How to get a job at Chase.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

Do you work at Chase? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jacquelyn Ortolano in Marrero, Louisiana

89 months ago

I saw the job posting for Chase and would like to apply to them for a job. I have been in banking over 20 years and looking to advance myself in the customer service department and new account area, even working in the loan department.

Jacquelyn Ortolano
jortolano1@excite.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jacquelyn Ortolano in Marrero, Louisiana

89 months ago

I saw the job posting for Chase and would like to apply to them for a job. I have been in banking over 20 years and looking to advance myself in the customer service department and new account area, even working in the loan department.

Jacquelyn Ortolano
jortolano1@excite.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessie in Rancho Cucamonga, California

89 months ago

Good Luck applying at Chase in Ontario,CA as they are very unorganized and inept. It appears they just like to interview just for the heck of it, and they read from a script the whole time they are interviewing you. It appears the job entails long hours and weekends. It's not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christi in South Bend, Indiana in South Bend, Indiana

89 months ago

Jessie in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Good Luck applying at Chase in Ontario,CA as they are very unorganized and inept. It appears they just like to interview just for the heck of it, and they read from a script the whole time they are interviewing you. It appears the job entails long hours and weekends. It's not worth it.

---I just had an interview at the Chase here in South Bend. They were very friendly. They were professional, and seemed to care about their company and how I could potentially play a part.

I applied on line and they got back to me w/in a few days. I would say go for it. For your own knowledge, I will tell you that (at least here) the interview process is lengthy. I took their test online after being e-mailed an invitation to take it. After that, a contact person from their HR called me (super nice!) and set up a phone interview, after which they set a sit down interview w/ the branch manager and DM.

The interview went well, and I have another one next week w/ the higher ups. As far as the interview being scripted, yes and no....I mean of course there are going to be questions that they have to ask-employment history and so forth, but they also asked about my family. How old my children are and about my schooling...my likes and dislikes. Both women seemed to take a genuine interest.

I hope that this helps you. Every branch is different-yes. But I hope the one to which you are applying is as pleasant as ours here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christi in South Bend, Indiana in South Bend, Indiana

89 months ago

Oh, I forgot to mention one other thing. The hours here are Mon.-Fri. 9am-5pm and Sat. 9am-12pm.
I would have to be there about an hour before open and about an hour after close. And as a mother, those hours are fabulous! (But it may be different where you are). Once again good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Youngstown, Ohio

88 months ago

Christi in South Bend, Indiana in South Bend, Indiana said: ---I just had an interview at the Chase here in South Bend. They were very friendly. They were professional, and seemed to care about their company and how I could potentially play a part.

I applied on line and they got back to me w/in a few days. I would say go for it. For your own knowledge, I will tell you that (at least here) the interview process is lengthy. I took their test online after being e-mailed an invitation to take it. After that, a contact person from their HR called me (super nice!) and set up a phone interview, after which they set a sit down interview w/ the branch manager and DM.

The interview went well, and I have another one next week w/ the higher ups. As far as the interview being scripted, yes and no....I mean of course there are going to be questions that they have to ask-employment history and so forth, but they also asked about my family. How old my children are and about my schooling...my likes and dislikes. Both women seemed to take a genuine interest.

I hope that this helps you. Every branch is different-yes. But I hope the one to which you are applying is as pleasant as ours here.

They are not allowed to ask you personal questions such as family, kids, marital status, etc. They should know that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Been There... in Bensenville, Illinois

86 months ago

Expect long hours, exceedingly low pay, and mind-numbing ineptitude from management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Green Bay, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Chase? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I was not impressed. I sent a resume and got called to go for a test. When I got there, nobody really seemed anxious to direct me to where I was to go for this test. The test was ridiculous...with weird scenarios and way out ficticious names. I took it...but never heard from them again....not even a rejection letter. My impression is that the people that worked there just plain didn't care....which in my estimation pretty much is a good indicator of the attitude of the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

No Name in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

Christi in South Bend, Indiana in South Bend, Indiana said: ---I just had an interview at the Chase here in South Bend. They were very friendly. They were professional, and seemed to care about their company and how I could potentially play a part.

They are not suppose to ask you how old your children are...

Regina Reeves

85 months ago

I would like to apply for the teller
position in Canton. I gave my rusuma to
a manger but do know how to get to the appliaction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zzp in ORANGE COUNTY, CA, California

64 months ago

Jessie in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Good Luck applying at Chase in Ontario,CA as they are very unorganized and inept. It appears they just like to interview just for the heck of it, and they read from a script the whole time they are interviewing you. It appears the job entails long hours and weekends. It's not worth it.

I recently left Chase 2 months ago. I was a VP-Branch Manager and can say from my experience that Chase has to be the worst Company to work for. I've worked for several Banks and Chase is by far the worst. They do not want Leaders, but followers who listen and take orders no matter if you have a mind of your own. It is a Company that will use you and toss you a garbage bin when they see that you are no use to them.

I also have worked for Citibank and can tell you Citibank is a Company that makes Chase look very bad when it come to a place to work and progress. A place where you can think on your own and not be told how to talk to your Customers and Employees. Chase thinks they know what they are doing. But, I can say that the Customers and Employees with a brain in their head will be dashing out the door once the economy gets better.

Fortunately for me I've been a top Performer where ever I go. Due to my experience I have built strong sales and service Teams in any market I've worked in. Successful Companies are successful due to their Employees. EMployees that know what they are doing and not told how to do it.

So if you want to work at Chase expect to be a Robot. Every Employee from New York to California will have the same sale phrase in each office. Just go to multiple markets and you will see that the Chase experience will be the same. Look out for you wallet they want it and will push those poor Robts to do whatever it takes to get a piece of it. They have layer upon layer of management micromanaging these poor Robots.

If you want to work for a Company that is innovative, repectful, pr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RobG in Indianapolis, Indiana

41 months ago

How to get a job at JPMorgan Chase:

1. Find a specific position you want to apply for:

www.jobsandfinance.com/a/jobs/find-jobs/q-JPMorgan+Chase

2. Create a free account or login to your LinkedIn account. (LinkedIn is the professional version of Facebook)

3. Find the HR Manager or Branch Manager for the location of the position you are interested in.

4. Contact them with your interest and qualifications.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.