told her bus would be way cheaper

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iamdesperate in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

Jeff in Denver, Colorado said: I think she might wanna do the bus route ..we livs in marysville . so just wondering what time they pick up and were ..she might drive there at first but I told her bus would be way cheaper

Hey JeffI am trying to get on at Boeing I just put in two applications this past week. How long did your wife take before she got to go in and do an interview? How did her interview go? Any pointers would help. Also what job did she get? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

iamdesperate in Denver, Colorado said: Hey JeffI am trying to get on at Boeing I just put in two applications this past week. How long did your wife take before she got to go in and do an interview? How did her interview go? Any pointers would help. Also what job did she get? Thanks!!

She applied in February of this yr then her status stayed the same until July thry sent her a email to fill out a app then a week later a interview then august 8th she got contgenicy offer and she's starting Oct 1st in Everett. it took a while. .what job are u applying for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iamdesperate in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

Jeff in Denver, Colorado said: She applied in February of this yr then her status stayed the same until July thry sent her a email to fill out a app then a week later a interview then august 8th she got contgenicy offer and she's starting Oct 1st in Everett. it took a while. .what job are u applying for

The two I have are Advance Composite Rework & Repair B and Inspector Assembly & Installation B. I pray I hear soon because its been a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

iamdesperate in Denver, Colorado said: The two I have are Advance Composite Rework & Repair B and Inspector Assembly & Installation B. I pray I hear soon because its been a week.

A week is nothing... You might have to wait several months!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

22 months ago

Jeff in Denver, Colorado said: I think she might wanna do the bus route ..we livs in marysville . so just wondering what time they pick up and were ..she might drive there at first but I told her bus would be way cheaper

There's a stop at 116th - at the park and ride. I think it's route 247?
I am not sure of the exact time. Once at the plant, get off at the 1st stop. I think it's gate E-77
Get the schedule and all the particulars... Google it ;0)

Not only is it cheaper, it's stress free. You don't have to fight parking, traffic or weather. Especially while she is in SPC... There is no overtime, and it works great with the bus schedule.

The only glitch would be if she has to go to SPC on 2nd shift... There are no busses at night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: There's a stop at 116th - at the park and ride. I think it's route 247?
I am not sure of the exact time. Once at the plant, get off at the 1st stop. I think it's gate E-77
Get the schedule and all the particulars... Google it ;0)

Not only is it cheaper, it's stress free. You don't have to fight parking, traffic or weather. Especially while she is in SPC... There is no overtime, and it works great with the bus schedule.

The only glitch would be if she has to go to SPC on 2nd shift ... There are no busses at night.


I just applied fot assembler wire b..I don't have a lot of exp . but I have over 12 yrs with cadino work lots of customet service and team work I heard its entry level . can't hurt to try .is through resume jusy use key words ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: There's a stop at 116th - at the park and ride. I think it's route 247?
I am not sure of the exact time. Once at the plant, get off at the 1st stop. I think it's gate E-77
Get the schedule and all the particulars... Google it ;0)

Not only is it cheaper, it's stress free. You don't have to fight parking, traffic or weather. Especially while she is in SPC... There is no overtime, and it works great with the bus schedule.

The only glitch would be if she has to go to SPC on 2nd shift ... There are no busses at night.

opps Damn computer ..I mean lots of exp in the casino business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

So to tailor ur resume with key words

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

milo 2012 in Seattle, Washington

22 months ago

I am waiting for my background to clear and hope possibly to start in Nov...does anyone have suggestions for coming from the southend to everett??? How do you get into the van pools?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.