working for brookdale

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

janie in Jacksonville, Florida

88 months ago

anny in Jacksonville, Florida said: BE CAREFUL OF THE ATRIUM AS A DON....

I have a friend who worked for them. She was giving them her resignation at close of work and they termed her. They are a very DANGEROUS group of people at that facility. Physically, mentally, culturally and socially. Management from the corporate arena is incapable of making any decisions and expect the staff to work without the resources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

angel in Jacksonville, Florida

87 months ago

the atrium is a joke. the people that live there are treated bad they are yelled at and belittled by the staff. the don makes excuses for this or covers it up. if you have a heart look elsewhere for a job. beward of the management team they smile to your face with a hatchet behind their back. the only good thing about the facility is the apperance, it is a beautiful place and the residents are great. oh yeah since brookdale owns most facilities now if you quit they will mark you are not eligible for rehire so you have a hard time finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey B in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

You are so right about how Brookdale treats their employees -- the company is a joke...management is a joke...and it is such a shame that they have pissed away so many chances to staff their communities with qualified, caring professionals.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lee65 in Florida

83 months ago

Run from this company as fast as you can while you still have a license. No support or resources from management or the company but when things go wrong it is the culture for it to be the fault of the poor nurse who carries the only license in the building. Everything you read about the stock or their new building take overs, culture, is so true. I wish I would have known before now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

canta in East Rochester, New York

82 months ago

hello with plan to move to florida...st augustine wich brookdale is more close?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maxx in Port Charlotte, Florida

79 months ago

Anyone have experience with RDO for southwest Florida? Ex-ED blamed her for everything nasty. People would tremble at mention of her name. My "partner" abandoned me during dire period of abusive behaviors for fear of her own job security. What is with this???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.