potential trainee question

Comments (12)

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana

66 months ago

I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.
two questions, if its successfull will they offer a job? second, has anyone failed a background check, what are they looking for?

Thanks

still_looking in Santa Clara, California

65 months ago

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana said: I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.
two questions, if its successfull will they offer a job? second, has anyone failed a background check, what are they looking for?

Thanks

Hi brokertrainee,
Did you get an offer from Schwab. I also interviewed with them and heard from the HR today. She is sending me background check forms today and she said that it will take them one week to make a decision. I was wondering how your experience worked out.

Does this mean that Schwab waits from backgroun check results before making an offer.

Roger in Tolleson, Arizona

49 months ago

brokertrainee in Franklin, Indiana said: I have gone through the process at schwab, phone interview,tests, actual interview, they are now running a background check on me.

Thanks

Can you please update us, where you offered a position?

Roger in Tolleson, Arizona

49 months ago

Thanks

Can you please update us, where you offered a position?

sr mgr in San Rafael, California

30 months ago

After 2 months of several interviews with Schwab, I was was given the news by HR recruiter that I was the selected candidate for the position, and that the written offer would be presented when I passed the background check, which took 14 days and some explanation of items found in credit report. I passed, they made a good offer that I was asking for, and I accepted.

Connie in Farmington, Michigan

26 months ago

I just had a phone interview and it seemed to go well.. Im concerned if they do a credit check because I was laid off for 3 years and my credit is shot, plus i have collections judgements on it that Im paying off... does anyone know what they look for? Im not interested in being an advisor, just a technical consultant... thanks

A Happy Schwabbie in San Jose, California

26 months ago

I too was concerned about the credit check part of the background check. I was interviewing for a non-financial advisor role. I am now a happily employed and well compensated señor manager going on year 2. The entire process was grueling and not for the faint of heart: phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews in the corporate office (2- one-on-ones, and 1 "360" interview), waiting about 2- to 3- weeks in between each step, and when notified the great news from their recruiter that " I was their "selected" candidate, they said a written offer would follow IF I passed the background check I didn't know if I should cry or celebrate. My credit had been in the tank after a job loss and bad investment advice after my house sale, set me behind with three years of payment pain. I had two tax liens I had current payment arrangements on, one judgement due to non payment, and an account in collection, and a charge off They neatly sent me a letter listing these items and the total dollar amount, around $75k. And said they needed further explanation. I asked for a copy of the report they had pulled so i could respond accurately and they sent it to me that same day My response was businesslike, matter of fact, and addressed each item iin order succinctly and truthfully. I started each sentence with , "the Lien 1 was due to ..and explained in one sentence. Same for each item. Matter of fact, direct and honest explanations without personal emotion or long-winded explanations I wrapped up on a positive note and offered further discussion if necessary, and expressed my enthusiasm and desire to be part of their top notch team I had interviewed with. I received no comment other than a thank you note from the recruiter. Then two long weeks later I got the call and wait ten offer on Thursday, and started my Senior Management career with Schwab on Monday! Whew! I did it!! And I am thrilled with the job, the culture,and the pace is on fire as a new Sr Mgr level. Good luck and chin up!

Connie in Farmington, Michigan

26 months ago

Thank you 'Happy Schwabbie' for getting back to me :) I will take it all in stride, if/when I get a call back... I was hoping they'd let me explain things before jumping to conclusions - afterall, MANY of us were hit hard over the last couple years :( I've learned to be humble and appreciate what I have and have taught my kids to do the same. Im a very positive person and really think I would be an asset to your organization... now I wait to hear back...of course with my chin and spirits up! Thanks again! I truly appreciate it.

a guy in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

Hello, I was wondering does anyone know if Charles Schwab drug tests after the SIFMA test?

blkskull in Phoenix, Arizona

17 months ago

I'm stressed over a 13 year old misdemeanor (shoplifting) that was dismissed. I'd totally forgotten about it, as I was told by the judge I would not have to worry about it. It never came up on any BG check including the one Schwab did which only goes back 5 years. The FBI fingerprint report showed the arrest. Since it was dismissed and I'd long forgotten about it, I had no paperwork on it. But I've requested the paperwork from the court clerk and am waiting for it to arrive.

I'm worried that I will be fired from this new job that I dearly love and went through an intense interview process to earn. I am the sole income in my family, so I am worried and losing sleep.

Thoughts, experiences welcome.

dude in Dallas, Texas

8 months ago

hello, i am wondering if a very small class c misdemanor theft charge will hurt your chances of getting a trainee position even if its 5 years old? also do they do education verification if a position does not require it? id appreciate any help

dude in Dallas, Texas

8 months ago

Connie in Farmington, Michigan said: I just had a phone interview and it seemed to go well.. Im concerned if they do a credit check because I was laid off for 3 years and my credit is shot, plus i have collections judgements on it that Im paying off... does anyone know what they look for? Im not interested in being an advisor, just a technical consultant ... thanks

hello, i am wondering if a very small class c misdemanor theft charge will hurt your chances of getting a trainee position even if its 5 years old? also do they do education verification if a position does not require it? id appreciate any help

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.