CARQUEST Auto Parts News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does CARQUEST Auto Parts stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

FRANK SCHMIDT in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

GOT TO BE BETTER THANTHE FREAKING LEPRUCHANSFROM SPRINGFIELD MO THEY ARE CUT THROAT AND WILL TAKE YOU DOWN IN A HEART BEAT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MULDER in Mountain View, California

82 months ago

FRANK SCHMIDT in Saint Louis, Missouri said: GOT TO BE BETTER THANTHE FREAKING LEPRUCHANSFROM SPRINGFIELD MO THEY ARE CUT THROAT AND WILL TAKE YOU DOWN IN A HEART BEAT

I agree. I was laid-off, along with 10 others @ CQ. I've gone to the lepruchan, and it's not like CQ. They are vicious and will do what it takes. Our problem is a terrible DM(will lie to your face) and a manager who just doesn't get it. But there is hope. CQ needs another counterman, and they tell me I've got the shot. Anything to get out of live green. Be brave. Hope is on the future. Mulder

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Warwick, Rhode Island

81 months ago

MULDER in Mountain View, California said: I agree. I was laid-off, along with 10 others @ CQ. I've gone to the lepruchan, and it's not like CQ. They are vicious and will do what it takes. Our problem is a terrible DM(will lie to your face) and a manager who just doesn't get it. But there is hope. CQ needs another counterman, and they tell me I've got the shot. Anything to get out of live green. Be brave. Hope is on the future. Mulder

Mulder/spooky from the worldpac forum ? Dave carquest in woonsocket, ri.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

worldpac who?????????????? in Bristol, Tennessee

81 months ago

yeah Dave ,it's the spooky one here. laid off and heartbroken. the synagogue had 'em go around and lay off a bunch. so I'mstill @ the green. but @ countrman @ yahoo froups me and skidmark, and a bunch still get together. I sure miss it tho'. Talk, and I'll listen. Mulder(spookier all the time)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

MULDER in Bristol, Tennessee

81 months ago

dave in Warwick, Rhode Island said: Mulder/spooky from the worldpac forum ? Dave carquest in woonsocket, ri.

thanks dave for asking. KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER. MULDER(SPOOKY TILL THE END)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Why Ask in Anonymous

64 months ago

Well, there's been lay offs going on at CQ for at least a year and there will continue to be lay offs so that they can continue to pay off the private jet, it's fuel, and all the other amenities for the so called president of the company and all his "yes men" as we call them. The stores are understaffed, the rate of pay is ridiculously low, the staff is overworked, and almost never praised for good. As far as the product, it's average. They try to sell quality, but be honest CQ, your product is average yet overpriced. There's always a flavor of the month idea that sounds great but is never followed through. Like that ask Temple thing, what a joke, when T3 said he was going to answer every question, then only answered like a total of 10 questions.

Anyways, I personally wish all employees who are still employed at Carquest and who are looking to join Carquest all the best, but I truly don't believe this company will last through this economic rut, at least not without the help of BofA and a new leadership team with the same values that Temple Jr. once had when he opened his first CQ store.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

AutoPartsPerson in Owings Mills, Maryland

63 months ago

Why Ask in Anonymous said: Well, there's been lay offs going on at CQ for at least a year and there will continue to be lay offs so that they can continue to pay off the private jet, it's fuel, and all the other amenities for the so called president of the company and all his "yes men" as we call them. The stores are understaffed, the rate of pay is ridiculously low, the staff is overworked, and almost never praised for good. As far as the product, it's average. They try to sell quality, but be honest CQ, your product is average yet overpriced. There's always a flavor of the month idea that sounds great but is never followed through. Like that ask Temple thing, what a joke, when T3 said he was going to answer every question, then only answered like a total of 10 questions.

Anyways, I personally wish all employees who are still employed at Carquest and who are looking to join Carquest all the best, but I truly don't believe this company will last through this economic rut, at least not without the help of BofA and a new leadership team with the same values that Temple Jr. once had when he opened his first CQ store.

Good luck.

I was always told that the Carquest quality, as indicated by the co-branding, was better than most, ie Akebono, Denso etc. I was also under the impression that the highly sucessful WorldPac was greatly benefiting the existing Carquest locations and presenting a very formidable combined force.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mulder in Bristol, Tennessee

55 months ago

I wish all the remaining employees at CQ the best. It's a vicious unemploment world out there. I'll be selling parts for NAPA or being the new sales manager at my brothers used car lot.<p>
The cheap parts and high prices killed them; and they can't compete with the others.<p>
And all this new gadgetry they have doesn't help the customers; it was only a burden to the sales people.<p>
As long as they got a fair price, and they liked who they dealt with, it's better to hand write invoices and look it up in a book; talk about cost savings.<p>
And last but not least, CQ should have always let the store dictate the process to the community. The store always knew better than the Corp offices. <[>
I wish you all the luck in the world guys. This is Spooky Mulder; out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

J in IL

21 months ago

AutoPartsPerson in Owings Mills, Maryland said: I was always told that the Carquest quality, as indicated by the co-branding, was better than most, ie Akebono, Denso etc. I was also under the impression that the highly sucessful WorldPac was greatly benefiting the existing Carquest locations and presenting a very formidable combined force.

The down side is that while WorldPac is a fairly decent import parts source, it competes directly with it's own stores. Worldpac sells directly to customers even in towns where there is a carquest, and the cq stores do not get a cut.

I am concerned about all the the executives bailing out of CQ right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carquest employee in San Diego, California

20 months ago

They r not bailing out they were asked to leave but it is all to look at the fact that cq is selling their 1400 jv stores to the highest bidded

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

spooky mulder in Bristol, Tennessee

20 months ago

Well I knew it would eventually happen. After Father Sloan retired and let T3 take over; it went down-hill after that.
I hate it for the friends I still have there. I knew it was in bad shape; when I called corporate to get some papers I needed and a Janitor answered the phone!! I asked him what was going on; that he a Janitor was answering the phone; and he filled my ears with too much information.
He told me that CQ had started selling of properties(and that's all I'll say)......
Good Luck CQ people..damn; it breaks my heart....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ejworx in Charlotte, North Carolina

20 months ago

I was one of their corporate graphic artists from '05 to 08'and I was front and center with all key players. I had to move out of RDU towards Charlotte, NC for work now but I have kept in touch with my CQ family. I agree, T2 was such an amazing boss. While I had no problems with T3 I heard a lot of stories. When T3 took the helm, that's when things changed for the worse. I will miss the long hours, at times but it was a team then.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

redeagle

6 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does CARQUEST Auto Parts stack up against the competition?

As of today CQ is own by Advance Auto Parts so the game has changed and from here we need to see if Advance will keep trying to improve their ego like Autozone or if they are going to think about the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.