working for brookdale

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

michelle in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

really have beautiful communities but the mgmt. needs help.need better mgmt with degreed nurses as in having R.N. as a DON,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Tampa, Florida

95 months ago

Bigger is not always better! Brookdale may be big but they are FAR from good -- more problems than I have even seen -- clueless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Davie in Madison, Wisconsin

95 months ago

I have always given our senior citizens the benefit of the doubt, but my experience as an employee had revealed that old people are thieving scoundrels, taking anything that isn't nailed down. I often had to deliver my own version of justice (when other staff members were not looking) in order to rectify the problems of theft in the facility. This place would probably be bearable if it wasn't for the residents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

EJ in Kansas City, Missouri

95 months ago

Davie in Madison, Wisconsin said: I have always given our senior citizens the benefit of the doubt, but my experience as an employee had revealed that old people are thieving scoundrels, taking anything that isn't nailed down. I often had to deliver my own version of justice (when other staff members were not looking) in order to rectify the problems of theft in the facility. This place would probably be bearable if it wasn't for the residents.

Davie, Perhaps you could do well as a prison guard. Oh, wait a minute, perhaps you belong in prison.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Hi EG- Thank you for your reply. To be frank, "I've been there, done that". That's the beauty of care giver positions, they conduct minimal back ground checks which allows me free reign on those folks. This one time, some absent-minded resident took my cigarettes and hid them in his stash of other trinkets he stole from others and I went completely mad and...well, lets just say that I prompty took control of the situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Gitane in Fort Worth, Texas

95 months ago

Davie in Madison
This one time, some absent-minded resident took my cigarettes and hid them in his stash of other trinkets he stole from others and I went completely mad and...well, lets just say that I prompty took control of the situation.

I think you said it yourself. Some "absent-minded" took your cigarette...
1. The reson you have a job is becsuse they are absent-minded.
2. You are the poster child for why people in medical management ( like myself ) almost always believe the absent-minded one.
3. The great thing about this work is seeking out people like you and watching as the police take them away from the work site. Traps are set.... you may already be on the radar.
4. Cigarettes are going to put you in a home where you are going to have to depend on people just so you can breathe. I hope you get a caregiver just like yourself :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anny in Jacksonville, Florida

95 months ago

Jay in Tampa, Florida said: Bigger is not always better! Brookdale may be big but they are FAR from good -- more problems than I have even seen -- clueless!

You hit it right on the head. SOOO.....Clueless. I wonder if it is the florida group or is this all of the facilties?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

95 months ago

Gitane in Fort Worth, Texas said: Davie in Madison
This one time, some absent-minded resident took my cigarettes and hid them in his stash of other trinkets he stole from others and I went completely mad and...well, lets just say that I prompty took control of the situation.

2. You are the poster child for why people in medical management ( like myself ) almost always believe the absent-minded one.
3. The great thing about this work is seeking out people like you and watching as the police take them away from the work site. Traps are set.... you may already be on the radar.
4. Cigarettes are going to put you in a home where you are going to have to depend on people just so you can breathe. I hope you get a caregiver just like yourself :)

As an observation, you have poor spelling skills and your sentence structure has much to be desired. And you wonder why you're sitting in a thankless, dead end position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Leeann in Dallas, Texas

94 months ago

Gitane in Fort Worth, Texas said: Davie in Madison

PREACH IT!!! I can't believe that this thing takes so much pride in taking advantage of someone with dementia (I assume by "absent-minded") Karma baby Karma!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris jaces in Sarasota, Florida

89 months ago

Not a good place. I have been in senior care for 18 years and can not believe how bad this place is. They market QUALITY of care yet border on abuse and neglect. And they treat their employees like low lifes. Further more, they almost never fire, instead they make you life hell, until they run you out. then good luck collecting unemployment, ah no, they are right there to fight it. do yourself a favor and look else where.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

melstep in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

85 months ago

Reply to Davie in Madison, Wisconsin

Davie,
OMG-Shame on you!!!!! You have no business working with the elderly or any huam being or living creature period. Brookdale is one of the best companies I have worked for and knowing their high standards I am very surprised you slid under any caring director's radar. Do our elderly a favor and leave the community, industry and any place on earth where you have any contact with anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melstep in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

85 months ago

Reply to Davie in Madison, Wisconsin

Davie,
OMG-Shame on you!!!!! You have no business working with the elderly or any huam being or living creature period. Brookdale is one of the best companies I have worked for and knowing their high standards I am very surprised you slid under any caring director's radar. Do our elderly a favor and leave the community, industry and any place on earth where you have any contact with anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Doogie in Glendale, Arizona

82 months ago

Where I work falls from residents can't be avoided. Not all caregivers can keep their eyes on them. Usually the residents have bruises on their bodies. It looks pretty bad. Sometimes I wonder if some of the caregivers treated them roughly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old ED in Asheville, North Carolina

54 months ago

Just don't work for this company. It's a simple as that. They are poison

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

kat in Seminole, Florida

52 months ago

Jay in Tampa, Florida said: Bigger is not always better! Brookdale may be big but they are FAR from good -- more problems than I have even seen -- clueless!
In Seminole at freedom sq ,something strange is going on in home health.We have been cut down in hours ,Me only around 80 hours for the month.In december I was working 6 days a week.In Jan 4 to 5 days a week.In Feb only 7 days for the whole month.I am not the only one.I wish employers and employees could work as a team for the good of the business.Instead we are left hanging with mistrust and no job security.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janice Katwal in Flint, Michigan

44 months ago

I have worked for this company for almost 3 months and so agree with the person who said its poison !!!! Management is no GOOD they treat everyone badly but as I have heard alot say when corporate gets involved things seem to change maybe unannounced visit is in order u think???

Old ED in Asheville, North Carolina

44 months ago

Janice,

I wouldn't expect anything positive from a visit from the Corporation. The management you are having difficulty with is following the evil intent of the Corporation. The best thing you can do, and there is no shame in this, is to write the last three months off and look for work in the industry, but on the Not-For-Profit side. Church owned organizations are probably your best bet. Get as far away from anything profit making connected to healthcare as you can. If Michigan has Unions in place, make sure you are an active member. Once you are re-established, remember the people you have left behind and start to rescue them. The two best things you can do to hurt profit making entities in health care is to promote unionism and draw the really good people you know away from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janice Katwal in Flint, Michigan

44 months ago

You are so right I have had so many problems with this place since I have started I just don't feel its right how they can try to take someone job from them when they neglect their residents and charge them for stuff they will never get but thank you so much for your reply best words I think I have heard from anyone :) have a great day and I will always remember the people that was brought into my life it sucks how they are treated and I have already been trying to get them out of there its not a good for anyone thanks again for your words

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.