CanJet Airlines-Toronto

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 896)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ACouper

29 months ago

Looks like they're doing a few days of interviews... mine's the 29th. Do many of you have FA experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

exoticedge in Port Hope, Ontario

29 months ago

ACouper said: Looks like they're doing a few days of interviews... mine's the 29th. Do many of you have FA experience?

First off... Congratulations! :D Are you bilingual?

But no, I don't. I've been trying for years to get a job with an airline. I have been finding that most of them looking these days would prefer experience which doesn't help anyone who is just starting out. :( I ended up taking a break from applying to positions and furthered my education in hopes that maybe that'll do the trick!

ACouper

29 months ago

exoticedge in Port Hope, Ontario said: First off... Congratulations! :D Are you bilingual?

Nope, not bilingual. Just English! I'm working on learning French though, and can speak basic French.

What did you further your education in? I've taken a break from applying to the field I went to school for... flight attendant sounds much more fun!

flyflyfly in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Good luck!!!! to those going for interviews :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exoticedge in Port Hope, Ontario

29 months ago

ACouper said: Nope, not bilingual. Just English! I'm working on learning French though, and can speak basic French.

What did you further your education in? I've taken a break from applying to the field I went to school for... flight attendant sounds much more fun!

Yay! So I'm pleased I'm not the only non-bilingual one. But basic French I know. Going to be working on it ALL DAY until my interview to get as far as I can through my lessons.

I took a Travel and Tourism program through Humber College, specifically for Airline stuff. So I learned about airline/airport policies and procedures, terminology, airport city codes, learned how to use Sabre GDS, international fares and currencies.. a whole bunch of stuff to do with fares. It was actually a really fun and interesting program.

and thanks flyflyfly!

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia

29 months ago

I had my interview back in July as well. Flew in from Vancouver. Moving to Toronto next week, so I hope I get a call soon! But good luck to everyone!

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario

29 months ago

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia said: I had my interview back in July as well. Flew in from Vancouver. Moving to Toronto next week, so I hope I get a call soon! But good luck to everyone!

Woah! Really?! I couldn't move unless I was 100% sure I had the position. I will have to in this case if all goes well, but until I'm officially hired I'm staying at home and when I need to be out that way I can stay with Family. Good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly! Crossing my fingers that your phone rings soon! Enjoy Toronto. :-)

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Hi exoticedge! :) I'll see you on tuesday. I'm so nervous. lol Best of luck to everyone. xoxo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: Woah! Really?! I couldn't move unless I was 100% sure I had the position. I will have to in this case if all goes well, but until I'm officially hired I'm staying at home and when I need to be out that way I can stay with Family. Good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly! Crossing my fingers that your phone rings soon! Enjoy Toronto. :-)

Yeah I know.. Ha! Im actually moving out there to expand on my music career... Always wanted to be an FA though. :)

29 months ago

btw, I'm unilingual as well. :) I'm wondering if everyone here has a canadian passport? Because I don't have one.

29 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: btw, I'm unilingual as well. :) I'm wondering if everyone here has a canadian passport? Because I don't have one.

It'll be okay. :-) Is this your first interview for an airline? I have a Canadian Passport, yes. That you'll definitely need!

29 months ago

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Yeah I know.. Ha! Im actually moving out there to expand on my music career... Always wanted to be an FA though. :)

Oh, awesome! Well good luck on both of your endeavors.

29 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: It'll be okay. :-) Is this your first interview for an airline? I have a Canadian Passport, yes. That you'll definitely need!

It's my second time.lol I applied at sky regional before but I had the same issue with not having a canadian passport. I'm just new here in Canada, I landed September last year as a PR resident. :)

Can't wait to meet you on tuesday. :) Good luck! =')

29 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: It's my second time.lol I applied at sky regional before but I had the same issue with not having a canadian passport. I'm just new here in Canada, I landed September last year as a PR resident. :)

Can't wait to meet you on tuesday. :) Good luck! =')

Me, too! Except Sky Regional wouldn't hire me without some French background. :(

Welcome to Canada! Where are you originally from? Do you not have a valid passport from there? I don't know for sure, but I don't think you are able to get a Canadian Passport until you become a citizen.

29 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: Me, too! Except Sky Regional wouldn't hire me without some French background. :(

Welcome to Canada! Where are you originally from? Do you not have a valid passport from there? I don't know for sure, but I don't think you are able to get a Canadian Passport until you become a citizen.

Thank you. :) I'm from Philippines. :) I do have a valid Philippine passport though. And yes, you are right, I won't be able to get a canadian passport. I need to wait 4 more years.haha

Wanna Fly in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

I just want to wish everyone good luck next week!! Keep us updated and hopefully they will tell you when they will start making hiring calls.

29 months ago

Wanna Fly in Toronto, Ontario said: I just want to wish everyone good luck next week!! Keep us updated and hopefully they will tell you when they will start making hiring calls.

Thank you. I just had my interview today. :) Canjet people are very nice and friendly. :) I just hope I did good. Fingers crossed. :)

I was told that it would take atleast a month before I hear from them. And training would start mid October or first week of November. :)

Good luck! ❤

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Exoticedge, how's your interview? :)

Wanna Fly in Etobicoke, Ontario

29 months ago

Flygirl22 Did you have 2 interviews? How many people were there?

Now come the hard part the waiting game!!

29 months ago

Wanna Fly in Etobicoke, Ontario said: Flygirl22 Did you have 2 interviews? How many people were there?

Now come the hard part the waiting game!!

Hi Wanna Fly. :) Yes, I did two interviews. When I came there, there are already 5 people waiting and I saw 3 more after my 2nd interview. Btw, I was there at 10am not sure if some people already went home. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Will88 in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Hi Flygirl22 I have in interview with them tomorrow at 10am as well.

can you give some info on what kind of questions they ask? any tips?

29 months ago

Will88 in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Flygirl22 I have in interview with them tomorrow at 10am as well.

can you give some info on what kind of questions they ask? any tips?

Just be yourself. =D The questions are really basic and standard. The first interview is just about yourself while the second interview is more on situational questions.
You can do it! :) They are nice and very friendly.. :)

Good luck on your interview tomorrow. ❤ Oh, and have a copy of your references on hand.

29 months ago

Thanks so much! =) how long did the whole process take? and was it two 2 on 1 interview?

29 months ago

Will88 in Toronto, Ontario said: Thanks so much! =) how long did the whole process take? and was it two 2 on 1 interview?

Yes, it is 2 on 1 for both interviews. It's really short and sweet. :') Less than an hour, around 45mins for the whole process.

29 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: Yes, it is 2 on 1 for both interviews. It's really short and sweet. :') Less than an hour, around 45mins for the whole process.

Awesome. Im getting excited already! :p btw congrats on your interview and i hope u get the job.:)

29 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: Exoticedge, how's your interview? :)

Hey! I was there at 10am, too! Probably one of those people sitting there waiting. lol!
My interview went very well, too! I felt pretty good about it. :)

29 months ago

Will88 in Toronto, Ontario said: Awesome. Im getting excited already! :p btw congrats on your interview and i hope u get the job.:)

Hi Will88! How's your interview? Any updates? :)

Thank you so much! =x I hope you get the job too. ❤

29 months ago

So mid-Sept for callbacks? Or does anyone know?

29 months ago

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia said: So mid-Sept for callbacks? Or does anyone know?

Yep - That's what they told me yesterday. End of September you'll hear something, but only if they want you. They were going to be conducting reference checks in the next few weeks for the people they just interviewed this week.

Grace in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

I really want to apply for this job...my application for permanent resident is still in process...but it's almost towards the end..another 2months I will be getting it..
I have 4 years experience as flight attendant before coming to Canada..miss flying so much!!
it is gonna be impossible to apply with only work visa..right???? even though I will be PR soon...so sad..specially I saw people saying in this forum that Canjet will hire a lot of people this time..
Good luck everyone~

29 months ago

Grace in Toronto, Ontario said: I really want to apply for this job...my application for permanent resident is still in process...but it's almost towards the end..another 2months I will be getting it..
I have 4 years experience as flight attendant before coming to Canada..miss flying so much!!
it is gonna be impossible to apply with only work visa..right???? even though I will be PR soon...so sad..specially I saw people saying in this forum that Canjet will hire a lot of people this time..
Good luck everyone~

Hey Grace. Just keep waiting! Airlines are always hiring, and if you've already got experience as a Flight Attendant, they'll LOVE you. 2 months left isn't a long time. So maybe not this time, but your time will come soon! You'll be back in the air before you know it! :)

29 months ago

are they still doing interviews this coming September? or it's done?

29 months ago

flyflyfly in Toronto, Ontario said: are they still doing interviews this coming September? or it's done?

From what I got they were finishing up this week and calling references for the next month and we'd find out at the end of September.

29 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: From what I got they were finishing up this week and calling references for the next month and we'd find out at the end of September.

oh ok thanks! btw, do you know if they will update our application online?

ilobesky302 in toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Wow theyre looking for another one..we didnt hear anything from them yet how is that possible or just me didnt get offer!??

W in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

What do you mean they're looking for another? I heard that still had interviews going last week & if we did get the job we would hear from them at the end of September.. I still haven't heard anything either only that they contacted my references.

29 months ago

W in Toronto, Ontario said: What do you mean they're looking for another? I heard that still had interviews going last week & if we did get the job we would hear from them at the end of September.. I still haven't heard anything either only that they contacted my references.

Well...on wbsite today..i saw that.. :-(

Jillz in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

I applied for Canjet twice now and never heard anything :(

29 months ago

Jillz in Toronto, Ontario said: I applied for Canjet twice now and never heard anything :(

Oh...no....have u had interview??

Blue Skies in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Did anyone that interviewed last get there references called yet? I saw they re posted the seasonal flight attendant job for yyz on Tuesday

29 months ago

Blue Skies in Toronto, Ontario said: Did anyone that interviewed last get there references called yet? I saw they re posted the seasonal flight attendant job for yyz on Tuesday

Not yet. They said they'd be doing that the next few weeks and making calls to those at the end of September that they wanted to hire.

29 months ago

Blue Skies in Toronto, Ontario said: Did anyone that interviewed last get there references called yet? I saw they re posted the seasonal flight attendant job for yyz on Tuesday

This part..i dont understand..why they puted re posted it..it makes me soooo sad...

29 months ago

Katryne mc in toronto, Ontario said: This part..i dont understand..why they puted re posted it..it makes me soooo sad...

Not sure what you mean by this, Katryne.

29 months ago

29 months ago

Wake me up when september ends. lol

I hope we all make it!!!❤

29 months ago

hi guys! any update?

29 months ago

flyflyfly in Toronto, Ontario said: hi guys! any update?

Nothing so far! Still too soon to hear I'd imagine. None of my references yet have gotten calls but it was only just a week ago that they did interviews. It's so hard to be patient! lol

29 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: Nothing so far! Still too soon to hear I'd imagine. None of my references yet have gotten calls but it was only just a week ago that they did interviews. It's so hard to be patient! lol

lol. I bet everyone is going crazy waiting for that call. I just wish it's the end of September already :)

Blue Skies in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

Those that had interviews last week haven't been waiting that long imagine the first people who had interviews at the beginning of july, I am one of them imagine how long of a wait it is for us, the wait is driving everyone crazy.

29 months ago

Blue Skies in Toronto, Ontario said: Those that had interviews last week haven't been waiting that long imagine the first people who had interviews at the beginning of july, I am one of them imagine how long of a wait it is for us, the wait is driving everyone crazy.

Yeah, that must be difficult! Even applying and waiting to hear... Then again I didn't have that problem since I applied 2 years ago and just assumed they didn't want me so I forgot all about it... didn't realize they would keep my resume on file for that long! But not much longer now... few more weeks and hopefully they'll start making calls.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.