Capital One

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Sam in Providence, Rhode Island

38 months ago

Hey, I have an interview with C1 coming up soon too. What kind of test did they give you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Monet in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

Mines was pretty simple . I applied for a teller position . First I had a phone interview with a recruiter then went through a face-to-face interview through another staffing agency called "Spherion" a couple of weeks later (maybe 3) I got a call form a recruiter and an offer email for a job . The thing is in the email it says "after a satisfactory background and credit check" I had a pending misdemeanor criminal charge at the time and was denied a job prior to applying at Capital One due to the charge but Capital One still hired me .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Northport, New York

38 months ago

Monet in Dallas, Texas said: Mines was pretty simple . I applied for a teller position . First I had a phone interview with a recruiter then went through a face-to-face interview through another staffing agency called "Spherion" a couple of weeks later (maybe 3) I got a call form a recruiter and an offer email for a job . The thing is in the email it says "after a satisfactory background and credit check" I had a pending misdemeanor criminal charge at the time and was denied a job prior to applying at Capital One due to the charge but Capital One still hired me .

you still didn't answer the question... hair or urine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

annyomus in marietta, Georgia

38 months ago

capital one sucks! i hope they treat employee better than their customers....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lsmullins in Lebanon, Virginia

37 months ago

usually urine.... easiest and most mainstream (no pun intended) test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Allsmilees in Richmond, Virginia

34 months ago

Monet in Dallas, Texas said: Mines was pretty simple . I applied for a teller position . First I had a phone interview with a recruiter then went through a face-to-face interview through another staffing agency called "Spherion" a couple of weeks later (maybe 3) I got a call form a recruiter and an offer email for a job . The thing is in the email it says "after a satisfactory background and credit check" I had a pending misdemeanor criminal charge at the time and was denied a job prior to applying at Capital One due to the charge but Capital One still hired me .

thank you for this feedback as I found it helpful. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 12 years ago. and my credit isn't exactly all that. They recently offered me a job pending my background check. your information leads me to believe they may still hire me despite my past. Given mine wasn't pending it actually happened but it was 12 years ago and have had no incidents since so I'm hopeful they will be fine with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Providence, Rhode Island

32 months ago

J ROCK in Hampton, Virginia said: What kind of drug test does Capital One do? Urine? Hair? I have an interview for a business analyst job coming up..

I just had a standard pee in a cup test but I don't know if it's the same everywhere.

pandaman in Nashville, Tennessee

32 months ago

you apply for a BA in richmond or DC or Plano? also was it after the offer or on your first day of employment? thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Providence, Rhode Island

32 months ago

i was just an intern in jersey, and it was like 2 weeks after the offer

Fits in Williamsburg, Virginia

25 months ago

I had an interview with Capital One. I must say the interview who was male could not stop looking at my breast. He was so nasty! I have never had a interviewer be so unprofessional.Remind you I was completely covered and nothing was tight he just kept staring and made me feel completely uncomfortable. If the interview was like that I can only imagine how it is to work at that place. Worse interview ever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tini in Bentonville, Arkansas

20 months ago

Allsmilees in Richmond, Virginia said: thank you for this feedback as I found it helpful. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 12 years ago. and my credit isn't exactly all that. They recently offered me a job pending my background check . your information leads me to believe they may still hire me despite my past. Given mine wasn't pending it actually happened but it was 12 years ago and have had no incidents since so I'm hopeful they will be fine with it.

Hi whether u clear the credit and backgrnd check ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

reg z in richmond, Virginia

17 months ago

allsmiles did you tell them about your criminal history 12 years, did you have to disclose that information, I have misde 20 years ago, I just applied with capital one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Allsmilees in Richmond, Virginia

17 months ago

reg z in richmond, Virginia said: allsmiles did you tell them about your criminal history 12 years, did you have to disclose that information, I have misde 20 years ago, I just applied with capital one

They retracted their offer do to my misdemeanor from 13 years ago. I disclosed it and everything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

thank you so much for that...WOW so even if I disclosed it they are not trying to work with anyone, well theyre is no need for me to apply. We tell the truth and still get kicked in the gut....I can cancel that out then....all I can do is keep trying, did you apply with suntrust or any other bank allsmiles, I know wf only goes back 7 years so that is great....I saw one forum where a person had a pending charge at capital one and his background still came back satisfied and they offered them the job....just don't know these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

yes I guess this is the same forum I saw that comment from the person who passed capital one bcgrd with a pending charge, so no need to go thru with the background from capital one, it will be a waste of time, thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andy Hayotsyan in sunnyside, New York

15 months ago

what kind of misdemeanor did you have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andy Hayotsyan in sunnyside, New York

15 months ago

reg z in richmond, Virginia said: yes I guess this is the same forum I saw that comment from the person who passed capital one bcgrd with a pending charge, so no need to go thru with the background from capital one, it will be a waste of time, thanks again

what kind of misdemeanor did you have?

Madvillain in New York

11 months ago

Drug testing must vary from location to location.

I was hired at a branch on Long Island, NY and was never drug tested, nor did drug testing ever come up in conversation during training or orientation. (Teller position)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Billy in Mesquite, Texas

9 months ago

does anybody know if the capital one office in plano do random drug test for sr. risk representatives ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miken23 in New Port Richey, Florida

9 months ago

I'm 20. I've been hired at capital one. They are running the pre employment check. I have passed multiple background checks for employers but I have a charge as a juvenile age 14 or 15. Will they use that against me? And i have a credit score of 530.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tia in Richmond, Virginia

9 months ago

Hello everyone I was trying to see if anyone that works a home for capitol one has been drug tested in the Richmond area. They didn't say anything about it but I report for training on the 21 and didn't want to be caught off guard will they do it during my training period? Will they do it at the knolls building or send me somewhere else? Also again I'm a work at home capitol one associate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tia in Richmond, Virginia

9 months ago

Miken23 in New Port Richey, Florida said: I'm 20. I've been hired at capital one. They are running the pre employment check. I have passed multiple background checks for employers but I have a charge as a juvenile age 14 or 15. Will they use that against me? And i have a credit score of 530.

Hello my credit score was worse than that and I got hired and I had a charge at 16 and they still hired be. But in the state of Virginia my juvenile cases could not be pulled up in a background check unless it was a felony. check out your state laws it a really quick Google search!

Dixie in Lorton, Virginia

5 months ago

anyone know if they screen for bupe?

Kim Lee in Valrico, Florida

3 months ago

I was a Manager at Capital One and loved working there. I would love to be a rehire if possible. I am looking for jobs, however, I would prefer to be hired by Capital One once again. It was my dream job. Please let me know if there are any new positions available. It was the best job I ever had and would love to continue to work at Capital One. I was ill for a while however, I would still like to work at Capital One once again.

3 months ago

Thank you for your comments! It was the best job I ever had:) Would love to apply again!

3 months ago

The best job ever! please let me know if you have any openings.

3 months ago

I worked there before and was a Manager, I would love to work there again! Please consider me, I would be forever grateful!

Pamela in Richmond, Virginia

1 month ago

I got a job offer from capital one this week she did i should receive the offer letter ty he next morning i didn't. I called the recruiter and she said that it takes time I'm getting worried. Does any one know how long it takes to get the offer letter for a at home call center position.

Maggie in Chesterfield, Virginia

1 month ago

Pamela I am looking into the work at home job as well. did they say how much it pays and do they do a background check for the at home position?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.