BAH vs SAIC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

scrit in Omaha, Nebraska

95 months ago

I'm fresh out of the military - was a linguist

I've been offered a job at SAIC in Bethesda MD for a position as a Geospatial Analyst. The salary is in the high 70s.

I've also been offered a job with another large consulting firm - Booz Allen Hamilton. This job is in Mississippi and involves curriculum preparation for new troops flying on a new platform. The salary is in the high 60s.

I'm really torn. Just from the interview process, BAH seems like a much better company. I interviewed with 5 different people who told me all about different aspects of the company and what my role would be, etc. etc. With SAIC, I interviewed over the phone with one person and was offered the job the next day. That makes me think it may just be a throw away job that they need to fill a position to get $$ from the government. Pay is less with BAH, but then the area is astronomically less expensive...but then it's also a Mississippi vs DC.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or any what-you-would-do-in-my positions - maybe other factors I might not be seeing. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Centreville, Virginia

13 months ago

Hi! Which offer did you end up taking and do you think you made the right decision?

scrit in Omaha, Nebraska said: I'm fresh out of the military - was a linguist

I've been offered a job at SAIC in Bethesda MD for a position as a Geospatial Analyst . The salary is in the high 70s.

I've also been offered a job with another large consulting firm - Booz Allen Hamilton. This job is in Mississippi and involves curriculum preparation for new troops flying on a new platform. The salary is in the high 60s.

I'm really torn. Just from the interview process, BAH seems like a much better company. I interviewed with 5 different people who told me all about different aspects of the company and what my role would be, etc. etc. With SAIC, I interviewed over the phone with one person and was offered the job the next day. That makes me think it may just be a throw away job that they need to fill a position to get $$ from the government . Pay is less with BAH, but then the area is astronomically less expensive...but then it's also a Mississippi vs DC.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or any what-you-would-do-in-my positions - maybe other factors I might not be seeing. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.