potential trainee question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana

58 months ago

I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.
two questions, if its successfull will they offer a job? second, has anyone failed a background check, what are they looking for?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

still_looking in Santa Clara, California

57 months ago

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana said: I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.
two questions, if its successfull will they offer a job? second, has anyone failed a background check, what are they looking for?

Thanks

Hi brokertrainee,
Did you get an offer from Schwab. I also interviewed with them and heard from the HR today. She is sending me background check forms today and she said that it will take them one week to make a decision. I was wondering how your experience worked out.

Does this mean that Schwab waits from backgroun check results before making an offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Tolleson, Arizona

41 months ago

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana said: I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.

Thanks

Can you please update us, where you offered a position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Tolleson, Arizona

41 months ago

Thanks

Can you please update us, where you offered a position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sr mgr in San Rafael, California

22 months ago

After 2 months of several interviews with Schwab, I was was given the news by HR recruiter that I was the selected candidate for the position, and that the written offer would be presented when I passed the background check, which took 14 days and some explanation of items found in credit report. I passed, they made a good offer that I was asking for, and I accepted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Farmington, Michigan

18 months ago

I just had a phone interview and it seemed to go well.. Im concerned if they do a credit check because I was laid off for 3 years and my credit is shot, plus i have collections judgements on it that Im paying off... does anyone know what they look for? Im not interested in being an advisor, just a technical consultant... thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A Happy Schwabbie in San Jose, California

18 months ago

I too was concerned about the credit check part of the background check. I was interviewing for a non-financial advisor role. I am now a happily employed and well compensated señor manager going on year 2. The entire process was grueling and not for the faint of heart: phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews in the corporate office (2- one-on-ones, and 1 "360" interview), waiting about 2- to 3- weeks in between each step, and when notified the great news from their recruiter that " I was their "selected" candidate, they said a written offer would follow IF I passed the background check I didn't know if I should cry or celebrate. My credit had been in the tank after a job loss and bad investment advice after my house sale, set me behind with three years of payment pain. I had two tax liens I had current payment arrangements on, one judgement due to non payment, and an account in collection, and a charge off They neatly sent me a letter listing these items and the total dollar amount, around $75k. And said they needed further explanation. I asked for a copy of the report they had pulled so i could respond accurately and they sent it to me that same day My response was businesslike, matter of fact, and addressed each item iin order succinctly and truthfully. I started each sentence with , "the Lien 1 was due to ..and explained in one sentence. Same for each item. Matter of fact, direct and honest explanations without personal emotion or long-winded explanations I wrapped up on a positive note and offered further discussion if necessary, and expressed my enthusiasm and desire to be part of their top notch team I had interviewed with. I received no comment other than a thank you note from the recruiter. Then two long weeks later I got the call and wait ten offer on Thursday, and started my Senior Management career with Schwab on Monday! Whew! I did it!! And I am thrilled with the job, the culture,and the pace is on fire as a new Sr Mgr level. Good luck and chin up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Farmington, Michigan

18 months ago

Thank you 'Happy Schwabbie' for getting back to me :) I will take it all in stride, if/when I get a call back... I was hoping they'd let me explain things before jumping to conclusions - afterall, MANY of us were hit hard over the last couple years :( I've learned to be humble and appreciate what I have and have taught my kids to do the same. Im a very positive person and really think I would be an asset to your organization... now I wait to hear back...of course with my chin and spirits up! Thanks again! I truly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

a guy in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Hello, I was wondering does anyone know if Charles Schwab drug tests after the SIFMA test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

blkskull in Phoenix, Arizona

8 months ago

I'm stressed over a 13 year old misdemeanor (shoplifting) that was dismissed. I'd totally forgotten about it, as I was told by the judge I would not have to worry about it. It never came up on any BG check including the one Schwab did which only goes back 5 years. The FBI fingerprint report showed the arrest. Since it was dismissed and I'd long forgotten about it, I had no paperwork on it. But I've requested the paperwork from the court clerk and am waiting for it to arrive.

I'm worried that I will be fired from this new job that I dearly love and went through an intense interview process to earn. I am the sole income in my family, so I am worried and losing sleep.

Thoughts, experiences welcome.

dude in Dallas, Texas

2 hours ago

hello, i am wondering if a very small class c misdemanor theft charge will hurt your chances of getting a trainee position even if its 5 years old? also do they do education verification if a position does not require it? id appreciate any help

dude in Dallas, Texas

2 hours ago

Connie in Farmington, Michigan said: I just had a phone interview and it seemed to go well.. Im concerned if they do a credit check because I was laid off for 3 years and my credit is shot, plus i have collections judgements on it that Im paying off... does anyone know what they look for? Im not interested in being an advisor, just a technical consultant ... thanks

hello, i am wondering if a very small class c misdemanor theft charge will hurt your chances of getting a trainee position even if its 5 years old? also do they do education verification if a position does not require it? id appreciate any help

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.