Champion Staffing News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think - will Champion Staffing grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Champion Staffing stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

robert schepens in Cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Champion Staffing is a 44 year old company engaged in the Industrial, Office, Administration, Technical and Financial Staffing fields. The company operates 6 local offices: Garfield Hts (Corporate and operating), Mayfield, Mentor, Twinsburg, North Olmsted, Middlefield Ohio. The awards and certifications the company has acquired are: Two Time ERC North Coast 99 Best Companies to work for in NE Ohio, Fortune Magazine: April '08: Top 10 Most Dependable Staffing Firms in CENTRAL USA, Weatherhead 100 Award Winner Twice. Ohio's only DFWP Level II Staffing Service certified by OBWC, NEOhio Business Conference Winner, ISO 9001:2000 Certifed since 2002, Harold B. Nelson National Ethic Award, Vy Pender Ethics Award for Ohio, and over 250 years staff experience. Drug Tests are not done in-house as that creates an unsafe and uncertified testing environment. People are treated as valued workers, not as commodities.
The company employs 8,000 + workers per year, has serviced over 7,500 companies and filled several million assignemnts. MOST of the opportunities are temp to hire, not temp alone. The company advertises the actual PAY of the position. The company does not engage in advertising $X Skill Level positions where the $ are not pay, but what the temp agency bills to the hiring client.
The company created and implemented the "Hiring With Purpose" (TM) hiring system that is targeted, consultative and holistic in its approach to working with clients and workers. It has proven to result in better matches, lower turnover and lower costs. Most importantly it results in higher productivity for the company, therefore higher potential profitability.
The company plans on opening 3 more offices before the end of Q1 '09.
Positions range from $8-$25 per hour, are paid weekly and the company has vacations by time worked, fast temp to hire, safety bonuses and safety training.
All offices are open 7:30am-5:00 M-Fr and there is 24/7 service.
We do our best, but cannot help everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keith_EE in Avon, Ohio

29 months ago

I have a Bachelor of Electrical Engineer degree from Cleveland State University. I have been both an Electrical Engineer and an Electronic Technician. So I have credible job experience.

I signed up at the North Olmsted office. They could never get me a job interview. In fact all I ever did was make weekly calls to check in and they always said to try back later.

What gives? I always see job ads in the paper for Electronic Technicians.

Angela in North Olmsted, OH in Saint Louis, Missouri

29 months ago

Keith -

I am the Manager in the North Olmsted office. Could you please call me at the North Olmsted office. I am not able to post the phone number in the forum. I would like to talk with you about your post above.

Thank You!

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

28 months ago

Angela, thank you for responding but why bother to call you? Is that really going to change anything? Are you new to the North Olmsted office?

There has been only one electronics company that got tired of me bugging them and told me I had to go through a staffing agency. They are in Strongsville. I don't recall if they used your place or another because it's been quite some time.

But anyway, thanks just the same. I do all of my own company research and jobhunting. Besides, since companies won't talk to me, I'm now working on starting my own business.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.