Brookdale Senior Living, Please Tell Me Im Not the ONLY ONE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

speakup4ever in Minnesota

50 months ago

Please tell me I am not the only employee who feels like this Corporation needs a swift kick in the ---.
I feel as though so much is wrong with this company/corp. ESPECIALLY with the upper management. As much as I have complained, talked, and listened... nothing and I mean NOTHING has been changed or done ( HR has been in our building 2-3 times in the past 6 months..). Employees are overworked, yes underpaid for the amount of work is pushed on them ( I have seen so many NEW employees quit after their training) I love doing what I do, I care a great deal for the residents, but this corporation makes me sick on how little they care about their employees that make this company really WORK. If I could I would go on and on but I dont want to expose myself since I currently work for them.
Trust me it wont be for very much longer. Its hard to leave a place when you grow with your co-workers and of course the residents.
But I GREATLY APPRICIATE YOU NURSES RNS LPNS RA's MED PASSERS! Brookdale SERIOUSLY? LISTEN TO US!!!! MOST OF US JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE TO WORK!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

debpip@*****.*** in Florida

20 months ago

No matter where you are in the U S the
posts on Brookdale are all the same . I stayed for the Residents. If Brookdale actually takes these comments seriously, then do something about your communities. How can you say that you are about compassion, respect, etc when as soon as these people run out of money you are done with them, and on to the next victim. You never listen to these people when they tell you " you need more help" you run these girls ragged . I was not fired . I am not some disgruntled employee. Brookdale's bottom line has nothing to do with their residents , it is all about turning more profit.

Reply - Report abuse

debpip@*****.*** in Florida

20 months ago

SpeakUp4ever in Minnesota said: Please tell me I am not the only employee who feels like this Corporation needs a swift kick in the ---.
I feel as though so much is wrong with this company/corp. ESPECIALLY with the upper management. As much as I have complained, talked, and listened... nothing and I mean NOTHING has been changed or done ( HR has been in our building 2-3 times in the past 6 months..). Employees are overworked, yes underpaid for the amount of work is pushed on them ( I have seen so many NEW employees quit after their training) I love doing what I do, I care a great deal for the residents, but this corporation makes me sick on how little they care about their employees that make this company really WORK. If I could I would go on and on but I dont want to expose myself since I currently work for them.
Trust me it wont be for very much longer. Its hard to leave a place when you grow with your co-workers and of course the residents.
But I GREATLY APPRICIATE YOU NURSES RNS LPNS RA's MED PASSERS! Brookdale SERIOUSLY? LISTEN TO US!!!! MOST OF US JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE TO WORK!

I waited for it to get better. It never did . I gave them almost 6 years. The day I wrote my letter of resignation was hard, but I could no longer work for Brookdale.

Reply - Report abuse

floplop in Lake Worth, Florida

19 months ago

These places will not get better, they are not designed to get better. they are designed to make money. they are a management company. they don't own the facilities. the facilities are owned by wealthy doctors, lawyers, accountants and speculators who buy it for the real estate value. they could care less about the management side. your spitting in the wind if you think for one second brookdale or most other FOR PROFIT assisted living facilities give a crap..they don't and wont until the government steps in and regulates and oversees it. The senior living lobby is too strong so that wont happen.

Reply - Report abuse

Jason brown in Palm Harbor, Florida

18 months ago

This the worst company to work for they could give a damn about the employees or residents i wirked for horizonbay Clearwater for 10 years threw 3 company's and the building was always full until crookdale took over they want the kitchen staff to work with no cook it was just the director of dining services cooking all 3 meals in 2 months we went thru 2 executive director dinning service director marketing manager health and wellness director 2 memory card program coordinators and and memory care director and then the regional people come in and ride you

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.