BrainLAB Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BrainLAB?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Robyn in Winfield, Illinois

90 months ago

BrainLAB is a company that is obviously very young and perceives themselves to be very progressive. They also are very short on manners.

Over the course of three days, I interviewed with seven different people both in Westchester and in Germany via the video conference (of which they were quite proud). My top-notch references were called and interviewed at length. They reported back that the HR Manager seemed very positive and pleased. Having been a school teacher, my background has been checked numerous times so I know there were incidents there, I have a perfect work record. As I left the office, the Director of Ops dashed out of his office to greet me and shake my hand. I had interviewed with him earlier, and he obviously remembered me.

I then received, via email, a standard, three line reject letter. No phone call, no reason for the rejection. I was stunned. When I requested feedback I got no response. I could see that type of interaction after a single interview, but after three trips and interviews with seven different people?

Frankly, I was worked over and my references were inconvenienced for no benefit to anyone but them. BrainLAB is also the only company I ever interviewed with that did not give out their benefit package information. Perhaps that was a large red flag that I didn’t see.

All this is true, and I’m putting down my name. If BrainLAB wants to dispute it, they can contact me and perhaps I’ll get my feedback. And by the way, BrainLAB, my old company had their video conferencing over 10 years ago. It’s really not all that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kwill in Temple, Texas

86 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at BrainLAB?

Any advice on striking the right note?

I interviewed at Brain Lab a couple of months ago, around December. The company is in the medical industry and they create very high tech instruments for patient diagnosing, very sophisticated. I interviewed with 3 people on my first interview. The hiring person, a person in the departiment in the position I was interested in and the V.P. I believe. His final question to me was a riddle. He wanted to know why I felt that I was qualified. Once I answered his question he kept asking, why this. Okay now why this. OKay now why. I didn't know if he was taking me or the interview process seriously. I maintained my composure but I certainly didn't think that was appropriate behavior. Also, he kept cutting me off in mid sentence. I was neither lenghthy or off the subject. Then he abruptly dismissed me. I think hiring managers need to understand that many of us take off work, to interview and that are time is valuable and we too want to be treated with respect. Other than this, the company at the location doesn't have very minorities. In fact I was the only one. But the office setup is nice, everyone has offices-helps with concentration. Hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.