What's the company culture at Brightway Insurance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Brightway Insurance?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Brightway Insurance?

Reply - Report abuse

James198646 in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

its scary, its a throw u under the bus environment , lots of discrimination and they will ruin you career, just speak to former employee, the management is unorganised and most arent even licensed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

2877 in Gainesville, Florida

9 months ago

This is a very clicky environment. If you don't know someone, you will have a hard time here. I was in charge of hiring and firing paperwork. I know the turn around is over 50% and employees will quit or get fired in 2 months. The first few months I was there was fine, then I started to get good at what I did and this posed a threat. All three of my bosses had no degree and were only there because they helped open the place. None had leadership skills and guess what....they all grew up in the same town and went to the same high school. Go figure. When I was getting e-mails everyday about trivial things, i.e. going to the bathroom too much (2X a day), standing up to stretch, talking too loud, talking in an IM which was the companies, or working at a 3% error rate....that's right.... I worked at a 97% efficiency rate and it still wasn't good enough. On a side note, my boss who was asking this of me, did all these things right after I was told not to, and her frequent 15 minute smoke breaks just added to the hypocrisy.
I knew I was being set up, so I started to save some e-mails and record the IMs being sent back and forth so I can sue Brightway for discrimination, and when the day came, I was locked out of my computer, my desk was cleared for me and I was walked out the door. It happened that fast. The reason, I was being written up for making mistakes 3% of the time and I told my boss this was BS and it wasn't right. She told her boss/friend that I threatened her and threw things and her my other boss ( who is friends with the other two) that I sexually harassed her. The company started to hire people with bachelors degrees (which I had) or people with experience. I was starting to get my Masters and thanked the owner and my bosses for helping me in the opportunity. A month later....canned. I had the e-mails and IMs to prove my case of discrimination, but I was locked out. If they didn't do that, I would have owned that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Oh, there is a dress code and most follow it. The owners are dressed in suits, if you're in the click, you get invited to hang out after work and the owner is a really caring person but chooses to turn a blind eye to the floor. I guess I would too if I was making over 100k a month, but for the most part, it's a good experience to work at a job where high school never ends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

James198646 in Jacksonville, Florida said: its scary, its a throw u under the bus environment , lots of discrimination and they will ruin you career, just speak to former employee, the management is unorganised and most arent even licensed.

Been there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.