How to get a job at cardinal health.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 76)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at cardinal health? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

91 months ago

I would not recommend applying at Cardinal
Health, especially the San Diego Location.
The environment is extremely negative, they
have poor management,have high turnover and tolerate bullies and incompetent employees who kiss up. If your just concerned with decent pay and benefits, then you may want to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous As Well in Hilliard, Ohio

90 months ago

I applied for a job at the Dublin, Ohio office just the first of the month. Was hoping to see some insider secrets to find out how I get the job. I am qualified for the job. It just seems that you hope to hear something and you cant get anyone to answer any questions about your application and such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in San Diego, California

90 months ago

i agree with the other anonymous user.. don't apply at san diego location. it is a very negative environment with lot of internal politics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Solana Beach, California

90 months ago

can't agree more with the negative environment - it will drive you borderline insande

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi Lou in Flint, Michigan

90 months ago

I applied for the job in Swartz creek, Michigan and I think that they don't hired Minorities, Because I have over 15 years of Pharmacy experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

One day at a time in Dayton, Ohio

89 months ago

Cindi Lou in Flint, Michigan said: I applied for the job in Swartz creek, Michigan and I think that they don't hired Minorities, Because I have over 15 years of Pharmacy experience.

Thanks for the comment. And I believe you hit the no hiring thing right on the head... More companies than not are doing the no-hire minorities. Although they like the response of "we found someone with a better FIT as it were. Right? Just keep faith and continue to look. You are better off without the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Lakeland, Florida

89 months ago

I'm glad I found this post. I had what I thought was a really great interview with them about a year ago at the Lakeland, FL location--for a Night Warehouse Supervisor position. Manager said he'd call me either way. Never heard back. They are always hiring and I've seen the Night Supervisor position on the board every few months or so. Don't bother applying in Lakeland either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 years tech & 6 years sales in Chattanooga, Tennessee

89 months ago

Hi,
I want the Amb sales position in Chattanooga. Does Cardinal offer any referral bonuses to sales employees? If so, please help me. My email address is kygatn@yahoo.com. This is not the same email address that I have on my resume that I have already sent.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bob W in Grove City, Ohio

89 months ago

If you're single, no kids, have no life, like eating at your desk and want to work 12 to 14 hours a day...it's the place for you.

It wasn't a very employee friendly company but I'm told they're trying to change that environment. Big time title inflation. Seems like everyone is a manager, director of VP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Bob W in Grove City, Ohio said: If you're single, no kids, have no life, like eating at your desk and want to work 12 to 14 hours a day...it's the place for you.

It wasn't a very employee friendly company but I'm told they're trying to change that environment. Big time title inflation. Seems like everyone is a manager, director of VP.

Bob - do you currently work or did you used to work in the Dublin, Ohio office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Brandon, Mississippi

89 months ago

Cardinal Health is a great company. I believe that they are changing with the era. Cardinal is becoming a global premier health corporation with numerous employees in many feilds. Cardinal wants to be the Walmart of the healthcare industry. Like any large corporation merging different companies and styles into one will take time and a lot of effort from the employees and management. Cardinal hires external candidates frequently but always tries to promote from with in first. I don't think you will find a company in which there is utopia and all things are just and fair. The principles of any company are meant to be just and fair but when you enter the human factor into the equation there may be some errors. The company is only as great as the employees are willing to make it. Sometimes you must be the pebble in the still pond to create the ripples of change. I have worked in many places and believe that Cardinal is moving in the right direction for its employees. Honestly we have to be real and carry some business sense. Look at the job you are applying for and realize what is just compenstion. I will be honest, don't hold your breath if you are looking for a $20 per hour any warehouse position with Cardinal. No distribution facility can operate profitably at that level without high costs to it customers. The wages that Cardinal pays are resonable and just. Remember that when making wage comparisons you have to compare apples to apples and not oranges.
Cardinal Health is a great company to work for. It is the employees who make the difference in any company. I can not reveal the benefits packages available but it is more than reasonable for its employees. Folks let be serious in a corporate position exempt level you can expect not to work 40 hours or less a week. In response to 14 hour days at the corporate office, yes there are a lot of director, manager, vp, and presidents because it is the CORPORATE OFFICE for the Global Premier Health Corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

In response to minorities,

I am disgusted that you would imply that Cardinal does not hire minorites. Cardinal has a very diverse background of employees. By minorities I hope you are not referring to African Americans. Cardinal Health is a firm believer in hiring people of all nationalities and backgrounds. I have seen it myself. The facilities hire qualified applicants of any race, color, nationality, or creed as long as you can pass a drug test, state and federal background check, and look presentable ( in some postions a DMV check). That is a poor excuse to justify the reason you were not hired. You may need to pay an investigative company to see what your background may reveal before jumping to conclusions about a company.
Please check your spelling also because I am sure you meant hire not hired in your comment. You may need to check your resume for grammatical errors. I am sure that is critical component when dealing with pharmaceutical prescriptions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

89 months ago

Yes,you are correct that Cardinal does make an
effort to hire from diverse backrounds. However, you did not mention that Managers
get rated on their performance reviews on
the "diversity" of their hiring. An African
American was hired in my group. This person is the most incompetent, arrogant, person with
whom I have ever worked. However, Management
won't "touch" him because of the fear of lawsuits. I might add that I have worked
with many other personable, sharp African Americans. So it is fair to other employees to keep a incompetent employee just because they are a minority?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

anonymous said: Yes,you are correct that Cardinal does make an
effort to hire from diverse backrounds. However, you did not mention that Managers
get rated on their performance reviews on
the "diversity" of their hiring. An African
American was hired in my group. This person is the most incompetent, arrogant, person with
whom I have ever worked. However, Management
won't "touch" him because of the fear of lawsuits. I might add that I have worked
with many other personable, sharp African Americans. So it is fair to other employees to keep a incompetent employee just because they are a minority?

A portion of the management review does incorporate the quality and diversity of the new hires the manager makes. I find that it is unfortunate if this is happening at your facility. The panel of interviewers must make the best decision based on the interview process and sometimes unqualified candidates do slip through. Applicants can talk a good story during the interview process which can fool the interview panel and get hired. After that point it is up to management to decide if the new hire truly demonstrates the abilities stated during the interview process. The director of the facility will be privy to the information pertaining to the means to deal with the situation at hand. Info will be on a need to know basis. If this is truly apparent at your place then I am sure something is in the works wether you are on the know or not. There are protocols that must be followed before the dismissal of even a new hire. I urge you to speak with your manager using the open door policy and if you get no resolution then move up the chain of command. If there is no resolution then contact the ethics hotline. Rest assured if it is noticed by more than you then something is being done about it.
If there is a problem with the quality of the new hires then try making a suggestion to the panel about setting certain criterias which they need to look for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Roberts in Conyers, Georgia

89 months ago

Cindi Lou in Flint, Michigan said: I applied for the job in Swartz creek, Michigan and I think that they don't hired Minorities, Because I have over 15 years of Pharmacy experience.

Maybe they didn't hire you because your communication is lackluster. Just look at your post. You have a run-on sentence, didn't capitalize a proper name, wrong tense on hire and you capitalized three words that shouldn't be capitalized. With that said, what does your resume look like? Maybe that's the issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mystery in San Diego, California

89 months ago

I will have to say that Cardinal does have a tremendous number of employees who are of low quality. I've worked at several other large reputables companies, and the caliber of the people at Cardinal simply cannot compare. Granted it is in a business that does not necessarily require high intellectual capacity, but this may have to be corrected soon if it is to continue being a top fortune 20 company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Will in Omaha, Nebraska

89 months ago

After reading all the messages on this post page, I'm not sure I even want to apply. This company seems to have problems with the management,managers and employees. Sounds to me like this company needs to be more responsible, (not just to there employees but to there customers as well). I wish all of you good luck.

Will Dallaghan
Omaha,Ne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

In Texas in Frisco, Texas

89 months ago

In Texas this company is located in Grand Prarie. They advertised recent jobs in "Dallas" Grand Prarie is not Dallas in relation to actually working in the building.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Are you in HR for Cardinal? PR? in Frisco, Texas

89 months ago

Are you in HR for Cardinal? PR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jones

89 months ago

I used to work for them (Pharmacy department) and though a relatively good company with nice benefits, they don't have a very well organized orientation & training program for new Pharmacists, and, some of their "tenured" Pharmacists were quite unwilling to really assist in the learning process.. I felt like I was being "passed-off" from person to person who likewise was not very friendly in training on their computer, TPN-preps., etc.. Plus, they have absolutely no manuals or organized protocols to follow top learn the correct methodologies in order to accomplish one's work, thus contributing to errors I felt. Plus, one of their pharmacy managers (who interviewed me outside) was constantly smoking/puffing-away on his cigarette as he interviewed me..-->wow-- what lack of professionalism..

Have since opened my own United franchised pharmacy and am happy, very happy NOW!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Lakeland, Florida

89 months ago

Brian in Lakeland, Florida said: I'm glad I found this post. I had what I thought was a really great interview with them about a year ago at the Lakeland, FL location--for a Night Warehouse Supervisor position. Manager said he'd call me either way. Never heard back. They are always hiring and I've seen the Night Supervisor position on the board every few months or so. Don't bother applying in Lakeland either.

Hey, Brian I was interviewed and told to expect call for supervisor position, guess what that was where it ended. Who knows some managers take the easy way out. They leave you felling good, your hopes are up, all for a pratice interview. In the old days they would send you a post card or thank you letter. Now just lie to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Bill in Lakeland, Florida said: Hey, Brian I was interviewed and told to expect call for supervisor position, guess what that was where it ended. Who knows some managers take the easy way out. They leave you felling good, your hopes are up, all for a pratice interview. In the old days they would send you a post card or thank you letter. Now just lie to you.

That is very unfortunate this occurred to the both of you. Etiquette is lacking these days in the world of business. Maybe it is due to ever growing pressures facing middle management these days. The manager probable left you feeling good because there may have been more candidates he or she had to interview before making a decision. The fact that you were granted a face to face interview says a lot. Before we question the etiquette of why did we not receieve a response after the interview. Did you send a thank you card to the manager for spending his time interviewing you for the position in which you applied for. As we move to the internet era most companies send a generic email to the candidates who were denied. I feel that with the increase in technology face to face interaction in the business world has decreased dramatically. Anyway I don't think it is any managers' intention to leave a candidate feeling crappy and worthless following an interview for a position. This leaves a bad reputation for the company. When you do get a position in some form of management you will understand what I mean. Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Formerly known as "Prince"

89 months ago

I like big butts and I can't deny...on men!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

89 months ago

anonymous said: I would not recommend applying at Cardinal
have poor management,have high turnover and tolerate bullies and incompetent employees who kiss up. If your just concerned with decent pay and benefits, then you may want to apply.

Sound like McKesson and amerisource both of which I worked for. Seems to be the tone of the pharm.dist. business- not to mention downsizing, restructing,layoffs etc. stir clear of this industry folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

89 months ago

thanks all--
now when I get "interview requests" (calls) from these pharmacy stupid-visors then I tell them what I've learned and ask them if they've cleaned-up their act - and - that I'm NO LONGER INTERESTED - SO THAT THEY CAN TRY TO GO-GET ANOTHER "GOPHER", NOT ME :>(-...
I'm REALLY happy now what I'm doing and wouldn't change it for ANY amount of so-called "excellent benefits" from these companies when one has to tolerate such stupid-visors.. Was just thinking & wondering if the supervisors "stupd-visors" are also the "same",, thus-> the end result is the same type of attitude being displayed, maybe un-benounced to them after all... (is too-bad though..)-- bye all :>)-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in C'bus Ohio in Nineveh, Indiana

89 months ago

Wow! You all seem to have a negative outlook on this industry even outside of the workplace. Maybe the negativity that is being reflected by the pharmaceutical industry is just a reflection of your own inner termoil. I spent 6 years working for GlaxoSmithKline, the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and found them to reward workers who go beyond the call of duty and not the job that you are being paid to do anyway. A mean, they are like any other company who only survives on increased productivity. You all are calling the supervisors stupid, and compairing it to prison. Of course your going to struggle in this type of corporate environment.

BTW, if you want to know the trick to get an interview with Cardinal Health... Just be as creative as you can to get their attention. Market yourself well and remember that most marketing makes some people mad, so be prepaired to make some people mad. I really upset a college recruiter with is company, but got a phone call the next day from an HR person wanting to set-up a face to face interview.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I sure as heck would like to know how you can talk to a REAL PERSON at Cardinal Health. I've tried calling there twice asking about a position that I applied for and they put me into an automated voice system. Are you telling me that someone LIVE talks to one of us outsiders???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Will in Omaha, Nebraska

89 months ago

good luck in talking to anyone. I'v tryed more than once.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cc in nj in Blackwood, New Jersey

89 months ago

what about cardinal in swedesboro nj? how is that to work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yur soooo right :>(-

89 months ago

Humana, Cardinal, Target and Express Scripts are ALL rotten companies with rotten H.R. and pharmacy hiring stupid-visors, if U don't already know by now...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cc in nj in Blackwood, New Jersey

89 months ago

does anybody have a comment on cardinal in swedesboro, nj?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brugandy40yarder rolloff in California

89 months ago

Anonymous As Well in Hilliard, Ohio said: I sure as heck would like to know how you can talk to a REAL PERSON at Cardinal Health. I've tried calling there twice asking about a position that I applied for and they put me into an automated voice system. Are you telling me that someone LIVE talks to one of us outsiders???

Why would you pursue employment with a company that can't be bothered to take or return your call. They can't be bothered with you why bother yourself with them ? Its thier loss not yours. Good find a compnay that offers you some respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Dont worry. I have moved on from the job that I applied to at this location. I've heard different things about the company anyways. I'd be dumb not to move onto other companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

someone in Kidron, Ohio

89 months ago

I found it easy to land an interview, as well as an offer. I made an offer to them first. Offered the various skills that I can use in the position that I applied for. I didn't even get home from the interview before they called to offer me the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

anonymous said: I would not recommend applying at Cardinal

There's always 1800-HRSTOP1. HAHAHAHAH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

88 months ago

luv all of U :>)-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

all i need to know is.... in Chula Vista, California

88 months ago

all i need to know is what kind of drug test does this company use??? thank you for your help in advance!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Shelley in Rancho Cordova, California

88 months ago

all i need to know is.... in Chula Vista, California said: all i need to know is what kind of drug test does this company use??? thank you for your help in advance!!!!

If your are worried about what kind of drug test they use....then you SHOULD NOT work there... go to rehab!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Shouldnt Laugh in Hilliard, Ohio

88 months ago

... they're trying to make me go to rehab, I said a-no, no, no ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Hilliard, Ohio

88 months ago

Imagine that ... I got a call from someone at Cardinal Health on Friday about my resume that I submitted to them over a month ago. So there are real, live people that work there! I returned her call and she called me back today. We did a 'phone screening' for the position. Hmm, I kind of wonder if I will get a call back or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Me again in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

Here is an update on this interview and what worked for me. Before the interview, i typed a 1 page profile of what i can offer Cardinal Health. I handed it to the interviewers as i walked into the interview room. They were so impressed that i had already done the work of spelling out what i can offer instead of having to go through a bunch of questions to figure it out themselves. The interview was pretty casual and was composed of 1 part personality and 1 part technical skills. I got a call before i even got home from the interview, offering me the job (they make a verbal offer first to see if you will bite). Contrary to what everyone is saying, I found the management to be caring and very friendly. I think they just want to find people who are not afraid to take initiative and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Best of luck to all of you, and keep your heads up... it took me a year and a half to get in. Be persistant and don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen C in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

What a great idea. You took the extra step to show them that you werent there just for an interview, but to prove to them that you can do the job. I have an interview with the folks at OSU on Friday and I am very much thinking that I am going to do the same thing as you did. Great idea!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen C in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

Would you care to share the format that you used to put your one page profile together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Lombard, Illinois

88 months ago

if anyone needs hlp in finding a job in the Chicago area
you might want to try a company that helped me and a few of my co-workers get great jobs!!! They treated us very well.

Most agencies treat you like a number because they have quotas and the all mighty dollar is what they look for. It's horrible when you are not treated right.

Try Strategic Talent in the Chicago area. They were very nice to me and treated me excellent.
This is the email of the recruiter that we all used.She was great to work with.

hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com Her name is Jeanna.
Send your resume and what kind of job you want.
Good Luck!”
P,S, I have read some f the comments and it is so sad how people are treated when they job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

badboy in San Diego, California

85 months ago

I worked for Cardinal Health in San Diego, and there are privilage group that they do not do nothing all da, and the supervior protect them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

85 months ago

badboy in San Diego, California said: I worked for Cardinal Health in San Diego, and there are privilage group that they do not do nothing all da, and the supervior protect them.

YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MARK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anyone in San Diego, California

85 months ago

well brandon missippi, san diego is in trouble. Incompitent managers managing incompitent employees that show up enough to get paid. I have never as a professional witnessed or worked in an environment where people are treated and allowed to treat each other the way they do at Cardinal. The good-ole-boy mentality is alive and well - but they will never admit it. The ones that are supposed to be there to spot and deal with it can't see it because they too are as much to blame for its existence. I have associates that have worked there who tell stories and can site examples of poor and no management of personnel, racism (yes that term that noone likes to hear), nepatism (I hire my buddies and they hire their buddies regardless of whether their qualified or not), etc, etc, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art Vandalay in Warwick, Rhode Island

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at cardinal health? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Any comments from people working in the Providence, RI Cardinal office?

Hortence in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

Shelley in Rancho Cordova, California said: If your are worried about what kind of drug test they use....then you SHOULD NOT work there... go to rehab!

Hey, where's the love? Just tell us man! Dont discriminate.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.