Charter Communications Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

no1uknow in Simpsonville, South Carolina

89 months ago

Charter Communications has an aweful employee employer relationship. I found that reguardless of how hard you work or how hard you attempt to prove your self, you will not go anywhere with the company unless you are one of the " good ole boys", Kiss a lot of tail or have worked for MCI. If any of those fit you, then you may be the perfect person to apply for employment there. This is simply not a good, honest or sincere place to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

1 ol employee in Kennewick, Washington

89 months ago

this statement is 100 percent true Charter has continued to make empty promises and conditions have worsened the only people who advance are pre determinded by friendships not perfomance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RhythmAngelWA in Vancouver, Washington

81 months ago

I have worked for Charter for over 2 years, and at first it was great until they started making some very stupid business decisions and using intimidation tactics to make employees be "good neighbors," which is a joke! They spend more money on hiring actors to come to the call centers and play these goofy fictional Charter-based super heros (I guess designed to boost morale, which is futile until they improve in other areas), and they outsource as well, routing billing and repair calls to call centers in Mexico City, The Phillipines, and India. I get more calls from customers saying they have been through three or more reps who COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH, and then it becomes my task to fix the problem and save the customer, or disconnect them because the customer is so frazzled they no longer want to deal with the company. Guess who gets to take the hit on the disconnect? ME! The company runs itself on stats, telling the call centers to sell the value of the services, while they treat the customers and call center employees with little value if any. If Charter was smart and really wanted to make money and stop the slow, consistent, financial bleeding, they would reverse the stupid decisions they have made, start thinking about their customers, quit mistreating their people and start treating their employees like human beings instead of numbers! Why don't I go anywhere else? At this time, and with this economy, there is nothing else. When you have a family to support and serious medical issues to deal with, you have to put up with the junk, try to keep things positive, and do all you can to jump through the company hoops so you don't end up getting the ol' walk to the HR office and lead out the dang door for something as simple as not following some market group inspired sales/retention call flow. If you can handle that kind of stuff, then by all means come on board! You have to be emotionally & mentally tough to work for Charter, believe me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Fezzie in Duluth, Minnesota

80 months ago

Charter has just sold their systems around St. Cloud, Duluth, Rochester. word has it Rochester is going to comcast all the others are going to Mediacom. it will be all said and done by june 1st 08

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

oppressed employee in central coast, California

71 months ago

I'm a current charter employee and just found out about a new "blogging" policy on Saturday, 02/07/09. If you are a current employee, I'm sure that you got a company email recently, as did I with a link to the policy. Charter calls it their "online public communications policy". I don't like it. It in part says that the policy applies even during "off duty hours" and even if you are using your own "personal computers"! That's right fans! Even on your own time and using your own computer, you cannot "maintain or post content to a personal, public, or corporate weblog" and "previously posted references...on any blog or social networking sites...are required to be removed...immediately". Of course the penalty, as usual, is "appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination of employment for violations of this Policy". So, even if you are using your own "personal computer" during "off duty hours", so long as you are an employee, and you post a comment anywhere about your employer on "any blog or on any social networking sites, including personal social networks and websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc" you are in violation of the policy and subject to termination of employment! I intend to get this policy changed, admittedly more in my own interests, but in other employees' interests as well. If I'm fired for it, I will be filing a claim with the state labor board even though I am deemed an "at will employee". It's my understanding that under California Labor Laws (specifically sections 96 (k) & 98.6) an employer cannot discharge me for "lawful conduct occurring during nonworking hours away from the employer's premises". Last I checked, blogging was perfectly "lawful conduct". I know that I am not going to abide by the policy as it is written now! Oh wait, I've already violated the policy as it became "Effective January 29, 2009". My emails to the legal dept have yet to be responded to. viva la blogging!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

victim in Hacienda Heights, California

7 months ago

no1uknow in Simpsonville, South Carolina said: Charter Communications has an aweful employee employer relationship. I found that reguardless of how hard you work or how hard you attempt to prove your self, you will not go anywhere with the company unless you are one of the " good ole boys", Kiss a lot of tail or have worked for MCI. If any of those fit you, then you may be the perfect person to apply for employment there. This is simply not a good, honest or sincere place to work for.

Every word of it is true...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

victim in Hacienda Heights, California

7 months ago

The worst company I have ever worked for. They have managers with no sales experience to start with, and the few experienced ones are gossipers who share your personal information with co-workers, while abusing thier managerial powers to prove they are important people.

No support for sales employees while they continuously violating you're employee rights. Don't even bother going to HR, because they will force you into quitting or termination weather you deserve it or not..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.