long enough since verbal offer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

MAXO in XMN

23 months ago

hey guys, I finished my interview at the end of jun, and global staffing called me at the mid july for giving me an offer in Boeing, she collected my basic info and other things like current salary/benefit and also the possible orientation day. she ended up telling me to wait for the formal offer in BESS acct and check email accordingly. end of story.
until now, its been 16 days from the time they gave me the verbal offer, today I found the job requisition is shown FILLED, but my status shows no longer considered as well.
I totally confused, how come the job is filled while they gave me the verbal offer without telling me anything that is going to be failed???
I walked thru the forum and posts, my case looks like a significant one, so can you guys give me any directions?? ok, I assume I was the backup tire for the job, and the most competitive candidates said YES to them, and there is NO response to me at all, like telling me to walk away from them.
how should I treat that verbal offer as a kind of PROMISED?? I had been playing the hiring game since Apr !!! I got so tired.
thank you all in advance. someone save me, I felt so lost now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SeattleDude in Redmond, Washington

23 months ago

It sounds like they didnt follow up on the offer and job went to someone else. When I had my Interview at Boeing, I was offered a job on the spot and by the time I got home I got Email offer to Accept or Deny. Dont get discouraged! They are Hiring like crazy now. Just keep applying. Good luck to you!

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

23 months ago

MAXO in XMN said: hey guys, I finished my interview at the end of jun, and global staffing called me at the mid july for giving me an offer in Boeing, she collected my basic info and other things like current salary/benefit and also the possible orientation day. she ended up telling me to wait for the formal offer in BESS acct and check email accordingly. end of story.
until now, its been 16 days from the time they gave me the verbal offer, today I found the job requisition is shown FILLED, but my status shows no longer considered as well.
I totally confused, how come the job is filled while they gave me the verbal offer without telling me anything that is going to be failed???
I walked thru the forum and posts, my case looks like a significant one, so can you guys give me any directions?? ok, I assume I was the backup tire for the job, and the most competitive candidates said YES to them, and there is NO response to me at all, like telling me to walk away from them.
how should I treat that verbal offer as a kind of PROMISED?? I had been playing the hiring game since Apr !!! I got so tired.
thank you all in advance. someone save me, I felt so lost now.

Call global staffing back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MAXO in XMN

23 months ago

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington said: Call global staffing back.

I did so, but I found they are using IP phone numbers, and they are not reachable thru the company hotlines, BTW the job is located in Beijing, so i have to call the Beijing office.
maybe things are totally different in another country, but the basic BESS system should be running in the same way as in the US, i believe so.
right now they are not reachable nor giving me any further info. i contacted one of my interviewers, she kicked ball back to staffing people and told me to wait for them. back to wait forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MAXO in XMN

23 months ago

ok, the final deal comes, the BESS system generated mail says my process ends and tells me to keep applying. Right now I feel its all over, and my assumption hits the point, they actually did selected me for backup and never cash their so-call offer, yes, my staffing rep is surely hiding behind and not even answered my mails.
guys, can I treat this as an end to my process? or I should still hold a little faith on it because of the long process?
Boeing was a company with high reputation to me, but after this I should doubt a little on such big company.
Guys, good luck to you all.

ccangemi in Clover, South Carolina

23 months ago

Sounds to me like their HR department doesn't have a clue what they are doing. Hopefully if you get hired Boeing will treat you better than they did pre-employment.

MAXO in XMN

23 months ago

thx for posting, amazingly, i just checked my inbox, here i got a reply from staffing, the rep says I lost this chance just because they failed to apply additional headcount from the HQ, so is sounds like i`m ruled out due to the headcount issue.
this explains something in the whole process, and the corrected version story seem going this way: they did select me for the job, and meanwhile there is another candidate good for them, then they apply headcounts for 2 employees, but unfortunely cut down by HQ, and finally I am not able to get the offer they promised me.
sounds a little reasonable, but hard to say this is how they comfort people who fialed. so this is the finale.
But anyways, that is my story, sharing with you guys, and hope I can get in someday in the future.

yodafafoda in Marysville, Washington

23 months ago

MAXO in XMN said: thx for posting, amazingly, i just checked my inbox, here i got a reply from staffing, the rep says I lost this chance just because they failed to apply additional headcount from the HQ, so is sounds like i`m ruled out due to the headcount issue.
this explains something in the whole process, and the corrected version story seem going this way: they did select me for the job, and meanwhile there is another candidate good for them, then they apply headcounts for 2 employees, but unfortunely cut down by HQ, and finally I am not able to get the offer they promised me.
sounds a little reasonable, but hard to say this is how they comfort people who fialed. so this is the finale.
But anyways, that is my story, sharing with you guys, and hope I can get in someday in the future.

Ya, don't give up!! They liked your resume once, they will like it again! Just keep applying, and soon you will get an offer in writing!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.