Contingency Phase Phone call on SATURDAY?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Moe

20 months ago

My husband just accepted a job offer yesterday so is in the contingency stage. We missed a phone call around 11am from "Ginny" (Seattle/Everett)...on a Saturday.

Now I'm paranoid that something is wrong. He called her back but no answer or return call. She didn't say what it was about.

Is a saturday call unusual. Does anyone know who "Ginny" is and what she might want/need?

I wish I wasn't so paranoid...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

20 months ago

Don't be paranoid. Monday is not that far away... Either call her back or wait for her to call you back.

Moe

20 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: Don't be paranoid. Monday is not that far away... Either call her back or wait for her to call you back.

He did call back...vmail. I'm sure she'll call back tomorrow. Tomorrow is just a long way away when you're worried.

20 months ago

Ya, I understand...

Was everything disclosed on the full application? If so, or if criminal history is clean, then there is nothing to worry about... Also if the drug test is clean, there's nothing to worry about. Perhaps it was about a medical concern and if so, maybe they just need to know if special accommodations are needed...

I'm certain there is nothing to worry about - they just need to fill in the blank about something minor.

Moe in Sagle, Idaho

20 months ago

clean criminal history. application was full disclosure. he did his drug test Friday, and there's a SMALL chance his prescription medication showed up (and he disclosed that medication and why he takes it on his medical questionaire). Only other issue I can possibly think of is his work history from '04-present; same company but it's a small family business. His employer will confirm his dates, position, etc, but it hasn't always been on the books (ie tax records). From '04-'12 it's been either under the table, over the table, under a different business name when a partner was involved (and that was reflected in his initial application), and for one year or so in there he was even contracting himself to the company as an independent contractor type deal.

20 months ago

They will probably want some W-2's then.. You might want to start digging those up.

20 months ago

Oh I did not read your post carefully... There may not be any tax records... Hmmm I am hoping they will accept his explanation!

20 months ago

Those blocks of time that can not be verified (under the table) might have been better to just say "unemployed" at that time...
??

Moe

20 months ago

The employer is able to verify, though. Should we anticipate that not being good enough?

The ups and downs with the company have been so sporadic we don't even know what dates were off the books. For '11 he was on the books, but we had to produce our OWN W2 from the company because the business partner that became invovled left the state with all financial records and still refuses to give them back. The owner, though, who has maintained a business license for the company for all years, is completely willing to acknowlege my husband's employment for all the years.

Moe

20 months ago

And honestly to say "unemployed" would have been false.

20 months ago

Ya... You are right... Well the employer will verify... I guess you just stick to the truth and cross your fingers!!

Moe

20 months ago

Ahhhhhhh relief. It was just an HR HUMAN saying hello & touching bases...

20 months ago

See?? I told you it was nothing ;0)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.