What to Expect from Booz Allen Hamilton? And whats the position heirarchy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

cbm5042 in Baltimore, Maryland

64 months ago

Hello everyone,

I was hoping for some quick advice as to what to expect from BAH.

I'm interviewing soon in the Organization and Strategy side of the house, I have two bachelors and two associates degrees as well as a TS clearence and 5 yrs military experience...

With all this talk of levels and positions (consultant, associate, etc.) I was hoping for some insight as to what I could expect given my qualifications during the negotiation process.

What level?
What position? (also what is the heirarchy from entry level to upper management??)
Salary range?

Thanks so much everybody!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

andjusticeforall in elkridge, Maryland

63 months ago

Depending on what it's in you are probably in the lvl 3 or maybe 2 range I'd guess but its hard to say really. Some people move up really fast and some stagnate. I don't know what to say on salary because it can vary SO much at booz.

The levels go like this:
1 (consultant) entry-level position
2 (sr. consultant)
3 (associate) this is where most people spend the most time
4 (sr. associate) this is where you're really more into management, elgible for a bonus at this point
5 (principal) senior mgmt
After that you can make partner, which most people never will. (has a hierarchy of its own)

good luck though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cbm5042 in Baltimore, Maryland

63 months ago

hey thanks I got the job by the way and was brought on as a consultant (pretty good for 22) with a very generous initial compensation offer. Really they've told me I'm between 1 and 2 and could be promoted in 6 months to senior if I show "expertise in my field" which I am confident I can do in regards to design and communications. So here is to hoping! Work starts on monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.