Ceridian News and Happenings.

Comments (35)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ceridian stack up against the competition?

Bob in Arvada, Colorado

98 months ago

Ceridian is strugling with its identity and what direction it wants to go. Needs to put money into its technology to create its future.

snobs111 in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

Ceridian will be sold. Layoffs will come once the sale is final.
The only 2 assets remaining with this mismanaged company is their customer list and the cash flow created by 1. the payroll processing and 2. Comdata debit cards.

The Corporate Headquarters was sold years ago and is now leased as is all their domestic offices. The hardware is DEC held together with spit and barbwire.

Compared to their competitors - the payroll product is not up to par - ADP, Paychecx, etc are more technologically current. The Time Clock product is not reliable. The Human Resource services are perferred over ADP by their customer base.

Former Tax Developer in Garden Grove, California

98 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Ceridian currently laying off 14 developers and outsourcing programming
to India.

Social Commentary in Lake Zurich, Illinois

98 months ago

snobs111 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ceridian will be sold. Layoffs will come once the sale is final.
The only 2 assets remaining with this mismanaged company is their customer list and the cash flow created by 1. the payroll processing and 2. Comdata debit cards.

The Corporate Headquarters was sold years ago and is now leased as is all their domestic offices. The hardware is DEC held together with spit and barbwire.

Compared to their competitors - the payroll product is not up to par - ADP, Paychecx, etc are more technologically current. The Time Clock product is not reliable. The Human Resource services are perferred over ADP by their customer base.

Wow...these comments are pretty damaging to Ceridian's Employer Brand.

W Power in Sun Valley, California

97 months ago

Ceridian (CEN) announced yet another change in their senior management as of 05/14/2007; in a continuing pattern of punishment to those persons wishing to make positive change. You're better served by taking a wait-and-see approach before considering employment with this company.

If I knew then What I know No in Brea, California

97 months ago

Before you decide that, you must be the luckiest person in the world, begin to dance in the hallways, or bet the house on your favorite race, be aware and very careful of your career choice. Fidelity National Financial has purchased Ceridian. For details, please see Ceridian (CEN) agrees to be bought for $5.3B <biz.yahoo.com/rb/070531/ceridian.html?.v=1>.

BTW, you're probably one of the luckiest persons in the world; just a little naïve ...

Disappointed in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

95 months ago

More lay offs coming. Serious problems with systems. Clients upset.

Same Ole in Anaheim, California

86 months ago

Since the merger of last year, nothing has changed. It's still the same ole, same ole thing! Raise only your hopes to have them thrown in your face. Hard work simply makes you tired and hasn't increased your pay!

JOH in Metro Detroit, Michigan

85 months ago

As a soon to be Workforce Adjusted employee, I can tell you that the happiness, commensurate and security quotient have been low since becoming Ceridian. Now it's gone. Thanks, Same Ole and Dissapointed. Hope you fare better!

SavageRod in Detroit, Michigan

85 months ago

A private firm I was hired to was bought by Ceridian back in 2002. Their employee benefit services were so backwards. For a little while it seemed like they were willing to learn from our experience and processes but in the end they raped our resources and killed relationships we had with clients. I left in December after seeing the writing on the wall. Ceridian is closing the Birmingham, MI office in June.

It seems to me that the Ceridian Benefit Services division is ran mainly by personality. It also seems they have decided that the business is dead and needs to be sold off. God help you if they do your payroll or benefit services.

formercen in Westland, Michigan

83 months ago

My god, Ceridian tore apart a perfectly good company and ruined all the relationships with the customers. I too worked for that private firm with SavageRod. They closed the branch with the highest margins and highest customer service ratings. Easily, this branch pulled in 2-4M in profit for Ceridian. Now relations are so bad with customers, they'll surely lose that profit. Typical GE move from Kathy Marinello. Best of luck CEN, you'll need it. I am so glad that I am gone.

JO88 in Royal Oak, Michigan

83 months ago

To JOH and SavageRod and former cen - thanks for responding and piping up. If you know me, email me at home please.

The good years are over - the nervous years over too! Upward and Onward!

82 months ago

SavageRod in Detroit, Michigan said: A private firm I was hired to was bought by Ceridian back in 2002. Their employee benefit services were so backwards. For a little while it seemed like they were willing to learn from our experience and processes but in the end they raped our resources and killed relationships we had with clients. I left in December after seeing the writing on the wall. Ceridian is closing the Birmingham, MI office in June.

It seems to me that the Ceridian Benefit Services division is ran mainly by personality. It also seems they have decided that the business is dead and needs to be sold off. God help you if they do your payroll or benefit services.

December 11th - 2002. The only good thing I can add is our Closure Manager and colleague developed a plan to keep us going another 5+ years. Then he had no choice but to follow orders. We'd all be much younger and just as qualified if they'd closed us then. AE didn't happen by 12-11 - and called to sudden meeting, there we were all told, don't worry, be happy...KM and JS came next. Center of Excellence is what Bob rose us to and it didn't matter diddly in the end.

What a waste of talent!

82 months ago

I'd like to send a message to Kathryn Marinello. Anyone got a clue what her email address is? I know her assistant will read it, but I'd still like to make the attempt. I've tried kathryn.marinello@ceridian.com, kathryn_marinello@ceridian.com and kathryn.v.marinello@ceridian.com

Those all failed. Anyone got a clue?

Carl Crumpler in New York, New York
Hi, Carl - Why do you ask? Your post is not on the site.

Post the question and you'll probably get an answer...

SavageRod in Detroit, Michigan

76 months ago

Just want to add that if you want to know the culture at Ceridian just watch the Office Space movie.

Ceridian is an evil corporation that represents all that is soulless and wrong!

EDGE1989 in Conyers, Georgia

75 months ago

JO88 in Royal Oak, Michigan said: I'd like to send a message to Kathryn Marinello. Anyone got a clue what her email address is? I know her assistant will read it, but I'd still like to make the attempt. I've tried kathryn.marinello@ceridian.com, kathryn_marinello@ceridian.com and kathryn.v.marinello@ceridian.com

Those all failed. Anyone got a clue?

Carl Crumpler in New York, New York
Hi, Carl - Why do you ask? Your post is not on the site.

Post the question and you'll probably get an answer...

According to her Web Bio, it's kathryn.marinello@ceridian.com

Huskyup in St Petersburg, Florida

69 months ago

I worked there. Beware beware beware...Nobody should do business with a corp. that traets their employees worse than dogs.

Huskyup in St Petersburg, Florida

69 months ago

formercen in Westland, Michigan said: My god, Ceridian tore apart a perfectly good company and ruined all the relationships with the customers. I too worked for that private firm with SavageRod. They closed the branch with the highest margins and highest customer service ratings. Easily, this branch pulled in 2-4M in profit for Ceridian. Now relations are so bad with customers, they'll surely lose that profit. Typical GE move from Kathy Marinello. Best of luck CEN, you'll need it. I am so glad that I am gone.

I too had the dis-pleasure of working for Ceridian under Sue Levatino. All i can say is these people areruthless, terrible decisions makers, and have run the company so far into the ground and have made so many enemies...that they will never recover in a million years. It's a sinking ship.

JO88 in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Huskyup in St Petersburg, Florida said: I too had the dis-pleasure of working for Ceridian under Sue Levatino. All i can say is these people areruthless, terrible decisions makers, and have run the company so far into the ground and have made so many enemies...that they will never recover in a million years. It's a sinking ship.

Hopefully you'll find employment easily in FL. Our location shut-down in MI has left many of us still unemployed. 1 year, 2 mos. now. What happens after the last unemployment check? Interviewing, applying, recruiters, job fairs, restaurants, retail - I just want to work! At least as a location, we were happy there together and exceeded expectations. MI is very scary now and winter is coming...

CENInsider in Surgarland, Texas

67 months ago

Looking into my crystal ball -- I see an eminent sale of Ceridian to Lawson Systems. Quite a convenient deal as Lawson HQ is right across the river in St Paul, MN. And how convenient that Pramoud Mathur is the Product Development Manager for Ceridian's new flagship product "InView". Mr. Mathur used to be the Product Development Manager at Lawson. Current Ceridian employees are getting the mushroom treatment when it comes to InView. To add to this, the owners (TH Lee and FNF)of Ceridian are actively looking at ways to dispose of their non revenue generating investments.

xlt in Decatur, Georgia

67 months ago

Not likely. After just 1 yr, Pramod isn't working out. Was supposed to drive product vision - but is too technical and tactical. Poor communication skills too. No interest in the market or the Sales / Account Executive teams.

67 months ago

Political correctness has gone too far at Ceridian. Veterans Day was yesterday and there was no (zero/zip/nada) recognition for those who have served our country or given the ultimate sacrifice from management. Ceridian continues to betray it's country by laying off US workers and replacing them with cheap labor in India, Mexico, and Mauritius.

64 months ago

Buh - Bye Kathryn Marinello. You will NOT be missed. What goes around comes around.

Rover in Alpharetta, Georgia

64 months ago

What happened??

JB in Minneapolis, Minnesota

64 months ago

CENInsider in Surgarland, Texas said: Political correctness has gone too far at Ceridian. Veterans Day was yesterday and there was no (zero/zip/nada) recognition for those who have served our country or given the ultimate sacrifice from management. Ceridian continues to betray it's country by laying off US workers and replacing them with cheap labor in India, Mexico, and Mauritius.

THis is a horrible company to work for!!!!

64 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

No, I work there and this company is definitely not thriving. Layoffs continue. Management is horrible. It is the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is downright abusive. They are a payroll company, yet can't even get their employee pay correct! And they put client data at risk. The Comdata division is even worse. Do not work here. You will be sorry!!

64 months ago

SavageRod in Detroit, Michigan said: Just want to add that if you want to know the culture at Ceridian just watch the Office Space movie.

Ceridian is an evil corporation that represents all that is soulless and wrong!

You are spot on with this comment!! It is the most evil company I've had the misfortunate of being employed by but not by choice- they purchased our small growing company and destroyed it! Losing clients and employees in record numbers. Horrible, horrible place and evil management!!!

JO88 in Detroit, Michigan

63 months ago

I worked with SRod and agree completely. Still out of work. Thanks, Ceridian...

WMW in Florence, South Carolina

57 months ago

As a former employee of Ceridian of 13 years, my prospective has been skewed by the deterioration and instability of management at the highest level. There are several good people who work or have worked for Ceridian and have put their whole hearts into the business and believed in it, like myself. However after being laid off from a job I loved after 9 years of dedication, I grasped at straws to take another position that had me traveling from Northern California to North Carolina to take on a job with their HRO Division. I was devistated by the state of management and lack of employee engagement. The one reliable asset that this company had was its employees. HRO proved to me that the concern for the business overshadowed the care and concern of its employee asset. As a result, Ceridian made the decision to close it's HRO facilities in North Carolina and is shipping the services to Petersburg, FL. As per current corporate cultured environments, employees in the Raleigh area facility have to reapply for their jobs if they are interested in moving to Petersburg.

If Ceridian Benefits Services is an example of what the move will result, I see that HRO will be no more in the coming years. It's the youngest arm of the business and is a 'hot mess' from the inside. I would not recommend anyone getting close to working for this segment of the business. It's burning ship striving to stay afloat and douse the fires at the same time.

After 7 months, I have taken a wonderful position with Ceridian's major competition -- ADP, in a non-direct payroll position and I couldn't be happier! In the almost 2 weeks of employment, I feel very valued and that there is a future here. I feel right at home here and it's so nice to wake up and want to come to a place that makes you feel good about the work that you do and the customers that you serve.

:( in Shakopee, Minnesota

46 months ago

Sigh...I just gave my notice. I don't have another job but need to get away from this train wreck. I've never seen such blatant negligence. The senior leadership team at Ceridian should be ashamed for how they treat their staff. These comments sadden me because this is not a new problem. It's been going on for years with no improvement. I am actually someone who feels very loyal to Ceridian and have tried so hard to do the very best I can for this company. Perhaps the loyalty I feel is not so much for "Ceridian" but rather for the many people I support at this company. I know that I am taking with me knowledge that won't be replaced. The senior staff have the mind set that everyone is replaceable. That might be true for a more stable company who is desirable to work for. I have lost benefits since I started here. Somehow the senior leadership team feels that taking away bonus eligibility for their staff is justifiable even when they choose to keep the bonuses for themselves. It's really very ironic because the are the ones who are destroying the company. It's not folks like me who actually make it all happen...and there are a lot of us. I see employee after employee who are just devastated by the continual abuse (and it really feels like it is abuse). I made a decision that I am a valuable employee and will never be appreciated at this self imploding company. Employee engagement survey after survey with negative results and all they can say is "we had really positive feedback about everyone's direct manager". WHAT? They clearly chose the one and only positive spin that the survey represented. I don't know of one person that didn't rip the company to shreds in the survey but they sugar coat it and it's kind of like a substance abuse user...until you admit that you are sick you won't get better. It's been so painful to endure this. :(

bulldog in Alpharetta, Georgia

46 months ago

The environment described in the last comment is the same, exact environment that existed at Ceridian all the way back to 2006 when Marinello arrived. It is hard to believe that this negative environment could persist for so long. Can't imagine what it is like for folks still there. We were mentally drained back in 2008! Glad I left.

46 months ago

To "bulldog in Alpharett, Georgia"...I think what you just said is what struck me most about these posts. Things have been so bad for so long...nothing has changed. I guess it's just how they like to run a company. I have never done anything so crazy as to just quit my job without having another one lined up. I have to believe that this risky decision was meant to be...I hope that I find something quickly. I can't wait until I walk out the doors for good. I hope that I can look back, as you are now, and say that I'm so glad I left. My fingers are crossed that this is one of the best decisions I will ever make in my career. your post actually makes me feel better. Maybe this is a great decision.

39 months ago

:( in Shakopee, Minnesota said: To "bulldog in Alpharett, Georgia"...I think what you just said is what struck me most about these posts. Things have been so bad for so long...nothing has changed. I guess it's just how they like to run a company. I have never done anything so crazy as to just quit my job without having another one lined up. I have to believe that this risky decision was meant to be...I hope that I find something quickly. I can't wait until I walk out the doors for good. I hope that I can look back, as you are now, and say that I'm so glad I left. My fingers are crossed that this is one of the best decisions I will ever make in my career. your post actually makes me feel better. Maybe this is a great decision.

Thought I would circle back and update you. I left Ceridian with no job on August 31st, 2011. Best thing I've done in ages. I found a job at United Health Group. They are much more stable which is what I need right now. Ceridian continues to self implode. I am not sure what they are doing...it seems like they are letting the company die (or killing it). I don't recommend Ceridian for anyone, unless you are wanting a short term solution for yourself. Don't count on being happy there long term. Good luck!

(:- in United Kingdom

22 months ago

:( in Shakopee, Minnesota said: Thought I would circle back and update you. I left Ceridian with no job on August 31st, 2011. Best thing I've done in ages. I found a job at United Health Group. They are much more stable which is what I need right now. Ceridian continues to self implode. I am not sure what they are doing...it seems like they are letting the company die (or killing it). I don't recommend Ceridian for anyone, unless you are wanting a short term solution for yourself. Don't count on being happy there long term. Good luck!

Ceridian uk are just as bad!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.