Boeing Interview Event

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Brenton in State College, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Greetings all! I had a questions about the interview process at Boeing. I applied for a requisition about 3 months ago and was invited to submit a full application about a week later. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I started submitting my resume for everything that I thought I might be qualified for (about 20 in total). I have not received any more invitations to fill out full applications, but I did get an invitation to attend an interview event in Seattle. Is it safe to assume that I am only being interviewed for the position for which I completed the full application? Also, is there any information on these interview events? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hopeful in everett in Bellevue, Washington

48 months ago

Brenton in State College, Pennsylvania said: Greetings all! I had a questions about the interview process at Boeing. I applied for a requisition about 3 months ago and was invited to submit a full application about a week later. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I started submitting my resume for everything that I thought I might be qualified for (about 20 in total). I have not received any more invitations to fill out full applications, but I did get an invitation to attend an interview event in Seattle. Is it safe to assume that I am only being interviewed for the position for which I completed the full application? Also, is there any information on these interview events? Thanks.

I think it is a safe bet that the interview will be for the job you filled out the complete application for. When I got my interview invite it was an email with some contact info and the job Req. so I knew what to prepare for. I was like you and had many "applications" in the system but only one "Full Application" had been filled out, it was the one I interviewed for.

Double check your invitation and see if there is some contact info and if so contact them and see if they can clear it up for you. It's nice to know ahead of time what to prepare for in the interview.

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenton in State College, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Hopeful in everett in Bellevue, Washington said: I think it is a safe bet that the interview will be for the job you filled out the complete application for. When I got my interview invite it was an email with some contact info and the job Req. so I knew what to prepare for. I was like you and had many "applications" in the system but only one "Full Application" had been filled out, it was the one I interviewed for.

Double check your invitation and see if there is some contact info and if so contact them and see if they can clear it up for you. It's nice to know ahead of time what to prepare for in the interview.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply! Did you end up getting the job? Did you go through the structured interview (STAR) system? Most of my friends at Boeing did a phone interview, so I'm a little confused as to what this interview event is and why I am doing that and not having a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Brenton in State College, Pennsylvania said: Thanks for the reply! Did you end up getting the job? Did you go through the structured interview (STAR) system? Most of my friends at Boeing did a phone interview, so I'm a little confused as to what this interview event is and why I am doing that and not having a phone interview.

I did get an offer, just waiting on all the contingencies now.

I did go through the "Structured Interview" and it is done in the STAR format, roughly. I have heard of a lot of people having phone interviews and then having one in person after that. I think it all depends on a lot of different factors. In my case I am local so it was no big deal to go to an interview in person. If I was out of town they might want to screen via phone first? I don't know but the good thing is you got the interview.

My interview went smoothly and the managers interviewing me were very nice. The format of the interview is no big deal it is just a way they ask the questions so they can do it the same for every candidate and be fair. It's really like any other interview. They will ask you some questions designed to see how you would (or have) behave in a specific situation specific to the workplace. You will want to answer giving examples from your past work experience. No big deal. I know its easy to get nervous about interviews and I think too much is made of the STAR format and all that, for me it's best to think of it as just a little meeting with a couple of people who are interested in my past work experience and want to hear a story or two (told concisely). You allready know they are interested in you and think you are a fit for the job since you were picked out of possibly thousands of people who applied.

I'm not sure you are nervous about interviewing but hope this helps if you are or maybe someone else who could be reading this.

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andy in Renton, Washington

48 months ago

I just got an invitation to an interview as well on the coming wednesday. What you wrote seem motivating, but myself is quite nervous due to the fact that my current/previous jobs are no related to the posistion I applied for.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the questions exactly they asked during the STAR format? so that I have a clearer picture in mind to prepare. Thanks

andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RrKt in Lynnwood, Washington

48 months ago

Andy in Renton, Washington said: I just got an invitation to an interview as well on the coming wednesday. What you wrote seem motivating, but myself is quite nervous due to the fact that my current/previous jobs are no related to the posistion I applied for.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the questions exactly they asked during the STAR format? so that I have a clearer picture in mind to prepare. Thanks

andy

Andy-

The STAR interview is just questions concerning your previous experiences that you may have had at your previous job given a particular scenario or situations on how you handled it, and how it was resolved. Just give examples on any experience you've had for each question. I too do not have any aerospace background and when I was interviewed back in December, I was given a contingent job offer right after the interview. You will be fine. Keep us posted on how you do. Good Luck!

48 months ago

It is good to prepare but I will say they asked me not to say what the questions are exactly. It seems silly but I said I wouldn't so...

It doesn't matter though the questions surely change. The best advice is just think of things you have done in the past which may relate to the job you will interview for in ANY way. I will say the questions asked of me were not exactly related to building an airplane but more about how you respond in a work environment, how you deal with adversity,co-workers, technology etc. Again, you have got this far so they are at least sure you are capable of doing the job so be confident. They will understand you are nervous so don't worry about that, I actually love interviewing and have been on both sides of it and still was nervous but they were nice and made me feel comfortable right away.

You'll do fine.

p.s. I didn't have aviation experience either just relevant experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chaunce in Puyallup, Washington

48 months ago

Brenton in State College, Pennsylvania said: Greetings all! I had a questions about the interview process at Boeing. I applied for a requisition about 3 months ago and was invited to submit a full application about a week later. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I started submitting my resume for everything that I thought I might be qualified for (about 20 in total). I have not received any more invitations to fill out full applications, but I did get an invitation to attend an interview event in Seattle. Is it safe to assume that I am only being interviewed for the position for which I completed the full application? Also, is there any information on these interview events? Thanks.

I am in the same situation you are. I applied to all 15 positions I believe I qualify for and Boeing sent me an invitation as well for this upcoming interview Wed. My question is, Will they give us a time to arrive? Apparently there was only the invitation email that they sent me that gives the location and such but I don't know what time the interview will take place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Chaunce in Puyallup, Washington said: I am in the same situation you are. I applied to all 15 positions I believe I qualify for and Boeing sent me an invitation as well for this upcoming interview Wed. My question is, Will they give us a time to arrive? Apparently there was only the invitation email that they sent me that gives the location and such but I don't know what time the interview will take place.

I think what happens (or what happened in my case) is you get the email saying you are going to be interviewed, they include driving directions etc so that you have that info then you get a call from a person at global staffing to make final arrangements for time and day. In my case I got the call like 5 min. after the email. If this is not how it went for you please let us know so we can add another twist to the plot. It seems from reading around here that in some cases maybe one manager makes an invitation then another manager changes the plan or the job gets filled before they get to you. It's a big company hiring a lot of people just now so it gets messed up some times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chaunce in Puyallup, Washington

47 months ago

Hopeful in everett in Bellevue, Washington said: I think what happens (or what happened in my case) is you get the email saying you are going to be interviewed, they include driving directions etc so that you have that info then you get a call from a person at global staffing to make final arrangements for time and day. In my case I got the call like 5 min. after the email. If this is not how it went for you please let us know so we can add another twist to the plot. It seems from reading around here that in some cases maybe one manager makes an invitation then another manager changes the plan or the job gets filled before they get to you. It's a big company hiring a lot of people just now so it gets messed up some times.

Yeah, You are right Hopeful in Everett that they send another email about the time and date. They also were very direct about offering a job. Now I'm waiting on the contingencies.

aviation fanatic in Burien, Washington

47 months ago

I just got done with a boeing interview event and after my interview was over I was called over and told they have met there quota for the job I had applied for. He then told me I had passed the interview process and am now in a pool for the job. Has anyone experienced this? How long did it take to here from sumone? What was the outcome?_

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andy in South Holland, Illinois

47 months ago

aviation fanatic in Burien, Washington said: I just got done with a boeing interview event and after my interview was over I was called over and told they have met there quota for the job I had applied for. He then told me I had passed the interview process and am now in a pool for the job. Has anyone experienced this? How long did it take to here from sumone? What was the outcome?_

Did they say which campus that have met their quota for jobs? and if you don't mind me asking, what was the job title that you interview for?! Did you also contact them about your interview was pass or not? because i am still waiting for ANYTHING from them, but i haven't heard a thing at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andy in South Holland, Illinois

47 months ago

Do you know which campus that's filled with their quota for job? and if you dont mind me asking, which job title did you interview for? i havent hear a thing since my last interview, on 2/9. and did you contact them first to find out if you passed the interview or not, or they emailed you? because i am still waiting for them to contact me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

708ferry in Anacortes, Washington

11 months ago

Hi All, I have a question. I interviewed in person last week with Boeing, after the online application process. It has been a week and the managers who conducted the interview said I would hear something this week. I just looked and I am no longer underconsideration for the position. So is it safe to assume I did not get the position?

Thank you,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.