CH2M HILL News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does CH2M HILL stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Applicant in Montgomery, Alabama

87 months ago

I think its a good company. My husband's employer is their biggest client. CH2M Hill is the A/E for Hyundai and Kia Motor. I thought I my chances of landing the HR Generalist position is favorable. So far, I have not received any response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

John Turner, PE in Modesto, California

87 months ago

The company is well positioned in California, do a lot of work for SFPUC, regarding water rights for San Francisco and bay area communities. Their HR accounts are up/down, so be persistent, and iff the ask for an interview, nail it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Christoph in Metairie, Louisiana

84 months ago

It should be noted CH2M was named the 2007 Environmental Firm of the year. However, statements such as those on this site that people are let go after major projects are lost/completed is probably not far from the truth. Its a dog eat dog world though, unfortunately, and so the lesser qualified people who get in on a mass hiring will be let go at that time. Top talent is typically retained.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki Williams in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

There is a great article that ENR did a few months ago that really gives a good explaination of the vision and operation of CH2M Hill. It may be available on ENR but it is still posted in the "press room" center of the CH2M Hill website at www.ch2m.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kid0339 in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Put it this way - HR has been "REORGANIZING" for 6 months, and our directors still can't tell us what they are doing or what is going on. Give me a break - how long does it take to organize an HR Function. 6 Months is ridiculous and reflects the dysfunctional work environment 110%. They've laid off dozens of HRG's, but can't figure out how to make this work. What a disaster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

BN97201 in Portland, Oregon

30 months ago

CH2M HILL is generally viewed by its competitors as a premier company in most of the fields in which it works. Being employee-owned provides a better long-term planning perspective that publicly-traded firms cannot achieve.

As for "Is the company going to survive or thrive?"

Judging from some of the comments here, this question was posed about 5 years ago. Over that time, CH2M HILL gross revenues have increased from $4 billion to $5.4 billion, and profits have increased from $64 million to $175 million (cited values are for 2006 and 2010, the most recent date available, though 2011 is looking substantially better than 2010).

Stock value (available only to employees) has increased over that time from $18.75 to $55.71, an increase of 197 percent.

I'd say the company is thriving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.