Burlington Coat Factory News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think - will Burlington Coat Factory grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Burlington Coat Factory stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Jessticrox in Newark, Delaware

70 months ago

I don't think Burlington Coat Factory will grow fast if they keep treating their customers the way I was treated. Today when i was there i accidentally left my jacket and cell phone in the fitting room, when i came back not 10 minutes later it was gone. I asked the fitting room attendants they said they had not seen or found anything. Since they were no help i started searching the store. I checked with the front desk nothing. AT THAT POINT I KNEW MY STUFF WAS STOLEN! I used my mothers phone to call and see if i could hear my phone ring or if someone would find it laying around, it rang the first 3 or so calls then it started automatically going to my voicemail. WHOEVER STOLE MY CELL PHONE HAD TURNED IT OFF! The fitting room attendants had a section of the fitting room blocked off so my mother decided to look back there. The fitting room attendants protested "you can't go back there" "No one can go back there" but she did anyway. Thats where my stuff had gone i didn't how my stuff had gotten there if "NO ONE COULD GO BACK THERE" (sarcastically) Its not like my jacket and cellphone could grow legs and walk away. My mother and i were furious we talked to the manager but he was no help. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT ANOTHER BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY AGAIN! I would rather wear a paper bag for clothes than shop at a Burlington Coat Factory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ana zivick in Lynchburg, Virginia

66 months ago

Hi. I am a Sales Associate and I work at Burlington Coat Factory in Lynchburg, Virginia.
And before writing anything else let me tell you that I am truly sorry at what happened to you and I think that you are absolutely right about being angry at the way your case was handled. The lack of customer service that you experienced is outrageous and revolting! And I feel the duty to apologize to you on the companies behalf. But I also know how I treat my customers, so allow me to tell you another story, that started just like yours:
A couple of month ago a customer in our store lost her cellphone and came to me asking if I have seen it. Immediately I mobilized cashiers and associates to look for her cellphone. I asked her for the number and grabbed my own cellphone from my locker and started calling hers. As her phone began to ring we were able to find it quickly and easily. Needless to say that this customer went home with a totally different impression about our service.
I would like to kindly invite you to accept our apology and consider your negative experience as an isolated incident, rather than a pattern. Again, I speak for myself and for many other fine people in our company who work very hard every day to meet and exceed each customers expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

zapenator in hell, Texas

61 months ago

BCF IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE WORST PLACE IN THE ENTIRE RETAIL WORLD TO WORK. THE MANAGERS ARE WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE OF EVEN BASIC SKILLS.
THEY TREAT THE EMPLOYEES LIKE GARBAGE AT EVERY LEVEL AND THE CUSTOMERS WORSE. GO TO A COUPLE OF STORES BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO A JOB.
THEY RUN IT ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET, NO HELP YOU HAVE NOOOOOO HELP.
YOU COULD BE THE ONLY ONE IN ONE FOURTH OF THE STORE. THEY CATER TO THE GHETTO ( NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT) SO YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW THE STORE LOOKS AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS, THE BATHROOMS ARE ALWAYS FILTHY, THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE NOT USED TO USING INDOOR TOILETS. GOOD LUCK FINDING PAPER TOWELS OR TOILET PAPER. THE STORES ALL SMELL LIKE A RESALE SHOP OR GOODWILL.
IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN YOU WILL DO YOUR HOMEWORK. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO START A CAREER. THE UNFORTUNATE SOULS THAT WORK THERE CAN NOT FIND JOBS ELSEWHERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.