Celanese News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Celanese stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

SH in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
How does Celanese stack up against the competition?
This job was filled a long time ago. For some reason it keeps coming up as open position. The gentleman that holds this position is still there and happy in his job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jg in Irving, Texas

89 months ago

I recently interviewed for this position. First, the hiring manager brought me in from 8:30 – about 3:00. No offer for lunch, nothing to drink. There was a water fountain however. I sat there in an office chair during everyone’s lunch hour waiting for my next appointment. So hungry by the time it was over I could not wait to leave. Second, the organization is heavy with very good MBBs, at both the corporate and local levels. During the interview I kept asking myself “why are you hiring another MBB.” I mentally checked out after the first interview and knew I did not want to risk leaving my current position to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

SH in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

I could not help but smile at the JG's experience. Looks like these days managers have a difficult time making decisions - they need all day to interview and they need a group concensus to do anything at all. Big companies like Vought, PNM, EDS, Capital One, Celanese all have lengthy interview processes with little or no concern for the interviewees. With the effort that they put into the interview practices, these companies still fail to avoid the revolving door of employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Plano, Texas

84 months ago

I have the same experience, the interview lasted for 3 hours and no water/drink offerred and even not a minute break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

geobj in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Sounds like they are fulfilling some requirement to interview outside people, while they promote internally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shelby in Flower Mound, Texas

77 months ago

Not a good place to work. Age discrimination is out of control. Hiring practices are non compliant. HR function is a failure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sceptical in Dallas, Texas

31 months ago

Give lots of serious thought before joining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.