CanJet Airlines-Toronto

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 840)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AlissaXO in Toronto, Ontario

12 months ago

Hey everyone,

I started this discussion for everyone who has recently applied for the Seasonal Flight Attendant positions for Toronto. Has anybody who has applied heard anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Blue Skies in Etobicoke, Ontario

12 months ago

I had my interview on July 11th and I know they have been checking references, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything or been offered the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AlissaXO in Toronto, Ontario

11 months ago

Ya I was wondering the same! If anyone got offered.. How long ago did you apply for the position ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

I applied in June, interviewed on July 11 haven't heard anything yet. When did you apply and when was your interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Has anyone heard anything from canjet? Has anyone been hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wanna Fly in Etobicoke, Ontario

11 months ago

Hello Everyone!!

I interviewed with CJ in July and they told me that I would be hearing from them in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone that interviewed before me has heard anything from cj.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

w in Winnipeg, Manitoba

11 months ago

Hi! Had the interview in Toronto on July 10th and a week later my references were called as well. They told me too that it'll probably take a month to see who gets hired. But still haven't heard back yet, anyone else hear from CanJet at all?

Wanna Fly in Toronto, Ontario

11 months ago

Hi! I also had my references checked at the end of July but haven't heard anything. Please keep us updated if anyone hears anything and I will do the same, if I hear something.

flyflyfly in Toronto, Ontario

11 months ago

hello! same as you guys.,,had my interview last July 11 and they called my references already. still waiting to hear from them. have you guys check the status of your application online? mine still the same.

11 months ago

Hi!! If I check my application online is says the same thing it did when I applied in June. (Applied to Position) Does your's say the same.

11 months ago

mine says “submitted to requisition”

11 months ago

If I hear from canjet I will post it here, and if anyone else hears anything please post it here. Good Luck to everyone!! The wait is driving me crazy!!

11 months ago

yesss for sure i will let you guys know if i hear from them. hahahaha and true its crazy...good thing i found this forum..now i know I’m not the only one waiting..lol

w in Winnipeg, Manitoba

11 months ago

ill do the same! How did everyone feel about their interview? and did everyone have 2 interviews?

11 months ago

Hi! I think the interviews were standard and hopefully I did well on mine. I had 2 interviews, when i did them. I hope a reference check is a good sign.

11 months ago

I had 2 interviews too. hopefully they will call or send email soon to let us know.

11 months ago

Hi Everyone!! I checked the canjet website today, and saw that they still have the job posting for seasonal flight attendants posted online, so I don't know if they are still doing interviews and not done any hiring yet until all interviews are completed.

11 months ago

I guess they're not done hiring yet. Do you happen to know when's the training start?

11 months ago

I was told it would either be in October or November

W in Toronto, Ontario

11 months ago

I was told October as destination vacations usually start in November. As for getting contacted- they said they'll only contact people who got hired. If u don't get the job, they won't contact u:(

11 months ago

Has anyone thought of calling canjet hr and just getting an update if they have done any hiring for yyz or when they intend to start.

flyflyfly in Mississauga, Ontario

11 months ago

Im thinking. but I'll wait until the end of this month lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluemonkey in Ontario

11 months ago

flyflyfly in Mississauga, Ontario said: Im thinking. but I'll wait until the end of this month lol

I spoke with someone today from CanJet that was doing phone calls for interviews. The woman I spoke with said they are doing another round of interviews in Toronto as they need "a lot" of people. She did not think they have begun to do any job offers yet.

11 months ago

bluemonkey in Ontario said: I spoke with someone today from CanJet that was doing phone calls for interviews. The woman I spoke with said they are doing another round of interviews in Toronto as they need "a lot" of people. She did not think they have begun to do any job offers yet.

awesome! thanks for the update :)

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario

11 months ago

bluemonkey in Ontario said: I spoke with someone today from CanJet that was doing phone calls for interviews. The woman I spoke with said they are doing another round of interviews in Toronto as they need "a lot" of people. She did not think they have begun to do any job offers yet.

Hi! When is your interview? :) is it on the 27th of August? Marriott hotel? :')

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

Hi Everyone: I came across last years form on canjets hiring for seasonal flight attendants and they seem to be following the same script. it looks like they did there last interviews and the end of august and didn't start making hiring calls till late september of early october, if that is the case we still have some time to wait.

11 months ago

lets wait until September then and keep our hopes up!

exoticedge in Port Hope, Ontario

10 months ago

Hey.
I applied last Spring and just received a phone call today! So it was totally unexpected. I figured that I just didn't make it so I moved on but I was surprised to hear from CanJet this afternoon! I've also got an interview on Tuesday at the Marriott Hotel in Mississauga, Ont. so I'll possibly see you there Flygirl22!!

I'm just shocked that it took that long to get a call back - since then I've graduated from Post Secondary in Travel & Tourism and started learning French (which the girl on the phone asked if I spoke - do any of you speak French?) I'm basically at a basic conversational level but definitely going to push myself through the program so I know a bit more for Tuesday. She never said it was required though but I'd assume it would help your chances? The girl also told me that should I make it through the interviews that my set training date would be October 20th something? I was still processing what was happening that I missed the exact date. Doesn't seem like they can move that quickly, but if they need a lot of people then maybe they're trying to process as many applicants as possible so we can get into the October or November training.

Good luck everyone!! And for those attending the interviews on Tuesday, see you there!

10 months ago

Good Luck!!! Everyone going for interviews on Tuesday.

10 months ago

Wanna Fly in Etobicoke, Ontario said: Hello Everyone!!

I interviewed with CJ in July and they told me that I would be hearing from them in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone that interviewed before me has heard anything from cj.

How was your interview? What can we expect on Tuesday? Do you speak any other languages? What sort of questions were you asked?

bluemonkey in Ontario

10 months ago

I interviewed in July as well. I heard from them a few weeks ago because the computer in error had pulled my resume a 2nd time for the next wave of interviews. The woman on the phone told me that they had not begun offering any positions as of yet. She mentioned that they had to hire quite a number of people. So I guess we keep our fingers crossed :)

10 months ago

Hi Exoticedge!!

You can expect 2 interviews the first one just general question why you wanna be a flight attendant? Question about yourself.

Second Interview behavior questions like what would you do....? Both interviews are 2on1 interviews.

Good Luck Tuesday!!

ACouper

10 months ago

Looks like they're doing a few days of interviews... mine's the 29th. Do many of you have FA experience?

10 months ago

ACouper said: Looks like they're doing a few days of interviews... mine's the 29th. Do many of you have FA experience?

First off... Congratulations! :D Are you bilingual?

But no, I don't. I've been trying for years to get a job with an airline. I have been finding that most of them looking these days would prefer experience which doesn't help anyone who is just starting out. :( I ended up taking a break from applying to positions and furthered my education in hopes that maybe that'll do the trick!

ACouper

10 months ago

exoticedge in Port Hope, Ontario said: First off... Congratulations! :D Are you bilingual?

Nope, not bilingual. Just English! I'm working on learning French though, and can speak basic French.

What did you further your education in? I've taken a break from applying to the field I went to school for... flight attendant sounds much more fun!

10 months ago

Good luck!!!! to those going for interviews :)

10 months ago

ACouper said: Nope, not bilingual. Just English! I'm working on learning French though, and can speak basic French.

What did you further your education in? I've taken a break from applying to the field I went to school for... flight attendant sounds much more fun!

Yay! So I'm pleased I'm not the only non-bilingual one. But basic French I know. Going to be working on it ALL DAY until my interview to get as far as I can through my lessons.

I took a Travel and Tourism program through Humber College, specifically for Airline stuff. So I learned about airline/airport policies and procedures, terminology, airport city codes, learned how to use Sabre GDS, international fares and currencies.. a whole bunch of stuff to do with fares. It was actually a really fun and interesting program.

and thanks flyflyfly!

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia

10 months ago

I had my interview back in July as well. Flew in from Vancouver. Moving to Toronto next week, so I hope I get a call soon! But good luck to everyone!

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario

10 months ago

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia said: I had my interview back in July as well. Flew in from Vancouver. Moving to Toronto next week, so I hope I get a call soon! But good luck to everyone!

Woah! Really?! I couldn't move unless I was 100% sure I had the position. I will have to in this case if all goes well, but until I'm officially hired I'm staying at home and when I need to be out that way I can stay with Family. Good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly! Crossing my fingers that your phone rings soon! Enjoy Toronto. :-)

10 months ago

Hi exoticedge! :) I'll see you on tuesday. I'm so nervous. lol Best of luck to everyone. xoxo

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia

10 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: Woah! Really?! I couldn't move unless I was 100% sure I had the position. I will have to in this case if all goes well, but until I'm officially hired I'm staying at home and when I need to be out that way I can stay with Family. Good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly! Crossing my fingers that your phone rings soon! Enjoy Toronto. :-)

Yeah I know.. Ha! Im actually moving out there to expand on my music career... Always wanted to be an FA though. :)

10 months ago

btw, I'm unilingual as well. :) I'm wondering if everyone here has a canadian passport? Because I don't have one.

10 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: btw, I'm unilingual as well. :) I'm wondering if everyone here has a canadian passport? Because I don't have one.

It'll be okay. :-) Is this your first interview for an airline? I have a Canadian Passport, yes. That you'll definitely need!

10 months ago

Karma in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Yeah I know.. Ha! Im actually moving out there to expand on my music career... Always wanted to be an FA though. :)

Oh, awesome! Well good luck on both of your endeavors.

10 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: It'll be okay. :-) Is this your first interview for an airline? I have a Canadian Passport, yes. That you'll definitely need!

It's my second time.lol I applied at sky regional before but I had the same issue with not having a canadian passport. I'm just new here in Canada, I landed September last year as a PR resident. :)

Can't wait to meet you on tuesday. :) Good luck! =')

10 months ago

Flygirl22 in Toronto, Ontario said: It's my second time.lol I applied at sky regional before but I had the same issue with not having a canadian passport. I'm just new here in Canada, I landed September last year as a PR resident. :)

Can't wait to meet you on tuesday. :) Good luck! =')

Me, too! Except Sky Regional wouldn't hire me without some French background. :(

Welcome to Canada! Where are you originally from? Do you not have a valid passport from there? I don't know for sure, but I don't think you are able to get a Canadian Passport until you become a citizen.

10 months ago

exoticedge in Cobourg, Ontario said: Me, too! Except Sky Regional wouldn't hire me without some French background. :(

Welcome to Canada! Where are you originally from? Do you not have a valid passport from there? I don't know for sure, but I don't think you are able to get a Canadian Passport until you become a citizen.

Thank you. :) I'm from Philippines. :) I do have a valid Philippine passport though. And yes, you are right, I won't be able to get a canadian passport. I need to wait 4 more years.haha

10 months ago

I just want to wish everyone good luck next week!! Keep us updated and hopefully they will tell you when they will start making hiring calls.

10 months ago

Wanna Fly in Toronto, Ontario said: I just want to wish everyone good luck next week!! Keep us updated and hopefully they will tell you when they will start making hiring calls.

Thank you. I just had my interview today. :) Canjet people are very nice and friendly. :) I just hope I did good. Fingers crossed. :)

I was told that it would take atleast a month before I hear from them. And training would start mid October or first week of November. :)

Good luck! ❤

10 months ago

Exoticedge, how's your interview? :)

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.