Be Persistent, Patient and Truthful! (Boeing Hiring Process)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

eazyinge in Woodbury, New Jersey

20 months ago

Great Great Great post. You would think it would be easier to find a job not a days with the internet but thats not the case. Its just as difficult. But like you said be patient and keep looking and you will find something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NWintern in Pullman, Washington

20 months ago

I applied for the Boeing internship.. got the phone interview and then they sent me the official application. I was honest on the application about my DUI downgraded Negligence Driving charge from earlier this year. They called and offered me the internship and I accepted it online. Im awaiting the background to clear. My question was that since I disclosed the DUI on my app before the offer, did they put that into consideration before offering me the internship. Im just afraid that after they complete the background and find the Neg 1 charge they might rescind the offer. Any help will be very helpful thank u!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dipoleMoment in Lake Stevens, Washington

20 months ago

@keepingatit
Just curious, what are your qualifications as far as education and experience?

I recently graduated college double majoring in math/physics, and have been applying to entry level jobs (even hourly) at Boeing for the last few months with no success thus far. :(

Really hoping I get an opportunity to work there and turn it into a career.
Thanks a lot,
DipoleMoment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

keepingatit in Edmonds, Washington

20 months ago

NWintern in Pullman, Washington said: I applied for the Boeing internship.. got the phone interview and then they sent me the official application. I was honest on the application about my DUI downgraded Negligence Driving charge from earlier this year. They called and offered me the internship and I accepted it online. Im awaiting the background to clear. My question was that since I disclosed the DUI on my app before the offer, did they put that into consideration before offering me the internship. Im just afraid that after they complete the background and find the Neg 1 charge they might rescind the offer. Any help will be very helpful thank u!

I would guess that they saw the neg before sending you the offer, as long as you were honest, there should be no problem with your background check, I won't go into specifics, but my history contains what we could call heftier stains on it, I was honest, And it wasn't an issue. The background check can take weeks, and it can be hard to wait on it, but take a breath, be patient and know that if you were honest it shouldn't be a problem.
Good luck

NWintern in Pullman, Washington

20 months ago

keepingatit in Edmonds, Washington said: I would guess that they saw the neg before sending you the offer, as long as you were honest, there should be no problem with your background check, I won't go into specifics, but my history contains what we could call heftier stains on it, I was honest, And it wasn't an issue. The background check can take weeks, and it can be hard to wait on it, but take a breath, be patient and know that if you were honest it shouldn't be a problem.
Good luck

Thanks for the help! yeah it sure is nerve racking because im so far in the process! I was thinking the same... Like why would they send me an offer without actually looking over my application. but I was honest. And everything should match up with what I said before and hopefully it will not be a problem!

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Kawasaki, Japan

19 months ago

It has been three weeks since the phone interview... They told me I would hear from them in about two weeks. My interview was far from great, and if that's what Boeing interviewers also think, wouldn't I hear from them like right away? I would like to think that Boeing is taking their time with my background check(which is clean) etc. toward hiring me... Has anybody waited & waited only to hear the bad news from them?

Wayne in Pullman, Washington

19 months ago

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Kawasaki, Japan said: It has been three weeks since the phone interview... They told me I would hear from them in about two weeks. My interview was far from great, and if that's what Boeing interviewers also think, wouldn't I hear from them like right away? I would like to think that Boeing is taking their time with my background check(which is clean) etc. toward hiring me... Has anybody waited & waited only to hear the bad news from them?

It took them three weeks to get back to me with an offer! and they do not start doing background check until after you have accepted an offer!

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Yokohama, Japan

19 months ago

You did it!!! Congratulations man!!! Anybody? Waited a long time only to get turned down? I really hope that I'm not waiting day after day for that!

flying7x7 in Renton, Washington

19 months ago

Hi Kenjiro san, my friend took 6 weeks to get result after interview. Sounds like you had a phone interview, how about did they ask you to show up to meet them upon success phone interview?

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Japan

19 months ago

Hi, yes, I had my first phone interview about three weeks ago, and no, they didn't ask me to show up to meet them upon success phone interview. Is this good or bad? But at the end of the interview, they asked me if I had any questions, so I asked them a few questions about the job, and also asked them when I would hear from them about the result(they said about two weeks) and also asked them if I would have another interview or just this one(they said it depends, some cases yes, some cases no, things like that). Like I said, it's been about three weeks and I would like to think that it's taking them time to process me to the next step toward hiring me, because I would assume if they decided that I'm not the one for the job, they would notify me of the result soon. That's why I would like to know if there is anyone who waited a long time only to get turned down for the particular position they applied. Or both good news and bad news could both take long?

19 months ago

Hi again, so, after having waited for 6 weeks, was it a good news for your friend or a bad news? k.k.

19 months ago

In general,Boeing will take their own time either way good or bad result. I really understand what your feeling though. My case, I waited about 10 days then I called hiring manager to found the result. About my friend, hi did not got an offer. Maybe you can call them?

19 months ago

Hi, I see. The position I have applied is for their 787 program in Japan, and the interviewers were all in Japan too. I did send an email of inquiry to their Japan office, and they told me I would hear not from them but from BESS in the United States, and told me to wait... Would BESS answer me if I sent them email, or would they tell me if I asked the hiring manager's contact info?
Since I left my previous job, which was a demanding but high pay, rewarding job, I have only been working simple temp jobs that won't require my full commitment, because I am hoping to get a job with the Boeing. But it's already been more than 6 months since I initially applied and if Boeing can take time either way, then maybe I should put the Boeing aside and start looking for a "real job" again.

19 months ago

Cuz I'm getting short on my savings.

19 months ago

and my wife's mood is not so good...I think it's getting worse and worse after the interview as the days pass...

Wayne in Pullman, Washington

19 months ago

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Japan said: and my wife's mood is not so good...I think it's getting worse and worse after the interview as the days pass...

From what I have heard from many people. The process varies and can take a long time.. especially dealing with BESS here in the States. Ive heard of people waiting months!Since your across the ocean it might even be a little longer process

19 months ago

I see....thank you.

19 months ago

Kenjiro, any feedback yet ? Hope you are on the next stage with Boeing Japan...

kenjiro kawasaki in Tokyo, Japan

19 months ago

no..

Kenjiro Kawasaki in Tokyo, Japan

18 months ago

Funny I received an email from BESS yesterday telling me to send an application for one of other positions I had sent my resume for. (Manufacturing Operations Analyst-Industrial Engineer). I sent the same application I used last time that led me to the phone interview, so I hope it's OK.(Not so great GPA and jail record for reckless driving in CA 20 yrs ago.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

No need to worry about 20 years old record. New position is in US or Japan?

18 months ago

its in nagoya, japan, at mhi premises, 787 related position sir.

18 months ago

is there anyway that i can contact you in person ? may not be a good idea to publish our contact in this forum...

18 months ago

kennysaks@gmail.com
just created. pls send your email address here.

Eric12 in Indianapolis, Indiana

18 months ago

I worked for Boeing 2 years. Mostly at IDS and the rest at Boeing Capital. After 4 months at Boeing Capital I was forced out (i.e. resign in lieu of termination). My first 20 months were the greatest. Unfortunately, I didn't think about bad management and the culture at BCC and because of my aspirations for advancement I failed to recognize and realize that certain career paths were traps, thus my career ended abruptly. If I could go back and do it all over again I would have never applied to and taken the position at BCC. Now, Boeing has me listed as a no-rehire. I can never work for the company again. In fact, after leaving Boeing I went nearly 4 years before I was able to land another job. Moral to the story...choose your employer wisely, do your research on the location, and most importantly, if possible, find out as much as possible for whom you will work for before accepting the position. Not all managers, and co-workers, are willing recipients. You may get chosen because you are the most qualified yet you are not the one they want to really hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

NatG in Montreal, Quebec

17 months ago

Hello there!
I've read numerous posts on this site about Boeings hiring process, and everybody keeps saying that they wouldn't start background check until the offer is accepted. But it doesn't seem to be my case... I had an email from the HR person (one if the interviewers) providing Job ID, position title and a MIDPOINT salary (xls file with the list of benefits was also attached).
When I asked if I can take a couple of days to review it, she emailed me back saying that "salary referred below is not our offer to you. It is the market of our salary range".
I know that my background check has started this Monday: rec'd a call from the company arranging contingency checks - they needed to verify a phone number for one of my educational institutions.
So why is my process different?? There was no actual job offer, therefore there was nothing to accept, but my background check is being performed already...
What does that mean???

Thank u in advance for ur ideas!

Brandi in Saint Louis, Missouri

26 days ago

Can someone who may know this answer PLEASE help. Has anyone ever had a BAD background and actually got hired at BOEING> By bad meaning: Drug charges....a couple pending or paws possession of narcotics. Oh and having a current warrant out for some crazy stuff I didn't know I had whatever a nuance charge is.....or how it can be put in to you as a warrant when nothing was ever given to you. Anyhoo, but I have to take the Workkeys test and pass and then go train at this college for 2 & 1/2 months. I think I can pass, but I don't want to go train in a very narrow field and get all the way to the background step and then be turned down. I have a lot of experience behind me but, from reading a lot on this site, I think it's pretty pointless to go thru with anything. I can list everything and I have rightfully paid my debt to society with NO FELONIES on my record...BUT I HAVE A FEEELING THAT BOEING WILL NOT SEE IT LIKE THIS. OK SO HAS ANYONE BEEN DENIED by there background, making it all the way through just to get their job offer taken away because of their background???????? My stuff is in the past few years and I am no longer with the guy who helped put all that junk on my BR, and he is in jail....but I NEED this job for my 3 kids....the AS I have in automotive technology and working as a mechanic. So....any comment would be helpful......- thx- Brandi

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.