How to get a job at Chevron.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1222)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Chevron? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Houston, Texas

109 months ago

This job keeps showing up on a monthly basis. Are they growing that fast or do people keep quitting? Anyone who works there care to comment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (312) / No (62) Reply - Report abuse

AG in Livonia, Michigan

109 months ago

Please let me know about the Rel Engr job in Chevron. How is the work culture, pay and benefits.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

kd in Hayward, California

108 months ago

Ethan R. in Houston, Texas said: Credit Report? Could you clarify, do they run a credit check?

did you get an answer to this question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

natacharice in New Orleans, Louisiana

108 months ago

Jeff Z in Houston, Texas said: I was declined the offer due to app info & credit report. This is only one position & will be an great opportunity; the screening process is extensive.

Was it totally due to the credit report or insufficient information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Ethan R. in Houston, Texas said: Credit Report? Could you clarify, do they run a credit check?

I would like to know this answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Chevron? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I would like to know this answer as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

A in Redford, Michigan

108 months ago

Thanks for your reply.

Can you or someone suggest a few decent (safe, reasonably priced) apartments between I-10 and Westheimer. I was told that there is Metro bus that runs to and from the Downtown. Is it convenient/better than driving?

karen s in Houston, Texas said: Houston is a great town to live in ...depending on where you live like any large city. There is a great deal of crime here. If I were thinking about settling down with a family - I would look at Austin way before Houston. However, housing is much more affordable here - but for families - Austin is full of parks and great places to swim and driving down Mopac - no signage. It's fun and UT is there.

Houston has all the fluff - fine museums the best in the way of healthcare - and we have the best dining by far in all catagories. I have heard that from people who have lived in San Francisco and more. The west end near dairy ashford between westhiemer and 1-10 is nice...there are great neighborhoods such as the woodlands and sugarland if you don't mind the drive in. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in San Leandro, California

105 months ago

Depends on your position. The IT dept. is actually the ITC or IT Company under the Chevron corporate umbrella. The positions range from VERY technical to not technical at all. Which are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in San Leandro, California

105 months ago

L03 in Midland, Texas said: Does anyone know how long it take to go through the Pr-employment Process with Cheveron I was offered a job the first of October and it is now going into the third week of October?

Mine was just under 2 weeks. It can take upwards of 3 weeks. Usually they start pressuring the background check company if it gets into the 3 week area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WP in Mandeville, Louisiana

105 months ago

CDR,
Thanks for all the insight about Chevron taking so long.

In my case I had my phone interview in Sept. and won't be interviewing until late Nov. early Dec.. But if all goes well i'll start in early Jan., and you were right things move VERY SLOW!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in Oakland, California

105 months ago

There really aren't any specific questions that are asked by the company. I interviewed for two positions in IT and both interviews were totally different. The first was essentially a quiz. They tested my knowledge of technology. In the second interview they just talked about my work history, my goals and what sparked my interest in Chevron. All very general and "normal" interview questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MARTHA ARAGON in Los Angeles, California

104 months ago

cdr in San Francisco, California said: i applied last friday and had an interview yesterday. 4 business days for me. wish me luck gang!

YEAH GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND WHAT POSITION DID YOU APPLIED TO, DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT WORKS IN THE REFINERY?...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

doyad in Sugar Land, Texas

103 months ago

I have an interview in the PSAT dept...does anyone know the types of questions they 'll ask at chevron. It doesnt matter if they are general or not. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

doyad in Sugar Land, Texas

103 months ago

WP, my email is bolaj78@yahoo.com for the general questions. thanks

robertwiloth in EDGERTON, Wyoming

102 months ago

I'm LOOKING FOR A CONTRACT PUMPING JOB WITHIN appt. 100miles of EDGERTON, WY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

robertwiloth in EDGERTON, Wyoming

102 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Chevron? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

LOOKING FOR JOB ORDER#00647492 TO SEND RESUME TO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

michaelolumayowa in Satellite Provider

101 months ago

THE COMPANY IS DOING REALLY GREAT AMONG OTHERS.I HOPE JOINING THE ORGANIZATION SOON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sahaldouale in Tampa, Florida

100 months ago

I have been selected to an on-site interview in San-roman by Chevron, for the campus recruting for the IT department the five years program in IT. i will fly there next week, please does anyone know the process interview for the IT department?,

Actually they send me the agenda and there are two interviews and perhaps a third one at the end of the day. Also I am not a technical person that much, I have a strong business background( with an MBA) and graduating with a master in management information system.....

Please I need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in Bakersfield, California

100 months ago

Are you going for a certain position? Is this the Horizons program. Keep in mind that IT is actually a huge global company within Chevron. The interview will depend on the job. Also, the because IT is so huge here, not every position is technical. You could end up with an HR position in IT that requires virtually no tech skills. Dish the details and I'll do what I can to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Yes I am going for the horizion program. i got the agenda and it is written that the candidates has to be ready for technicals question? Do you have some tips for the interview, and how should I got prepared....

Please I need help///////

100 months ago

I'm lost because I don't know what they want from you. It could be questions about applications, networking, desktop support, programming, project management, business analysis. You see where I'm going? I need a bit more to go on.

I interviewed for two positions. One was for an active directory support position. They grilled me on AD tech questions. The second position didn't have ANY technical questions. It was more based on my personality. They wanted to know how I interact with team members, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

god bless you... As I said I have an MBA from France, came in the US to do a master in management information system. I met chevron two weeks ago at the national conference for black enginneer. I met there an old guy who works for chevron, nice position, told him my desire to work for chevron and got me an interview there. not that bad it was three questions, mostly behavirouls questions such leadership examples and results and outcomes, how do you handle stress.....
Last week they send me the invitation for the on-site, but why do they requires three interviews there, I am like come on that a lot? How do you think i have to get prepared since this position it is only for new graduates and future graduates.. it is a five years program the horizon one.....

what do you think I might face, how can I prepared myself for differents scenario since I don t have that much experience...

Thanks a lot

100 months ago

Yes you are right it is more business, project manager, the business case analyst or business analyst?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

CDR in Bakersfield, California said:
Did you interview for the horizon newly graduates student seeking a full time position? i mean by that your position was clear from the beginning?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

the AD job was set in stone. the second interview was a general interview. they liked me but didn't know where to best use me. hence, the light tech. interview.

makethemove in Tampa, Florida

100 months ago

Sahal, i see u r from Tampa. I was also @ the engineering CF in Orlando few weeks back and I also have an OSV with Chevron this week. May be we can meet or network before we go there? perhaps will c u @ d airport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

that s cool man, it will be great 813 841 5415....

curly in Berkeley, California

98 months ago

chevron wants me to go to the next step in the hiring process. Microsoft applications/typing test...I am not worried about that but i am worried about the background check...my credit is poor and I have recent arrest that was dropped to an infraction...am I simply doomed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Oil Company in San Fran, California

98 months ago

I have a question to all the engineering folks out here. I have a friend of mine that interviewed on -site in Chevron. What is the timeframe they get back? Also do they get back with a negative answer after a long time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

makethemove in Tampa, Florida

98 months ago

Oil Company in San Fran, California said: I have a question to all the engineering folks out here. I have a friend of mine that interviewed on -site in Chevron. What is the timeframe they get back? Also do they get back with a negative answer after a long time?

Well sometimes it takes them a while...depending on your choices of location n etc and also the team you chose to work with.....give them about 2 wks then give 'em a buzz......"phone call follow-up".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Can you just send an email? My friend sent and there was no response. Can he still call them up? It is a month now already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

If it is amonth just forget it man,,,they generally respond within two weeks when they wants to hire you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Sorry, I dont think this comment is completely correct. I knew a person who was made an offer 2 mons after the interview with no contact in between.

98 months ago

You might be right, but I got mine within two weeks after the interview....

98 months ago

Did you accept the offer? What position was it for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in Pleasant Hill, California

98 months ago

Curly in Berkeley, California said: chevron wants me to go to the next step in the hiring process. Microsoft applications/typing test...I am not worried about that but i am worried about the background check...my credit is poor and I have recent arrest that was dropped to an infraction...am I simply doomed?

Don't give up. Let them deny you if thats what will happen. I was told that I was doomed due to credit issues by some "knowledgeable" on this site but got in without a problem. You never know. The arrest may put you over the top but don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Helo Friends,

1) What is the timeframe Chevron get back after an on-site interview?

2) Do they get back with a negative answer after a long time?

Can someone answer both these questions of mine.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CDR in Lemoore, California

98 months ago

They usually get back to you within 1 month with good news. They can NEVER get back to you with a negative answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

luuluu in Bakersfield, California

98 months ago

What part of the interview process is my husband in? My husband is going through a temp agency and had a phone interview with Chevron on May 23-they liked him a lot. Then went in for an on campus interview with an SBU on May 28 that took 40 minutes. They still like him and said they need someone right away. Then on June 2(monday) the employment agency emailed him and said that the Chevron SBU was trying to negotiate his salary (with who I dont know cause we didnt hear anything), but then on Tues the temp agency emailed him back and said that Chevron SBU are still very interested in having him apart of their team, but thought he was a little vauge about his skills and would like more specifics of other projects he did for his previous employer. He emails the requested info over to them and its now Friday June 6 and have not herd from them yet. I read through some of these other posts and it looks like a couple of weeks to a couple of months before you get an answer back (if at all). My question is what part of the interview process is he in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alaninwalesuk in Pembroke, United Kingdom

98 months ago

Hi there guys.

I have been reading your posts with great interest.

I am about to attend an aptitude test at Pembroke Chevron refinery in Wales, UK as I recently applied for a position as a process operator. I have been informed that the recruitment process consists of three stages -

1. Aptitude tests.
2. A four hour computer simulation called a COBRA test.
3. An interview.

If anyone has any experience on any of these stages then please could you throw some light on the subject. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I really want this job. Chevron own the largest out of 4 refineries here in Wales and they seem the most forward thinking company to work for.

Any help please guys. Thanks so much or as I say in Wales, Diolch (Thanks).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

CDR in Lemoore, California said: They usually get back to you within 1 month with good news. They can NEVER get back to you with a negative answer.

How do you say that? My friend has not heard anything from them for 2 months? Can it be negative answer? Dont they repond either way?

98 months ago

Oil Company in San Fran, California said: How do you say that? My friend has not heard anything from them for 2 months? Can it be negative answer? Dont they repond either way?

Its my experience that they do get back to you with a negivtive answer. My husband has applied for a couple of jobs off their website and we got a return email like 2 or 3 months later saying that we were denied the job.

It was when he applied through a temp agency that is hiring for one of Chevron's out-sourcing companies that he is finally being considered for a position. He has had a phone interview and an on-campus interview in a span of 2 weeks.

I dont mind the wait, I just wish I knew what stage of the hiring process he is in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Alan in Wales UK in Pembroke, United Kingdom said: Hi there guys.

I am about to attend an aptitude test at Pembroke Chevron refinery in Wales, UK as I recently applied for a position as a process operator. I have been informed that the recruitment process consists of three stages -

1. Aptitude tests.
3. An interview.

If anyone has any experience on any of these stages then please could you throw some light on the subject. Any information would be greatly appreciated as I really want this job. Chevron own the largest out of 4 refineries here in Wales and they seem the most forward thinking company to work for.

I do not know. My husband is going through a temp agency and took their generic Excel Tests and such. I am learning that each job has its own way of interviewing and measuring their candidates, but all of them require a long process. My advice is to dig your heals in. Do research on the internet of the job you are applying for. Do the best that you can on the test and wait. Its the waiting that will be the hardest, but it is a long long process-several months, so have a seat you will be here a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marknc in St.Paul's Bay, Malta

97 months ago

I want to get to meet chevron employees who can help me with the best advice on how to get a job with chevron, this has been my life-long dream.

Petty in Haverfordwest, United Kingdom

97 months ago

1. Aptitude tests.
3. An interview.

Hi there Alan

I tried for the Process Operator job at Chevron Pembroke too - in June 2008. My cousin who works there as an Electrical Engineer - refered me. Im 33 and Master Technician with Jaguar and Landrover - one of only 2 in Wales, and also the whole world !
I failed to get in. I was wondering if you could help me out - as to which way or what you put in your CV. All jobs i have gone for before I have always got offers with sending in my CV, but this is in the Motor Repair Industry. How do i do it different to get into the Fuel industry ? I was really hoping i would get in to Chevron with my experience, and looking forward to learning something new - plus getting paid properly !

Any tips or info you could give ?

Kind regards

Petty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

96 months ago

Hello,

There was a posting from Chevron for "Rotational Engineer" sometime back. They have removed that now. Did anybody get response for that position when you applied?

Does anyone know what the hiring process is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brandon75 in Roy, Utah

93 months ago

nr in Abbeville, Louisiana said: It's good to be real about the situation both ways. You are right, not every company checks credit but Chevron does. However I did speak to one of the HR folks being that I am a candidate for a position and I really think the credit check is mainly for verification purposes and to see whats going on to be sure this person is not a potential threat. I personally do not agree with it because good people come across problems beyond their own power and the good sometimes suffer for the bad. We all need to put it all in Gods hand because I see many people with good credit get good jobs and read about much malfeasance and many other people with high positions doing the wrong thing. I think people with bad credit could use a break these days but thats not always the case. We can only concentrate on the things we can change and again let God take care of the rest.

I strongly agree. Is it necessary to "punish" someone that has been a victim of a horrible housing market crash and ended up with bad credit? My wife and I have been through some really unfortunate times this last year. Wife lost 2 management jobs because of other employee theft. Hence we ended up not having the money to pay bills, and even lost our house to foreclosure in California because of the market crash and unscrupulous lending practices that we fell victim to. If Chevron or any other big corporation decides to refuse someone that could potentially be an excellent, hard working dependable employee based on the fact that they had to use their money just to survive and not pay bills- then so be it! I wouldn't want to work for a shallow company like that anyway because credit scores do NOT reflect what kind of worker you could be. I always paid my bills on time and had a 700+ score before my wife got fired based on employee theft. I passed Chevrons first testing phase for operator and I have a felony from 13 yrs ago and terrible credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brandon75 in Roy, Utah

93 months ago

1. Aptitude tests.
3. An interview.

The first testing lasted 4.5 hours and included arithmetic, mechanical, learning aptitude, and chemical tests. Nothing you can really prepare for, just common knowledge. Out of 138 people in the room, there were only 58 of us who passed; applying for 8 positions as operator/grunt. Next, I was chosen for the COBRA test tomorrow and pretty excited. My concern is that I have a felony conviction from 13 yrs. ago and horrible credit score. I would be quite upset if they make me go this far knowing about my conviction and then deny me a position after passing all the testing. I knew not to lie about it on the application, because a big company like Chevron would find out anyway. But some people deserve a 2nd chance for a good job, esp. if its been over a decade with no convictions and is unrelated to the position. If a company wants to know about a persons reliability, credit scores tell them nothing..Only previous positions held and experience would tell them this. Deny a good worker a chance at a good job because of mistakes made in the past? Am I just wasting my time even trying to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K in Cali in Pleasanton, California

93 months ago

There are long shots and there are wastes of time. This is long shot material. Go for it. It's not like you'll get ANOTHER felony if this doesn't work out - right? I have a brother with multiple felonies in his past but this guy NEVER has trouble finding jobs...GOOD jobs. Amazing. Now, if you killed someone that is another issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.