Counter Offer/Salary Negotiation with Boeing

Comments (7)

Nicole in Oak Harbor, Washington

57 months ago

Does anyone have any experience negotiating salary with Boeing? If so was it approved and at what percentage? Any tips or input on the counter offer process?

Thank you

Jane Roth in New York, New York

57 months ago

Can ask what are you offering me?
That is the best way.
If the money is not enough say I was hoping for $..... tha is what I need to live.
I am in staffing and a pro.

Jane Roth-NY

Nicole in Oak Harbor, Washington

57 months ago

Thank you for the response however I am looking for information specific to Boeing. At this point in my career I don't think it is about how much I need to live but what I am worth.

The offer has been made and is 20% lower than my previous employer in the same position/industry.

I have read on a few other forums that people who counter offered with Boeing were denied. I am looking for input from others who have experience negotiating salary with Boeing. If so was your counter offer approved and at what percentage? I have a few days and am trying to figure out the best way to approach this.

Thanks again...this forum has been a huge help in this long process.

BCAengineer in California

57 months ago

Back in 2007, my friend was offered an entry level engineering position for Boeing in SoCal at an 8% premium over what we were earning at our current employer at that time. However, we felt that our current employer did not adequately compensate us according to market value based on our position, experience, and comparable rates offered by competitors. My friend did not think Boeing's offer was high enough so I think he counteroffered for at least 10% more. They counteroffered back only less than 2%. He eventually declined that offer since another offer came up in Washington State.

Other than that, I had an offer from a similarly-sized competitor which I also counteroffered for about 10% more. A short time my counteroffer was received the position was mysteriously "canceled" and I fought to try and find out what happened but ended up walking away.

I say do your homework with your counteroffer and be sure to back it up with verifiable sources. If you present a compelling case I don't see any reason why they wouldn't consider revising their initial offer. Other than that it is simply take it or leave it.

Superboy in Seattle, Washington

50 months ago

Nicole in Oak Harbor, Washington said: Thank you for the response however I am looking for information specific to Boeing. At this point in my career I don't think it is about how much I need to live but what I am worth.

The offer has been made and is 20% lower than my previous employer in the same position/industry.

I have read on a few other forums that people who counter offered with Boeing were denied. I am looking for input from others who have experience negotiating salary with Boeing. If so was your counter offer approved and at what percentage? I have a few days and am trying to figure out the best way to approach this.

Thanks again...this forum has been a huge help in this long process.

Did you end doing the counter offer or accept the initial offer? How did it go?

coho in Bellevue, Washington

48 months ago

I recently received an offer for a mechanical engineering position in Everett, WA. The offer amount was just about the same as what I'm making at my current job, and I was hoping for something higher to make the jump. Thus, I'm curious to how successful other engineers are with their counter-offers. Any comments, advice, and/or tips?

Thanks.

coho in Issaquah, Washington

38 months ago

coho in Bellevue, Washington said: I recently received an offer for a mechanical engineering position in Everett, WA. The offer amount was just about the same as what I'm making at my current job, and I was hoping for something higher to make the jump. Thus, I'm curious to how successful other engineers are with their counter-offers. Any comments, advice, and/or tips?

Thanks.

I'll answer my own question by saying that I made a counter offer asking for a salary increase and provided reason to why I felt I deserved the desired salary. After a few days Boeing Staffing came back with a new offer which basically split the difference and they also offered me a one-time signing bonus. So, I accepted the offer and have been working for Boeing for the last 7 months. I'm really glad I took the job, as I get great benefits, get to work in an excellent environment, and work on very interesting projects. So, it can't hurt to ask for more money because you might just get it!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.