Capital One Background Checks (Pre-Employment Screening)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Allsmilees in Richmond, Virginia

35 months ago

I was wondering when you're offered a job from Capital One pending a background check what does their background check entail? I had a misdemeanor 12 years ago and my credit isn't exactly all that great. What are their requirements?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (175) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

doxmom in Tampa, Florida

26 months ago

Hi Allsmilees, just saw your question today and was wondering if you landed the job? I was presented with an offer today pending background check and was wondering the same thing. Could you tell me what the background check was about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

TWdallastx in Dallas, Texas

21 months ago

Does anyone know how far back Capital One go on their background checks? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

Does anyone know what company Capital One uses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mia J in Virginia

15 months ago

What does capital one look for in a background check?? someone please respond as i want to apply for a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Madvillain in New York

12 months ago

***I applied for the Teller position at capital one and was hired.****

The background check seems to be your typical BR check done by outside an outside company that capital one hires.

It Checks for prior convictions, possibly pending charges, etc. I myself have been arrested a few times when I was younger but the charges were thrown out. May vary from location to location but that would tell me it does Not scan for arrest records themselves.

It also seems that it does not scan for your traffic infraction history as my license was suspended 3 or 4 times when I was younger due to accumulating too many points/speeding tickets speeding tickets. (Never had anything serious like DWI's or whatever else related)

So if you're not an ex felon and you don't have any serious misdemeanor convictions (Anything besides marijuana convictions really) I'm sure you'll be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Madvillain in New York

12 months ago

In addition to what I wrote above^

My Credit Score was awful at the time of hiring and I was still Hired. (Hired as a teller).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Big v in Hampton, Virginia

12 months ago

I got a call from my recruiter saying tha my start date is pushed back because my criminal background check hasnt come back. Hasnt anyone ever heard of that? If so, what usally happens after that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rikkijanet in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Big v in Hampton, Virginia said: I got a call from my recruiter saying tha my start date is pushed back because my criminal background check hasnt come back. Hasnt anyone ever heard of that? If so, what usally happens after that?

Have you heard anything back from your recruiter????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rikkijanet in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Madvillain in New York said: In addition to what I wrote above^

My Credit Score was awful at the time of hiring and I was still Hired. (Hired as a teller).

How long ago were you hired? If you don't mind me asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miken23 in New Port Richey, Florida

10 months ago

I'm was offered a customer service position. Background and credit check pending. I'm 20 with a 530 credit score wondering if that can be used against me????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessamom3

8 months ago

I had my second interview today I am worrying about the same thing did you get the job? The person from New Port Richey. I live in Dade City and am trying to get into a work from home position. I have no record but a seriously bad credit score.

Bluetea in Texas

8 months ago

Jessamom3 said: I had my second interview today I am worrying about the same thing did you get the job? The person from New Port Richey. I live in Dade City and am trying to get into a work from home position. I have no record but a seriously bad credit score.

Can't speak specifically about Capital One but in general, most (not all) companies don't care about your "credit score".

What they don't like to see are derogatory public records like bankruptcy, repossession, liens, etc.

Madvillain in New York

8 months ago

rikkijanet in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania said: How long ago were you hired? If you don't mind me asking?

I was hired in July of 2013.

**Your credit score doesn't reflect on their decision to hire you.

C.o in Richmond, Virginia

8 months ago

Jessamom3 said: I had my second interview today I am worrying about the same thing did you get the job? The person from New Port Richey. I live in Dade City and am trying to get into a work from home position. I have no record but a seriously bad credit score.

I believe that checking your check is a myth but I might be wrong but my credit score is around the same and I actually started working not to long ago. so good luck to you. so far Capital One seems like a awesome place to work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jessamom3

8 months ago

I still have not heard anything. I really want/need this job. How long should it take for the recruiter to contact me?

bcandi in Mesquite, Texas

8 months ago

Do you know what system that they used to do the background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Makingithappen04 in Houma, Louisiana

8 months ago

Has anyone not passed one of their assessments? I had a phone interview with a recruiter for an Assistant Branch Manager position, and the interview couldn't have gone better. I was emailed 3 assessments. The math assessment was one of the most difficult I've had in my entire job-hunting career!
Not feeling too good about it and that makes me so sad : (

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

asha in Waltham, Massachusetts

8 months ago

LC in Houston, Texas said: Does anyone know what company Capital One uses?

sterling for me

Kim Lee in Valrico, Florida

7 months ago

I was very ill for an amount of time and am excited to return to work. I am looking forward to returning to Capital One.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

I am looking forward to working again at Capital One once again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Would love to work at Capital One again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Wish I could work at Capital One again soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lucy Kim in Dallas, Texas

3 months ago

Was recently hired by Capital One. No drug test, no finger printing. Background check took 8 business days. Was told by the recruiter that background check included credit check. She said they looked at credit perimeters. Not sure what perimeters they review, but my credit was awful at the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Mount Prospect, Illinois

1 month ago

Big v in Hampton, Virginia said: I got a call from my recruiter saying tha my start date is pushed back because my criminal background check hasnt come back. Hasnt anyone ever heard of that? If so, what usally happens after that?

Did you end up getting hired?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.