Tailoring the right resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

crg86 in Renton, Washington

27 months ago

Hey guys,

I've been reading through here and I've picked up some really good advice... hopefully. Yesterday I found the position I've been looking for that fits what I do to a "T" (not saying it's a special job, it's just the one I want). I read through the job description and made a specific resume for that particular position. Then this morning I find out that I'm already no longer under consideration. For jobs I've applied to in the past the resumes I used weren't very specific towards that job and I'm still hanging in there for those ones. Am I missing something? The way I'm formatting? I'm confused on how other peoples resumes have looked. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chuck in Lynnwood, Washington

27 months ago

probably the hardest part in applying at Boeing is for them pulling up your resume and get an interview. just make your resume is more personalized rather than just copy paste the job description and skills that's written on the job posting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Lynnwood, Washington

27 months ago

Hello Chuck,

Do you work for Boeing?

chuck in Lynnwood, Washington

27 months ago

not yet, i just completed the contingencies last Friday and now waiting for the start date

26 months ago

what will you be doing, if you don't mind me asking?

Tony in Lynnwood, Washington

26 months ago

Hi Chuck, thanks for your reply. I was wondering do you our anyone on this forum knows if Boeing hires entry level positions for assembly work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ap in Everett, Washington

26 months ago

Boeing will hire anyone for assembly work as long as your don't have a really bad record and tell the truth on your resume. I know people there who either never worked before or only worked in a grocery store or fast food place in high school.

The trick is having the right keywords in your resume and getting that interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Ap, how long was your resume? Was it formatted like any other one, but with the key words scattered in your past job descriptions? Or did you go into a lot of detail with you're capable of, past experiences, education, and personality?

chuck in Vancouver, British Columbia

26 months ago

ap in Everett, Washington said: Boeing will hire anyone for assembly work as long as your don't have a really bad record and tell the truth on your resume. I know people there who either never worked before or only worked in a grocery store or fast food place in high school.

The trick is having the right keywords in your resume and getting that interview.

that was before, now graduates from WATRC and people with experience will have the edge to get hired in a assembly job in Boeing

Juliannrutt in Marysville, Washington

25 months ago

I have tried everything on my resume and still it's not being pulled ?? Does anyone have any suggestions.? I have been on the website everyday putting in many different resumes to fit the job description and it's just not working?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

crg86 in Seattle, Washington

25 months ago

Juliannrutt in Marysville, Washington said: I have tried everything on my resume and still it's not being pulled ?? Does anyone have any suggestions.? I have been on the website everyday putting in many different resumes to fit the job description and it's just not working?

I felt the same way. I know it sucks feeling like you're not getting anywhere, but just keep applying. It took 43 applications with a little over a year and a half to finally get ONE interview. I wish I had some tips on how to perfect the resume writing, but I don't have any. From what I've heard is pretty much re-write the job description and competencies in your own words with your experiences. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

swk400 in Fountain Valley, California

22 months ago

I applied for the entry level finance position on October 19th. Than on the October 23rd my resume was pulled and I got an email from someone from Boeing saying that " I have passed the initial screen."

My question is does anyone know how long it take for them to reach out to me after that email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.