How to get a job at Children's Hospital Boston.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Children's Hospital Boston? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

junlike in Watertown, Massachusetts

79 months ago

To Whom It May Concern;

I am looking for a research associate or research scientist position. I completed medical school and orthopedic surgical training in Beijing, China and was an attending surgeon in an academic medical school there until I immigrated to the US. Because my Chinese training did not qualify me to practice surgery in the US and I lacked the financial resources to repeat this lengthy training in the US, I pursued a variety of jobs in the U.S. as a medical research assistant. Recently I returned to school in Hong Kong, where I did the research in the department of biochemistry. I am good at resolving the clinical or research problems and at hands-on work. I enjoy using my knowledge, experience and skills in research. I also find it exciting to learn something new.

In addition to my clinical and surgical expertise, I have more than 10 years experience in bone and cartilage laboratory research, during which I mastered most modern biomedical research laboratory skills. Bone, cartilage, and connective tissue research remains my area of interest.

With both the clinical and research background in orthopedics and embryonic skeleton development genetics, I believe I can fit into various researches laboratory roles, and can do either associate or independent work. Any soft tissue research will not be difficult for me, but I might be able to make a bigger contribution in skeletal research. It was a part of my duty to follow up clinical patients after a treatment for ten years. Therefore, it would not be difficult to do clinical trial research for me.

I am very efficient and cheerful, and get along very well with everyone in the work place.

Sincerely yours,

Jun Li

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.