Project Management Opportunities at Corporate & "Key Words"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Trevor in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I am determined to get into Boeing in a project management (PM) role and yet the online application process has not been fruitful. I was "under consideration" for a recent senior PM role but the job must have been given to someone else as the status changed to "no longer under consideration." Very disheartening. Now, I've learned from this board that there are "key words" that should be included in the resume in order to be selected. Anyone have any idea where to find these key words? Are they on the posted job description? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks for the quick response and for your candid comments. I'm impressed by your willingness to help others like myself that are interested in joining your organization. To be sure, I am not looking to gain an unfair advantage in the hiring process. I had read about these "key words" in one of these posts and was intrigued by their significance relative to the selection for an interview. I am convinced that if I had an opportunity to personally convey my experience and qualifications during an in-person interview then I would get the job. Now, I just need to obtain some contact names within Boeing so that I can call upon them for a courtesy meeting to learn more about carrer opportunities at Boeing. And the nature of the meeting would indeed be informational and not wholly motivated by my desire to get inside. Fact is, while I want to join Boeing, I really don't know much about how the company works along with its culture. Certainly, I hope to join the ranks and be part of the Boeing team! Thanks again and be well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks again for your thoughtful response. I am, at the risk of sounding patronizing, blown away by your courtesy and generosity with insights about Boeing. I especially dig your loyalty and enthusiasm about your employer and hope to have the opportunity to be a Boeing team member myself. FYI: I have just applied to a job posting that, while it's within the corporate function, is based in Seattle, WA. This doesn't make sense to me given that I reside in Chicago within 2 miles of your world headquarters. Be that as it may, I am uniquely qualified for the role given my experience, having held a similar role and qualifications. I am excited. And, in the short term, I am happy to see the "under consideration" status (the job closing date is 5/22). I will post you as to how this develops. In the meantime, please consider a more direct communication channel rather than this post. I can be reached at <Edited by Host: contact info removed>. Thanks and be well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.