Salary Counter Offer for Boeing Job Offer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

RR in Bothell, Washington

56 months ago

Has anyone had success in a Salary Counter Offer for a Boeing Job offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

There must not be any offers going out?? Maybe they have stopped. I know they are hiring alot of mechanics in Everett, WA.

RK in Lynnwood, Washington

55 months ago

RR in Bothell, Washington said: There must not be any offers going out?? Maybe they have stopped. I know they are hiring alot of mechanics in Everett, WA.

I got a contingent job offer the same day I got interviewed on the 12th. Just cleared my background and medical and drug, so I'm just waiting for them to call for my Pre-Employment Processing and Orientation. This is in Everett for Inspector Mod B position. At that time of my interview, there were a lot of people applying for mechanics position because there was a lot of openings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

How long did it take to get the results of your background check, and did they give you a copy of it? How long did it take to get the Drug test results? I assume it was an urinalysis? If you got a copy of your background check...I am interested in any sections and how it read concerning; any past pleas, past convictions (does it say anything about 7 or 10 years?), and how far back did the work history go? Thanks in advance for that info! RR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tim in Tacoma, Washington

55 months ago

I interviewed on Nov 12 and still waiting on my background check to clear...anybody heard back yrt..? Assembly B Mech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RK in Lynnwood, Washington

55 months ago

RR in Bothell, Washington said: How long did it take to get the results of your background check, and did they give you a copy of it? How long did it take to get the Drug test results? I assume it was an urinalysis? If you got a copy of your background check...I am interested in any sections and how it read concerning; any past pleas, past convictions (does it say anything about 7 or 10 years?), and how far back did the work history go? Thanks in advance for that info! RR

RR- My background check took almost 2 weeks. I was checking on the status online until last friday I showed it went from pending to cleared. They did not give me a copy of the background. As far as my work history, my last job was all I needed to put since I was there for 17 years. I did have to call the Global Staff person to follow up just to when I'd get a schedule or an idea for the PEP and Orientation. I was given a choice of starting either the 10th or 17th. So I took the 10th and as my official 1st day of work, but before that, on the 7th I have to go to their office in Seattle for a hearing test and to take picture for my badge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MPower in South Carolina

53 months ago

I completed a counteroffer about 2.5 weeks ago without response... any suggestions?

M3DRIVER in Charleston, South Carolina

52 months ago

I went from the online test to an interview within a week. Left the interview feeling positive and within three hours received a contingency offer. Was given a contact who I called about counter offer. I explained the pay level was too low compared to my current job. He e-mailed the opening for counter which I did on the 3rd. No reply yet and yet another agency is asking for my W-2's from the last 8 years and I haven't agreed to anything yet. As well I'm under consideration for three other positions and really don't know what to do if they agree to my counter on the first one.
Hope you here something on yours and good luck!

endless dream in Cape Coral, Florida

50 months ago

I accepted the job offer on April 25, I did a drug test same day in the morning(25 April, 2011). My status still showing incomplete for drug test. Everythings was cleared slready.I heard that it took only 3-4 days to finish as long as no drug habit. To me, I never done the drug however, due the the neck pain three month ago(Now I am fine), I took a prescription drug once in a while. Especially, the since end of March I did not take precscription drug(Nucynta). Is this gonna affect drug test for potitive result? I really want to know.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M3DRIVER in Charleston, South Carolina

50 months ago

endless dream in Cape Coral, Florida said: I accepted the job offer on April 25, I did a drug test same day in the morning(25 April, 2011). My status still showing incomplete for drug test. Everythings was cleared slready.I heard that it took only 3-4 days to finish as long as no drug habit. To me, I never done the drug however, due the the neck pain three month ago(Now I am fine), I took a prescription drug once in a while. Especially, the since end of March I did not take precscription drug(Nucynta). Is this gonna affect drug test for potitive result? I really want to know.

Thanks

I would think you should be fine. If the results came up positive for something they would let you know and ask you about it and retest. Do you have a number to the person who they gave you for contact? They should be able to tell you what the hold up is. Good luck ! Get ready for an even warmer climate than FLA.

Endless dream in Fort Myers, Florida

50 months ago

M3DRIVER in Charleston, South Carolina said: I would think you should be fine. If the results came up positive for something they would let you know and ask you about it and retest. Do you have a number to the person who they gave you for contact? They should be able to tell you what the hold up is. Good luck ! Get ready for an even warmer climate than FLA.

Thanks for the advice.
I sent email this morning to staffing agency(Lady). I just before got a email back from her. She is going to check my drug test result.

Hopefully, everythings fine.

Reyo in Fullerton, California

33 months ago

Hey MPower/M3DRIVER did they ever get back to you after your counter-offer with them? I am in exactly the same situation right now, I made a counter-offer and haven't heard from them in a while.

NatG in Kanata, Ontario

27 months ago

Reyo in Fullerton, California said: Hey MPower/M3DRIVER did they ever get back to you after your counter-offer with them? I am in exactly the same situation right now, I made a counter-offer and haven't heard from them in a while.

Reyo, hi!
From the forum I figured that you did get a job after you counter-offered. It took them a few days to respond though...
Did you get what you asked for? Do you think they still might have a backup candidate after all the contingencies are cleared and they made me a job offer?
I'm so afraid of them declining it altogether with my candidacy...

Reyo in Seabrook, Texas

27 months ago

NatG in Kanata, Ontario said: Reyo, hi!
From the forum I figured that you did get a job after you counter-offered. It took them a few days to respond though...
Did you get what you asked for? Do you think they still might have a backup candidate after all the contingencies are cleared and they made me a job offer?
I'm so afraid of them declining it altogether with my candidacy...

Hey NatG, I got the job yeah, and they accepted my counter offer, but they had me wait for exactly 14 days to get back to me. Longest wait time on this post. Near the end I felt like calling them in desperation and saying,"Sorry for ever counter-offering, please just take me, I'LL SUCK YO D**K!!" So hold your horses buddy, they should get back at you. Good luck man!

NatG in Kanata, Ontario

27 months ago

Reyo, thanks for the info!
The only thing that is bothering me is that since I rec'd a final offer and counteroffered, the job posting status has changed to CANCELLED on BESS...
WTF?? It took them a few months to go through all the clearances (background check and a separate security clearance) for me, prepare and send me a full job offer, and now it shows "Cancelled"?...
How's that possible...

Reyo in Seabrook, Texas

27 months ago

NatG in Kanata, Ontario said: Reyo, thanks for the info!
The only thing that is bothering me is that since I rec'd a final offer and counteroffered, the job posting status has changed to CANCELLED on BESS...
WTF?? It took them a few months to go through all the clearances (background check and a separate security clearance) for me, prepare and send me a full job offer, and now it shows "Cancelled"?...
How's that possible...

Hmmm.... That usually does not happen. Try contacting whoever interviewed you, this could be due to the sequestration, there are cuts going on now, especially in defense & weapons. But you need to make sure. Good luck man.

NatG in Kanata, Ontario

27 months ago

For those who will be looking for the info about counter-offering:
I just got a call from Boeing, they didn't accept my counter-offer and I'll have to take or leave the initial one.
1. I aksed only 2.5% increase for what they offered, and they didn't go for it:-(
2. I asked for a relocation package (it says Relocation money available YES on the job posting in BESS), but they said no because I'm in Canada, and it's a different story here :-( Am pissed off about it, as 100km in Canada is no different than 100km in USA!!
3. I asked for a later start date due to my personal reasons, and this is the only thing they agreed on:-)
I still have the weekend to think it over, but, since their initial offered base salary is 35% higher than what I'm making right now and about 50% higher including bonuses, I should take it, I guess...
Good luck to everyone!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.