Here it is! The exact criminal history questions from Boeing's Online Employment Application!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

elz in Endicott, New York

26 months ago

"Please read the following questions carefully before answering. Failure to answer truthfully and accurately will result in failing the background screening. (Note: California applicants may qualify for certain disclosure exemptions as described immediately below this section).

Answer "Yes" if any of the questions below apply to you.

Crimes include both misdemeanors and felonies. Some examples of crimes that must be disclosed include: Driving under the influence, minor in possession, reckless driving, negligent driving, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.

Do you have any criminal charges pending against you or open arrest warrants?
Are you under charges for a crime and ordered by a court to participate in a deferred prosecution program, such as accelerated rehabilitative diversion, stipulated order of continuance, alternative adjudication, suspended sentence, or any other court-created alternative sanction?
Under your current name or any other name, have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor infraction or moving violation?

List all misdemeanors and felonies if you answer "Yes" to the question above by clicking on the Add Criminal History link.

*

If yes, name used

Date (mm/dd/yyyy)

Court location

Nature of offense

Disposition"
_
This should help you guys prepare to answer the questions so as to not get offers withdrawn!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

elz in Hornell, New York

26 months ago

So here's a dilemma, in NY state a disorderly conduct is considered a violation (hence, NOT a crime). As seen in the application it only asks for misdemeanors and felonies, but says to disclose disorderly conducts. In order to fill in the boxes pertaining to the records, one must first answer YES to the question about being convicted of a crime. If I am to disclose a disorderly conduct violation, I technically have to falsely answer YES to do so. I called the Boeing hotline and explained to the lady the situation as well as mentioning the many similar issues about withdrawn offers from non-disclosures that technically didn't have to be disclosed. She said she couldn't help and never heard of offers being withdrawn for failure to disclose non-conviction offenses and to simply answer exactly the questions stated(#3 in particular). Since I chose to remain anonymous she said she would not be able to transfer me to speak to the person who would know more about these things....come on Boeing...really? Anyone have offers withdrawn for not disclosing violations/non-convictions/non-crimes? If so, please give details such the job type you were applying for (clearance, level, etc.) Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GoCougs24 in Pullman, Washington

25 months ago

elz, how did your situation turn out? I did not disclose three dismissed misdemeanors from five years ago and am very worried about Boeing withdrawing my offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elz in Wayne, New Jersey

25 months ago

Here is what you do:
Call/visit all courts that you ever went to for any incident with the law. Ask them to pull up their records of you. Anything that is not sealed is what you should disclose on the application. I had no problems getting through the background check and just went through pre-employment processing today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ap

24 months ago

The best thing to do is just list everything. Charges like that don't matter as long as you list them. Would you really want to get an offer withdrawn for not listing something? The whole "its not a charge, its an offense" might not fly with Boeing security. Just list it to be on the safe side. I even listed dismissed cases on mine just to be safe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

24 months ago

FYI:
If you do not list your dismissed cases, you are screwed...
List them... Yes, even if they are dismissed...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

radracer in Mesa, Arizona

21 months ago

My interview is tomorrow. I just did online application. After reading others' comments I decided not to risk it and listed my misdemeanor for a driving infraction. I will let you know how it turns out.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

radracer in Arizona

19 months ago

So I was offered the job, and I did pass the background check in less than 1 week. THe verification company did call me to ask for additional W2's, but they never asked about my criminal history. A few days ago I did receive the results of my background checks. They did find everything. Everything except a juvenile record. SO the point is: reveal all of your crimes from 18 on, or they will find out, and you wont get the job because they know you are a dishonest person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Pullman, Washington

19 months ago

radracer in Arizona said: So I was offered the job, and I did pass the background check in less than 1 week. THe verification company did call me to ask for additional W2's, but they never asked about my criminal history. A few days ago I did receive the results of my background checks. They did find everything. Everything except a juvenile record. SO the point is: reveal all of your crimes from 18 on, or they will find out, and you wont get the job because they know you are a dishonest person.

Did Boeing Securities investigator contact you? to ask more questions because of the infraction. I got a Neg 1 as well but Disclosed it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

helpme in Stanwood, Washington

4 months ago

elz in Endicott, New York said: "Please read the following questions carefully before answering. Failure to answer truthfully and accurately will result in failing the background screening. (Note: California applicants may qualify for certain disclosure exemptions as described immediately below this section).

Answer "Yes" if any of the questions below apply to you.

Crimes include both misdemeanors and felonies. Some examples of crimes that must be disclosed include: Driving under the influence, minor in possession, reckless driving, negligent driving, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.

Do you have any criminal charges pending against you or open arrest warrants?
Are you under charges for a crime and ordered by a court to participate in a deferred prosecution program, such as accelerated rehabilitative diversion, stipulated order of continuance, alternative adjudication, suspended sentence, or any other court-created alternative sanction?
Under your current name or any other name, have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor infraction or moving violation?

List all misdemeanors and felonies if you answer "Yes" to the question above by clicking on the Add Criminal History link.

*

If yes, name used

Date (mm/dd/yyyy)

Court location

Nature of offense

Disposition"
_
This should help you guys prepare to answer the questions so as to not get offers withdrawn!!!

I completely missed this section on the application. What now? I don't want them to think I was trying to withhold anything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

helpme in Stanwood, Washington

4 months ago

I missed this section. ... criminal history. .. On the application. What now? I don't want the to think I was trying to withhold anything! Had an interview but afraid they will withdrawn any offer they might have, thinking I was being dishonest. Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

robman19 in Everett, Washington

3 months ago

helpme in Stanwood, Washington said: I completely missed this section on the application. What now? I don't want them to think I was trying to withhold anything!

Strange, i got a congrats email for a MPRF positon and didnt see this anywhere also, your not the only one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

amurrabazo79 in Austin, Texas

3 months ago

I got hired at QVC, I told them I was convicted for a possession controlled substance and they said that was fine as long as my background came back with that conviction and I was honest I will be fine. The day before training I got a call from qvc and they told me I was fired and not eligible to work because I failed to discuss other charges that I had. I told them everything I had on my record was dismissed and I was only convicted of that one charge. It never stated to disclose your entire arrest record. It really upsets me I couldn't even get hired at west telemarketing. I feel like how can we get ahead in life by being judged for our past. It's not fair I paid 14000.00 for school and I can't even get hired anywhere for my career field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lance in Ava, Illinois

2 months ago

helpme in Stanwood, Washington said: I missed this section. ... criminal history. .. On the application. What now? I don't want the to think I was trying to withhold anything! Had an interview but afraid they will withdrawn any offer they might have, thinking I was being dishonest. Help!

How did this turn out for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Beaverton, Oregon

2 months ago

After reading this post I realized I had only read the “Do you have any criminal charges pending against you or open arrest warrants?” So I answered No. I do have some minor misdemeanors from 5 years ago, so I called the Boeing number, supplied in the e-mail they sent to me to apply, and was told that each group of recruiters do things differently. It sounds like you may be able to correct an error made on the application, but it all depends on the hiring person you are dealing with.
That is what I get for not reading the whole question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandi in Saint Louis, Missouri

27 days ago

amurrabazo79 in Austin, Texas said: I got hired at QVC, I told them I was convicted for a possession controlled substance and they said that was fine as long as my background came back with that conviction and I was honest I will be fine. The day before training I got a call from qvc and they told me I was fired and not eligible to work because I failed to discuss other charges that I had. I told them everything I had on my record was dismissed and I was only convicted of that one charge. It never stated to disclose your entire arrest record. It really upsets me I couldn't even get hired at west telemarketing. I feel like how can we get ahead in life by being judged for our past. It's not fair I paid 14000.00 for school and I can't even get hired anywhere for my career field

I totally am feelin your struggle. I am going to test to get into Boeings "training" program and IF I PASS......should I go through the 2 & 1/2 mo training for a job it will be useless to submit an app and go through the background check cuz I am not going to pass. Why do I have to be judged according to my pass history and ALSO my history entails I went through school, took out a bunch of loans OWE 29,000. And while getting my Associates in AUTOMOTIVE technology, worked full time while raising my 2 kids as a single mom NO HELP, and paid my bills living with my kids in an apartment. So , I feel like I'm not going to get any admiration towards that time and struggle in my life. ANYWAY.....
CAN ANYONE with similar experiences or close to mine EVER GET HIRED AT BOEING????????????????????
I have a couple possession of narcotics, including a paw from like 2 years ago, which COULD still be open. I know I have a nuscence (mind spelling) charge that I have an ACTIVE WARRANT for, which I don't know how I got it or what it's from, but a cop told me getting flagged and said it's bs, but somehow I have to post bond at $260 for the bs. OK, ANYWAY.....I have a BAD BAD BAD background. con'd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandi in Saint Louis, Missouri

27 days ago

CONT'D .....So Yes, I have a horrible background from getting mixed up with the wrong guy who is in jail as we speck and this is the only time in life that my background really matters or is maybe going to be exposed and going to be judged on anything else besides having NO CURRENT FELONIES, I had an SIS, but if I did my year on probation and the LAW says that anyone looking at my background can only see a possession of narcotics. SO WHY DO I HAVE TO LIST THIS. I'm not trying to show my panties to everyone!!! However. I have paid my dues to society. Made it through my year and I know I have to fix my current status with that warrant, but man....I'm not getting Boeing's exsentive background check, this is not a security breech BUT I DO GET IT FROM BOEING's POV. But I have a lot of experience towards Boeing and I just want a chance to prove myself. So again, has ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE LIKE MINE. I don't want to be judged according to my past by ANYONE EXCEPT GOD HIMSELF- NOT BOEING!!! PLEASE HELP - I don't think never mind idk what I think....I'm just really worried about doing more more more work while struggling raising a infant and doing training and getting through all hoops just to be shot down in the end. Is anyone else ever struggled, as in near my situation. Apparently it takes a couple years to screw up your whole life and a lifetime to dig yourself out. ~ Brandi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.