How to get a job at Capital Group Companies.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Capital Group Companies? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

indeedjobs in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

My opinion is this company is not serious on hiring people. Interview process is too long - close to a year.
If you are good at your skills and looking to move , are you really going to wait 1 year?

Look at some of the job postings. They are there since 1 + year. Which serious organization will wait for this long to hire someone?

I have a friend who went through the excruciating interview process . According to him HR recruiter was borderline rude . Hiring manager was not serious about hiring . No wonder he got rejected with no reason after going through the process for 8 months !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

I have no idea what the hiring criteria is. I have been very careful matching qualifications, researching a company before applying. I and the company met criteria. I made it to the first live interview. The recruitter immediately
advised we would only discuss a portion of my experience which did not allow
experience that was even more applicable to the open position and within 10 years. This is a first. I found it odd and not logical.
It is a first experience where I and others agreed was unprofessional where a recruiter specifically announced was limiting discussing relevent experience, not interested in receiving supporting documentaion on my performance and positive feedback from co-workers and management. It is a first that my decline letter stated my experience was not best suited but matched perfectly to the description and over 15 years experience and a real first that a human resource staff did not allow even more applicable experience be discussed. What I did learn was the recruiter had worked for a company I had worked for and despite my good standing there was not relevent nor applicable experience allowed. I've been advised to pursue feedback, a consideration of the recruiters good standing as I've been advised professionaly that I am a perfect match for the position with documented performance to substanciate. Outside of this the fact that I have 15 years experience in customer service and over 40yrs maybe something that should be looked into. Best of luck to you. Capital provided my first decline in employment history and with an explanation on the decline which the recruiter herself placed specific limitations. So sad. I think this is really a good company and a shame they seem to be unaware. This should be looked into. Best advise, if you recognize the recruiters name...do not make an association. I think anothers best employment interest was a focus as well. Funny thing I didn't know her reputation until afterward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

I just spoke with someone I worked with who said they recently interviewed with them and were declined. Why would they then call me who shares the same strong customer service experience and some employer history.

This lady was very experienced and a great employee. I just this evening spoke with yet another previous co-worker as well, (we were all involved with a Chapter 11 situation with our previous company). Anyway, she was just called for an interview as well. My question is, why do they keep interviewing the same type of qualified people and who worked at the same company then turn around
and tell them they are not qualified for the entry level and up position and currently remains open.
It will be interesting to see if this co-worker gets the
offer. She is older than myself and less time in the area of expertise. They have to fill the spot soon since class begins in September.
She, just as myself, was told interest and experience wasn't a great concern since they provide training and interest would follow with knowledge. I advised this potential employee to not get comfortable with this and my own lesson was be sure to cover all her experience and strengths, no matter what she is directed to leave off, because it may be JUST the reason that is documented should she receive a decline. I'm still crushed over this obviously. I really wanted to work there.
When you're qualified and have everything to substanciate and then some, and be told the minute the interview begins that you're limited on what area you can cover in your work history..we're all baffled so anyone who is declined, I understand your disappointment but do not take it personally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

matt

73 months ago

I worked for AFS (group 7) in Norfolk (HRO) right after I graduated college. In the first 3 years I received 3 promotion and traveled to all the sites at the time (CA, TX, and IN). The first 3 years were great with good management, high morale, excellent associates, and high quality of work. In the 2 years that followed the office became a typical call center. VERY VERY bad management, high turnover, low morale, bad quality of work and pretty much anyone who applied was hired. I was really disappointed in AFS and management made it clear that the door was open if you wanted to leave (which I did). The HRO office appeared to be the worst of the AFS call centers. Just fyi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

M Rahman in Tustin, California

8 months ago

indeedjobs in Los Angeles, California said: My opinion is this company is not serious on hiring people. Interview process is too long - close to a year.
If you are good at your skills and looking to move , are you really going to wait 1 year?

Look at some of the job postings. They are there since 1 + year. Which serious organization will wait for this long to hire someone?

I have a friend who went through the excruciating interview process . According to him HR recruiter was borderline rude . Hiring manager was not serious about hiring . No wonder he got rejected with no reason after going through the process for 8 months !!

Is there any way that you can refer me, I work at the Verizon wireless call center across from you, it will be greatly appreciated. my name is M Rahman, email: mr7pm@yahoo.com Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jennifer schrupp in San Diego, California

8 months ago

See what it's like to work at Capital Group and find a role that fits your job interests and skills on Careers page of their website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.