Need to know whether the mail id was fake or correct

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

vijay,India in Tritala, India

17 months ago

Hi,

This is vijay, kindly help me out with this. I got one mail regarding a career-jobs which was attached with small HR questioniare and a personnal details form which was filled and forwarded to them with undersign. finally i got an appointment letter with a designation as junior mechanical engineer in cargill company from mail ID jobs@cargill-usa.com adressed by William A Buckner Senior Vice president as
William A. Buckner
Senior Vice President
Cargill Corporate Human Resources
© Corporate Headquarters Cargill Company USA
please help me out with this. If it is not fake means i dont want to loose the opportunity.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijaykumar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

no.An interview form was there in that 5-6 questions were there.I filled with pen and sent it back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

If you get any details.Please inform me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arunforce1@gmail.com in Pondicherry, India

17 months ago

Yha i too got received an email that i have been appointed as a assistant electrical engineer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

Me too got the same mail.In the appointment letter they are saying to join on or before 1st may.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

vijay in Hyderabad, India

17 months ago

So, what we do now? proceed or not!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sundar in Chennai, India

17 months ago

I too received this appointment letter. It's better if anyone could contact the Cargill US office directly or the US embassy in India to have clear information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

ya.....what to do now..???
when i mailed cargill us directly..they mailed me like this mentioned below..
Anoop,

We only accept job resumes and applications at our online job portal site. To be considered for employment at Cargill Incorporated, we ask that you submit your information through our career section on www.cargill.com - Careers.

By submitting a profile, you will be able to manage the information you share with us, as well as be alerted to new opportunities matching the criteria you establish. We encourage you to enter/update your candidate record on www.cargill.com - Careers.

Click on Careers, then choose “Careers by Country”.
Click on the location of interest to you: Cargill Careers in the U.S., Mexico, Singapore
Choose University Recruiting, Professional or Production & Maintenance.
Select “Search Jobs”. Apply or submit a resume using the “My Account Options”
Follow instructions to submit your resume and be considered for employment opportunities at Cargill.
OR
After selecting “Careers by Country”, then choose “Browse Cargill Jobs” to see a non-comprehensive list of additional countries.
Select the country of choice, and then the location. To apply for a position, select “Apply Online” and follow the instructions to submit your resume and be considered for employment at Cargill.
You must apply for the position you are interested in.
Your application is not complete until you click on submit (last page of the application)

Anshul

17 months ago

Even i got the mail from this. but for me attache is different.

US Immigration Attaché
Contact Person: Walter T. Douglas
E-mail: usvisa@usembassy-gov.info
Office Hours: 9am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Saturday

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

i got from this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

Anshul said: Even i got the mail from this. but for me attache is different.

US Immigration Attaché
Contact Person: Walter T. Douglas
E-mail: usvisa@usembassy-gov.info
Office Hours: 9am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Saturday

what was the content of the mail...??

AJ in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

i too got offer from same mail id jobs@cargill-usa.com for assistant manager projects. I checked with lot of sources, my findings says

1) company told to apply for a L1 visa, getting US visa these days is too strict. An L1 visa costs approx 1.5 lacks indian currency which is non refundable if u fail in visa application process and clearing the processes are not so easy. L1 visa requires a min exp of 1 year in their sister concern in india which we dont have. So that itself makes it fake.

2) cargill usa's employees mail id ends with @cargill.com not as @cargill-usa.com. For recruiting us(not US) why should companies senior vice president HR should coordinate for everything????

3) The US Consular's mail id which i got was

US Immigration Attach
Contact Person: Consular. Cliff Williams
E-mail: cliffwilliams@usembassy-gov.info

This @usembassy-gov.info is a fake id plus its not registered in US this mail id is owned in UK.

4) To reveal their trick i mailed them as u can deduct the amount from my salary and you arrange visa. for that they sent me appointment letter. thats another point which proves its fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

US embassy at chennai works from 8.30 to 5.30 pm not 9 to 5 pm.thats another point which makes it fake

Gnana Prakash in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

Hi guys I also have got same emails .. Kindly help.. I am also getting same feeling as you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gnana Prakash in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

Hey I also got the same mails . and have a feeling tht they are fake

Anoop.M in Kollam, India

17 months ago

Its fake na..?

NANAK in Kolkata, India

17 months ago

vijay,India in Tritala, India said: Hi,

This is vijay, kindly help me out with this. I got one mail regarding a career-jobs which was attached with small HR questioniare and a personnal details form which was filled and forwarded to them with undersign. finally i got an appointment letter with a designation as junior mechanical engineer in cargill company from mail ID jobs@cargill-usa.com adressed by William A Buckner Senior Vice president as
William A. Buckner
Senior Vice President
© Corporate Headquarters Cargill Company USA
please help me out with this. If it is not fake means i dont want to loose the opportunity.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijaykumar

I have also received an offer from CARGILL USA from the same mail ID and asked to contact Walter T. Buckner.
Now the US embassy person asking me to submit Rs. 25000.00 to his secretary's HDFC Bank account, which I found pretty suspicious.
I have also asked CARGILL USA to call me back which they have done but while speaking with them I feel uncomfortable as their pronounciation is not like an American and why the hell a Senior Vice President will call me and whenever I am asking for their Phone# they are denying to provide me that.
In my openion this is fraud. But if you got any other updates please share.

Nanak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

@nanak: dude wat u said is right why the hell should a vice president beg to us for paying visa charges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anshul

17 months ago

Now i am sure its fake. i was not sure because no one has asked for money. Now when this embassy person is asking for 25K i am sure its fake.

anees in Chennai, India

17 months ago

Anshul said: Now i am sure its fake. i was not sure because no one has asked for money. Now when this embassy person is asking for 25K i am sure its fake.

Pls do provide ur contact number to discuss on this as i also got the application n interview form ....once u get any info pls inform me ....i tried contacting them as said the language is different and moreover they transferred the call n was not picked up ....i tried many times.....

akhil2get in Bangalore, India

17 months ago

Its a fake one. I had caleed the US embassy in INDIA n spoke to them n thy said tht its a completely fake one where thy ask us to handle all the visa charges ourselves and thy take money from us for the visa approval n later thy never show up.. Be careful friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

anees in Delhi, India

17 months ago

Better not to think but hve to compliant to USA police

NANAK in Kolkata, India

16 months ago

anees in Chennai, India said: Pls do provide ur contact number to discuss on this as i also got the application n interview form ....once u get any info pls inform me ....i tried contacting them as said the language is different and moreover they transferred the call n was not picked up ....i tried many times.....

I had contacted the Cargil Company USA,they clearly told me that its a fake Job offer. They never reach for suitable candidates...you have to go in their Website and apply.
If you are suitable enough they will contact you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jayteerth bangalore in Chennai, India

16 months ago

Yes guys even i received the same and was offered project engineer position i also asked them from where did u got my email id for that they sent the appointment letter its FRAUD...! we need to discuss how only we all have received this nonsense and report to cyber police.

Prathap P Nair in Kollam, India

16 months ago

Guys

Don't jump into any traps you have google na
search for cargill you would get there site . They have offices in india also . If u need more clarification about this visit this page and call on that number listed there

www.cargill.co.in/en/contacts/index.jsp

Arun in Chennai, India

16 months ago

Hi,
I also received the similar email and today I got the agreement letter and offered as Technical manager without ay interview happened (either phone r face 2 face).

I read the forum fully and understand that its fake. What will happen if I ask them to pay the full amount for my visa processing and detect it from my salary later stage?

Please reply.

Thanks,
- Arun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Niketa in Pune, India

15 months ago

Hey guys,
I too received a mail from william A. Buckner few days back and proceeded to interview n now agreement letter, asked to mail d documents of my exp n qualification asap for the visa proceedings n evrythng.. but before doing that wanted to if its completely authentic or not but reading all your comments seems its a complete fake.. really thnkful to u all found this on d ryt tym.. thanks to u all

Niketa

velmurugan in India

15 months ago

Hi...
i too got similar mails like you guys. Dont know whether to believe it or not.Did u got any further communications from them. Is it really fake or actually real. what about your next mail u got from them.
share your exp. so it could really help me also others....

LYDIA GEORGE in India

15 months ago

hi friends.. i received an agreement form.which i did not reply.i asked them to give details of the place they have appointed me as an employer in their company<also i asked them to pay the visa charges so that they can deduct it from my salary if i join to work in cargill company.... i did not get any reply after this ...so i think this is fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chandra in Erode, India

14 months ago

Hi

I am also received the same letters from cargill.

William A. Buckner
Senior Vice President
© Corporate Headquarters Cargill Company USA.

B in Jersey City, New Jersey

14 months ago

•Let me begin with the most suspicious part – No company will ever send you a word document especially when they are offering a job. Remember this – if it’s not on a letterhead, it’s not official.
•The grammar, sentence structure CLEARLY suggests that it’s written by someone whose first language was not English. (eg. On the first page, the first few lines of the paragraph that starts with However is complete non-sense. I can guess. whoever wrote this did not pay attention when his English teacher was teaching grammar)
•Look closely at the English in the word doc. I wanted to list out all the blunders but there are so many that I dint knew where to start)
•“Encored”…..what does that mean ???
•I have worked with A LOT of Americans, no one ever says 7,500 Dollars. It should be $7500.
•Any official who is directly or indirectly working for a government department will never give his/her mobile number.
•The US Embassy timings are not 09.00 to 05.00. newdelhi.usembassy.gov/hours2.html
•The person who wrote this letter might have never seen an official letter. Poor chap.
•August 13th ?? Seriously ?? Common man, a new job starts on a Monday.
•What does monthly salary and annual salary “takes” home mean ?
•“Working time ??”, “Startup date” which language is this ?
•“You are entitled to 1 month Paid Leave which can be taken once at a time or 2 weeks apart from one different period” – can someone explain what this means ?
•“I shall inform you if there is any other documents you are to produce before the Visa officials in the absent of the documents your employer has sent on your behalf and the ones you are to produce below.” – This sentence is enough to prove that this is written by someone who did not get thru the high school.
•There is a reference of “Xerox Copy”. The last time I checked, its called “Photo Copy” and not Xerox Copy.
•Does it take only 7 working days to get the VISA ?? Might be, if we apply for a visa for Bhutan.

B in Jersey City, New Jersey

14 months ago

• US Payroll is a biweekly which means you get paid for every two weeks and not for the month.
• I pity the guy who wrote these letters. He should have at least copied the language from someone else’s offer letter. This looks soo amateur.
• A first year stock broker in NYC do not get $90,000 as take home salary.
• The visa fees as per the website is $190 and not $450 as mentioned in the letter.
www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/03/187114.htm

Do I still need to explain if this is fake or real ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kiruba shankar in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

1 month ago

Gotta a mail from SPX corporation from similar content. They have sent questionnaire and contract agreement, which i stupidly believed and progressed for it and filled all. I searched for SPX scam mail and didnt get anything and proceeded, now again searched for US Immigration Attaché and found this webpage, and searched for chance brown mail and found this webpage

www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=87540&p=212846#p212846

Been a fool over this, please people act over it.

SPX corporation scam e-mail, Chance brown scam, SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.