How long does it take for Boeing to get back to you after a phone interview ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Mike in Everett, Washington

29 months ago

I had a phone interview on Monday at 11:30 am for an engineering intern position, I don't know how it went and i haven't heard back from anyone yet. how long does it take for them to let you know if you are accepted or not ? should i take this as a rejection? would i get a rejection email ?
I know summer internships should start sometime in June...

Thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Anyone ... ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

29 months ago

Mike you just have to read through some of the posts.
Every req, is different. They all have different managers. Some are in a hurry, and some are not. Some keep things updated, and some don't. Boeing is a big place. There is no one answer to your question.

Good luck though!

29 months ago

It also depends on what the schedule (rate) is and how many people they have already, and how many more they need. Some people even get interviewed, and the managers like them, but don't offer them a job, but keep them on the back burner in case other folks who were offered a job can not pass their contingencies.

So like I said, there are lots of factors, and there is not a cookie cutter answer.

28 months ago

yodafafoda , Thanks for your reply... it seems like i should just wait and see even though i think i am too late in the game now to be hired. They need Interns for the summer/June which is only a month away.
Should i call the manager that called me for the interview to followup ?

28 months ago

I guess if they gave you contact info then it wouldn't hurt to try?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

well they didn't really leave any info. and i didn't ask so i don't annoy them when i was doing the interview. I was thinking about just calling the number back where i did the phone interview.

28 months ago

Hmmmm. Well, I would guess that number was just a random number - like from a conference room?
Not sure.
Maybe call it now, on a late Sunday night - when nobody is there to see what the voice mail message (if any) ? I wouldn't leave a message tonight... But if it's a good number try it tomorrow in the hopes that somebody will answer??

Just an idea....

28 months ago

I actually already did that and it took me to one of the interviewer's voice mail box, i knew it was her because it announced the name.
Should i call tomorrow or wait another week ? would it look like i am too nosy/impatient if i do ?

28 months ago

That's a tricky one.
Since she did not offer her number.... I'm not sure?
Or you could take the 'honest' route, and just say you got the number from your caller ID, and you just wanted to follow up...?

Hmmmm, what ya gonna do?

28 months ago

After reading some more on the forum here, I think i am gonna give it another week and see if they get back to me since it usually takes that long on average for a call back. I'll definitely make them aware that i got the number from my caller ID.

Moving back in DFW, Texas

28 months ago

It took me a week, but as stated above there are a ton of variables. There is no "after X days they won't make an offer" date to be worried about. I know some people that have gotten the offer six months after an interview. That was a long time ago though.

28 months ago

I was just assuming that 2 weeks would be best since it's a summer internship after all and they would need to start it in June.

28 months ago

Alright, so i got some good news !!!

I was contacted by a manager and another manager who i would actually be working under one a conference call, they talked to me about what they do etc.

later on in the day, i was also contacted about another job but this one would involve DOD, in Tukwila and i would need security clearance (which is not an issue).
the first internship would probably be the closest one to me (should be Everett) since i live in Everett too.

Now here is my question, is working for Boeing's DOD division and getting a security clearance that much better that it's worth the extra 60miles/day drive ?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

homedefender83 in Everett, Washington

28 months ago

Ya know, I think that is going to be all up to you to decide.

28 months ago

Well do you know if carrying security clearance has any "perks", like better pay, less likely for layoffs or better chances for getting hired after finishing my degree ?

BCAengineer in California

28 months ago

Your security clearance gives you the access required to work on specific programs within the company. Whether you work in BCA without clearance or in BDS with clearance, your pay will be directly tied to your job classification and performance review.

However, having clearance does make you more attractive to other companies that also require it. I have read some articles that say cleared personnel do make, on average, more money than non-cleared personnel within the same job classification (don't quote me).

28 months ago

Thanks for your reply BCAengineer, I am gonna wait and see what the details of both offers that i get are. at this point i was contacted by both HR managers for both positions and they both told me i'll be getting an internship offer.
I doubt there would be a pay difference since this would be just an intern position, but i'll look at other details in the offers and i'll make my decision.
I am really looking forward to working for Boeing as an intern and learning about how things work out in the real world.

jordanh in Seattle, Washington

25 months ago

how security clearance gives you more money than others? inside scoop any tips and suggestion??

25 months ago

The job i was offered with the security clearance would have actually paid me less than the other job so i decided to go with the non-security clearance job, the normal BCA one. so i don't have any inside scoop....

25 months ago

after my interview the manger told me that they have more candidate is that a no? is any one have answer??

25 months ago

when was your interview.... when i had mine, they told me the same exact thing and i got a response back from them 3-4 weeks later.

25 months ago

the postion I was interwed says no longer cosederation after 2 weeks is that end of the chapter??

SeattleDude in Woodinville, Washington

25 months ago

jordanh in Seattle, Washington said: the postion I was interwed says no longer cosederation after 2 weeks is that end of the chapter??

most likely yes. keep applying for different positions. if you got called for interview once they will call you again for sure. you caught their eye.

25 months ago

Thank you very much for the appreciative comment.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.