Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Booz Allen Hamilton?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Shaahn in Quantico, Virginia

83 months ago

I was just hired as a Senior Consultant Level II for the Strategic Communications Team.
First I had a phoner. It was pleasant, and not stressful at all. After that, I had to complete a timed writing assessment a day after the phone interview. It was sent in an email and I had an hour to send in a reply.
The next week, I came in for the in-person interview. I was interviewed in the same room as 10 other candidates. There were about 6 interviewers. Three of which interviewed me. It was kind of like speed dating. The interviews lasted about 15-20 minutes a piece.
After that, there was a small meet and greet. It was all pretty neat. It was the best interveiwing experience I've ever had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaahn in Quantico, Virginia

83 months ago

It would be helpful to know about the company, and to demonstrate leadership skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hammer06 in Rockville, Maryland

78 months ago

I have an interview with BAH tomorrow for a support coordinator position. It's my first time interview with a consulting firm coming from the pharmaceutical industry. Any suggestion on how to prepare or ace the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KennaFish in Haymarket, Virginia

78 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Booz Allen Hamilton?

Any advice on striking the right note?

The interview process is very interesting. Similar to what was mentioned below, I was interviewed late in the evening by approx six folks. It was really a great interview process. In most cases, the folks interviewing are from different teams and the interview process assists them in placing you in the right team...providing one is a match. Regarding "striking the right note", all I would recommend is that you indicate to them that you are professional, want to be there as a member of the team, and that you act as you are, not who you want them to think you are.

Booz Allen has been a fantastic employer. I can not recommend it enough.

Best of luck to you! It is a great team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Antelman in Clarksville, Maryland

75 months ago

Shaahn in Quantico, Virginia said:
After that, there was a small meet and greet. It was all pretty neat. It was the best interveiwing experience I've ever had.

What exactly is the meet and greet? This company found me on monster.com about 2 months ago and had me come interview. I went down to the VA office and met with 4 individuals for about 20 minutes each. The fifth wasn't available. I got great interview reviews but it came down to me not have a security clearance, so I didn't get the position.

The recruiter and I check in with each other every so often via email. Just earlier today she asked me if I was in the market and asked if I could come to a meet and greet on Wednesday. What does this entitle? What are the implications?

Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

engineer one in Ashburn, Virginia

71 months ago

Question to Jennifer Antelman -
Did BAH try to get the security clearance before your date of joining?
My case is I am expecting an offer from them - but I dont want to leave my present job until I am sure my clearance will go through ...

- Confused in VA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenssey in Clarksville, Maryland

71 months ago

Dear Confused,

I think it honestly depends on the offer. They'll probably tell you it's conditional on the clearances so if I were you i'd wait until all conditional appointment criteria are met before givving your current job notice. However, just in case, consult with BAH hiring manager to make sure.

Hope I helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kali in Alexandria, Virginia

58 months ago

I just wanted to gain a little more insight on the writing assessment. How can you possibly prepare for such an assessment? The time constraint seems very intimidating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bahpotental in Washington DC, District of Columbia

56 months ago

Hi everyone, great discussion board so far. A few questions to anyone who can provide insight:

I'm interviewing with BAH's intelligence division with a few different teams next week. I'm 22, active TS/SCI, beginning graduate studies in intelligence analysis. What would you recommend with your past experiences with BAH that I should focus on when discussing my interests in the company? Does anyone know a fair figure for a starting salary with a TS/SCI security clearance for an entry level postion?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ShwetaBAH in San Jose, California

38 months ago

Hello,
I see that the interviewees are supposed to complete a timed writing assignment post the first round of phone interviews. Can you offer some advice on the type of writing sample provided by BAH and what is expected ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stuffforme in Reston, Virginia

32 months ago

ShwetaBAH in San Jose, California said: Hello,
I see that the interviewees are supposed to complete a timed writing assignment post the first round of phone interviews. Can you offer some advice on the type of writing sample provided by BAH and what is expected ?

I have the writing assignment tomorrow with BAH. Did you take it, and if you did, can you tell me the writing sample(s) provided and any other details?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.