Leaving Booz Allen soon, but will come back after 1 year...what happens to 401(k)?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

rd290 in Arlington, Virginia

41 months ago

I've been with Booz Allen for 5 years now. I'm burnt out on the defense contracting industry and seeking employment in a completely different industry. I tried finding new positiongs within the firm, but the Career Mobility team is a joke! I've send my resume to hiring managers all over the DC metro area and told them that I want to try new things even if it means applying to Level 1 positions (I am at Level 2 right now).

In terms of our 401K account, I am currently 80% vested. Of course I would prefer being 100% vested before jumping ship, but I can no longer stand the work/projects that I do and have been doing for several years.

My question is if/when I come back to Booz Allen in a year or 2, then do I end up staring all over with the 401K (i.e. having to put in another 6 years to become 100% vested) or can I resume at my 80%? I would ask HR this question, but I don't want 'red flags' to go up if I ask HR and HR informs management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.