Dismissed charges and disclosure

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Joevandal in Moscow, Idaho

30 months ago

I received a Fed-Ex package in the mail from Boeing today. It says that there is a concern with my criminal history. In the application under disclosure it ask me to disclose any misdemeanor or felony charges that I was CONVICTED of. I neglected to put down a charge that was dismissed. I didn’t put it down because a dismissed charge means that I wasn’t convicted. I even called their hotline to double check with them. Although the background paper work they sent me today included my dismissed charge. I called their hotline and I was told that I was going to have an investigator call me in the next few days. Does this mean that they’re going to withdraw the offer for employment? Has anyone else had this problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in East Wenatchee, Washington

30 months ago

I am afraid it indeed means they will withdraw your offer.

A few years ago I had a similar problem.
I got a DUI a long time ago. I think at the time I went too fast on the online application. I said that I did not have any misdemeanors. (ok honestly, I guess I didn't know that a DUI was a misdemeanor) so I said that I did not have any. However, I specifically remember typing in a 'comment' field, and disclosing the DUI. They said I did not disclose it and withdrew the offer. They also said there was nothing in the comments.

I think the bottom line is they want you to disclose EVERYTHING. There is a 'disposition' field. This is where you put: guilty-dismissed-etc.

I recall pleading with them and explaining that it was an honest mistake. They did not want to hear any of it. Offer withdrawn. They said I could not apply again for 18 months... That was several years ago.

I recently had two Interviews, and believe me... I definately disclosed it this time! They don't hold it against you. But they do want you to tell everything no matter what, cuz they will find out anyway.

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Oh, and my DUI was dismissed as well by the way....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Joevandal in Moscow, Idaho said: Ok, and you had your DUI dismissed and the offer still ended up being withdrawn?

Yes.

30 months ago

So I didn't mean to say that they WILL withdrawal the offer. I can't say I know for sure.
Just that they might. OK?
Don't panic yet.
I just was sharing what happened to me... I hope it works out for you!

30 months ago

Yes I know. Little late for me not to freak out. My heart just about stopped when I opened the package. The only thing that might help me is I called their hotline and asked a representative about the disclousre of dismissed charges. She read the application back to me and it says "Mr.******* is calling regarding the online employment application process. He is wanting to know if he should include charges that were dismissed or if he will only need to include convictions. Unable to find explicity explanation via TMA regarding dismissed or even expunged records. I accessed online employment verification and verified verbiage listed of disclosing "convictions". She sent that to me in an email so I guess I can say that's where the mix up happened.

30 months ago

Yes I know. Little late for me not to freak out. My heart just about stopped when I opened the package. The only thing that might help me is I called their hotline and asked a representative about the disclosure of dismissed charges. She read the application back to me and it says "Mr.******* is calling regarding the online employment application process. He is wanting to know if he should include charges that were dismissed or if he will only need to include convictions. Unable to find explicity explanation via TMA regarding dismissed or even expunged records. I accessed online employment verification and verified verbiage listed of disclosing "convictions". She sent that to me in an email so I guess I can say that's where the mix up happened.

Vern in Tacoma, Washington

30 months ago

I recently got the FedEx letter with a concern regarding my credit report. I had a bankruptcy last year and my offer is for a Procurement Agent position. Do you think this will keep me from getting the job? Will they allow me to explain my circumstances? Anyone have any feedback on this?

Vern in Bremerton, Washington

30 months ago

Vern in Tacoma, Washington said: I recently got the FedEx letter with a concern regarding my credit report. I had a bankruptcy last year and my offer is for a Procurement Agent position. Do you think this will keep me from getting the job? Will they allow me to explain my circumstances? Anyone have any feedback on this?

Anyone have any feedback on this?

30 months ago

They'll let you explain yourself. I'm still waiting on the investigator to call me.

elz in Endicott, New York

27 months ago

Joevandal...any update on what happened here? Did you get the offer withdrawn?

JoeVandal in Moscow, Idaho

27 months ago

Yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

elz in Endicott, New York

27 months ago

Were your records sealed/youthful offender adjudication or anything like that?

eemp83 in Denver, Colorado

20 months ago

Vern did you ever hear back about the credit stuff for the position?

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

20 months ago

Do you guys know if, in 1981, I was convicted of reckless driving (I was 16) and I had to do community service work. Btw, it should have been dwi but the judge reduced it, even though it was still enough points to have my license revoked.

I mean, that was 31 years ago. I can't believe I'm this old! I don't feel it.

Peter Kang in everett, Washington

15 months ago

I have resigned my job two month ago due to the family issue as a MOA(manufacturing Operation Analyst 2 at Boeing. Now I am ready to re apply for job at Boeing.I have applied couple of jobs since Mar 2013 Fortunately, I got interview schedule pretty soon as a tool design engineer. I just wondering about the process between background check and interview. Which one is first between job interview and back ground check? I already have sent online application with 2nd congratulation email.

Thanks

Boeing Researcher in Seattle

15 months ago

Hello all,

I am investigating the management culture at Boeing. I am interested in the poor ethics and other problems discussed in this forum. I believe that in order to improve it, much of what is going on must be in the public domain. If you have information that you feel could help me, please email this address: boeingresearcher at gmail dot com

Thank you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.