Hirign process trend in PA...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

serialmhogany in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

I recently applied for a position at Boeing in PA. I am trying to find out what the trend is over there with the hiring process? I applied for two positions of the same title but one said 1/2 and the other 2. Mind you the job is almost exactly what I do in my current position.

Here's what mines looked like so far...
Applied 6/22, closed 6/27 for both.
Received a call the week of of July 11th in reference to the level 2 position to make me aware that the position was a entry level position even though it was a level 2. And then to let me know someone will be emailing to schedule a panel phone interview.
Received the interview email on July 18th. 9 appt times available. It was then canceled with a note to reschedule.
After a week or two went by I emailed and asked for the status of the rescheduled interviews.
Rescheduled, saw only 7 spots this time. I took the first time available on Tues. Sent a thank you PDF through the scheduler who said she had forwarded it to the hiring manager. 2days later the 1/2 position is canceled. But the level 2 which I applied for is still up there. Its now 8 days later, and I'm wondering how I did. Tried to call TotalAccess, they no longer give you any inside info.

When I asked at the end of the interview what the next step was, the hiring manager said ASAP within a week hopefully. I dont want to bombard the scheduler with followups, but I am sooo anxious to know.

Does it sound like this will be one of those canceled positions? Or with him saying in a week, do I have a fighting chance? Should I call the contact that I have? Or is it way to early?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Never mind, got a positive call today :) Up for second round. Will report back with details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Does anyone know what the hiring trend in PA is? It "seemed" like they are going to offer me the position, they told me the job was split into two positions, and asked which I preferred. Do you know what the time frame for the hiring process is in Ridley Park, PA? I heard they have to report HR to St. Louis. Does anyone know whether in PA they email the offer to external applicants, or do they Fedex/UPS it? Also, I heard some speak about orientation, will this have to occur in St Louis or is it handled in PA?

Just for FYI...
2nd interview was informal. Met face to face with the hiring manager and another who was on the original panel interview call. I also met with the hiring manager's boss. He welcomed me as if he knew I had the job, but not sure. Took a walk on the floor, and also went outside and saw a Chinook hoovering on the pad. Very exciting!!!
The Hiring manager made sure he disclosed that he has no control over salary. Spoke about the importance of education, the details of both positions, and what the company culture was like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Took exactly two weeks from the last interview to receive the call and offer available on BESS system. FedEx sent out and delivered next day. Have to send W-2 for current job on Tuesday because of holiday.

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NatG in Kanata, Ontario

21 months ago

serialmhogany, hi!
I saw your comments about the Boeing hiring process, and have a question: you mentioned that 1 of 2 positions you applied for showed as cancelled on BESS. So it really got canceled??
The thing is that I got a final offer 5 days ago, counter-offered the next day and since then BESS has been showing that "The job has been cancelled. You're no longer nder consideration"...
So they may not even respond a counter offer? They can just cancel the position and that's it?

Thks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.