What's the company culture at CH2M HILL?

Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at CH2M HILL?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at CH2M HILL?

kid0339 in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at CH2M HILL?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at CH2M HILL?

Senior business group leadership allows unethical, self-centered business development employees to charge phony project numbers and they keep them on after 20+ years in the company, even when the issues of their illegal time charging is brought up to Legal and HR staff. The "news" that this is an ethical company is BS. Until senior management cleans house, including those long term BG Presidents who allow this type of behavior, you will hate this place. I'm trying to get out.

BN97201 in Portland, Oregon

41 months ago

To provide a counterbalance to kid0339, the company culture at CH2M HILL varies depending on your location and your job function. I will speak about my own experience as a member of the engineering/scientific consulting staff. I've worked for the firm in several offices over my more than two decades with CH2M HILL.

Probably the principal thing you'll notice when you start working here is the focus on safety. It's a huge focus of management and it is drilled into every employee over and over. While some may cynically dismiss that as management just wanting to avoid costly claims (and I'm sure that's part of it), I am convinced these guys (and women) truly care about the well-being of our employees. It's too pervasive to fake.

You have to take a certification quiz annually on business conduct/ethics. The firm has been burned by unethical rogue employees in the past and is taking steps to reduce that risk.

As for dress and camaraderie, that varies substantially by location and by work group. Friday evening meetings at a local bar and lunches out together are certainly quite common where I work. Employees often participate in local city leagues as teams and do other activities (such as Habitat for Humanity).

Dress generally is business casual for office workers; field clothes for field staff. You'll occasionally see suit and tie, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

CH2M HILL in Denver, Colorado

32 months ago

" I’ve been a full time teleworker for so long, it’s hard to answer this question. What I’ve observed is a business casual dress code in most offices, with some allowing employees to wear jeans on Fridays. Typically employees within a business group will be housed together around the office, with project teams situated fairly close to each other. When I was in the Oakland office, we had a standing invite to a Friday after work get together normally at the same location. Once a quarter, the gathering would be for a breakfast Friday morning in the office."

Anne V. - CH2M HILL Talent Acquisition Team

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.