CIGNA News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does CIGNA stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Ignored in Durant, Oklahoma

90 months ago

I spoke to a woman who worked at Cigna, had to take off for surgery and came back to a different job. They wouldn't train her and then they fired her. The one in Sherman is supposed to be extremely stressful to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A. cnwy in Wallingford, Connecticut

90 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

I recently was let go from CIGNA after many years (25+) and I am happy to be out. Like so many companies, the culture, attitude and moral are not positive and supportative for the majority of the employees. There is way more lip service about how much they provide a positve environment than what you will actually find on a day to day basis. There are too many unhappy campers and it is getting worse every day. There will come a time when the culture and mind set will return to positve and rewarding place for most of the employees. Until that time comes I would not recommend them as a potential employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte in Lewisville, Texas

88 months ago

You are talking about corporate America....I work for a totally different company and it's the same thing...more work with less people...."work your fingers to the bones"...sometimes the carpal tunnel wants to kick in and you want to just deal with it because the alternatives aren't very positive....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte in Lewisville, Texas

88 months ago

Hey, I would like to mention ...while visiting the doctors office this week I mentioned that I had been working my butt off. What was sad but interesting was the next thing out of her mouth was "You must work for Cigna, that's what most of them say" WOW! That told me alot right there. I think we ALL are feeling the pain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brew in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

A. cnwy in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I recently was let go from CIGNA after many years (25+) and I am happy to be out. Like so many companies, the culture, attitude and moral are not positive and supportative for the majority of the employees. There is way more lip service about how much they provide a positve environment than what you will actually find on a day to day basis. There are too many unhappy campers and it is getting worse every day. There will come a time when the culture and mind set will return to positve and rewarding place for most of the employees. Until that time comes I would not recommend them as a potential employer.

I just quit Cigna last friday (CGI). Its a top down environment, it foster negativity, it fosters negative competition, and the top management talks down to its employees. In CGI, the management has changed over the last year and the Sales managers and Reps are leaving in droves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jo Joshua Godfrey in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Getting Out Too in Enfield, Connecticut said: I totally agree. I have worked there for over 10 years, and it's never been this bad. Morale company-wide is at an all-time low. Most people have seen no raises in 2-3 years, and the health insurance benefits offered to the employees are some of the worst I've seen in the industry. If you do decide to work at CIGNA, be prepared to do the work of at least 2 jobs- their strategy is to continuously eliminate jobs and expect those left remaining to absorb the workload until they finally leave. I would think twice about approaching CIGNA for employment; a vast majority of people I know at CIGNA are on their way out or actively looking to do so.

TRY BEING THEIR PATIENTS
I thank God every day for my mothers survival she is a mother in a million, and only God knows how much she suffered at the hands of Cigna. It was not only after she fought to have the lower left lobe of her Lung removed, that day in the hospital the Surgeon told our Family, Cigna is not going to want to pay for the treatment you need so I am going to document all the tests you need, as the kind of Cancer you have originates in the lung in only 1% of all cases.

It usually starts somewhere else in the body, and migrates to the lung. Sure enough, Cigna documented in my mothers file the Cigna director had spoken to the doctor she was okay the Tumor was benign, and all she would require would be a follow up x-ray.

That day the surgeon told my Step dad she is not the only one who is sick you are sick too get checked out. When my Step dad was seen by a real doctor,he was very sick.
My brother had been born with a hernia,he had surgery to fix it, and my sister needed surgery for a condition that was fixable, where she could have lost her sight,today my sister is a CPA. Three surgeries in the same family in three months all diagnosed by Doctors outside of CIGNA, while Cigna said everyone was well.
As soon as this was over and my mother somewhat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Average Joe in Bells, Texas

88 months ago

Do you think that the layoffs will continue in Sherman even with their new building fit for 1500-2000 people? It seems that if you reach a certian salary range it is just going to cost you a lay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pharm recruiter in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

88 months ago

If any of you are looking for a new place to work, I can help. I'm a recruiter for FIRSTChoice Healthcare Group, www.fchg.net. Just email me at robereg@sio.midco.net and I'll get to work. Rob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Temped there several years ago

88 months ago

One of the worst jobs I ever had. They treated me like dirt just because I was a "temp." Did my job, dit it well, and still got treated like dirt. Have had great jobs at other companies, but I'd never work for Cigna again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Temped there several years ago

88 months ago

One of the worst jobs I ever had. They treated me like dirt just because I was a "temp." Did my job, did it well, and still got treated like dirt. Have had great jobs at other companies, but I'd never work for Cigna again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kanna in Tampa, Florida

84 months ago

deidre in Havertown, Pennsylvania said: Try having ANYTHING to do with CIGNA. It's not just the patients like you that they put through the My husband is a doctor who gets reimbursements from CIGNA. .NOT. They play this horrible game of kicking back the paperwork over and over again . . only then to say that they have a policy of not paying reimbursements that are outstanding for more than 90 days. He has lost THOUSANDS of dollars in reimburement income b/cz of CIGNA's twisted "policy." He will not longer take a Cigna patient b/cz of this which is really unfortunate. Go see SICKO of you really want a view into how this company works. It will make you gasp AND cr

This is the world of Manage Care, do not like doctors to give referrals, do not like to pay for medications that the doctors feels the patient needs, do not like to pay claims, and try to make every diagnosis a pre-existing one. I have a BA in Health Information Management and have worked in the field for many years. I also teach, but my own personal experience with manage care says it all even without the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Enough of corporate life including Cigna; it's just not conducive to my lifestyle. I will be having an interview soon for a judicial claims processor at the courthouse here in Delaware. Since I worked for my state's Department of Labor for four years, this job should be very interesting. Never a dull moment when you work for the state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

A Very Upset Employee in Manchester, New Hampshire

84 months ago

It is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is negative and non responsive to any feedback we provide them. No improvements have been made with the work load that has been forced apon us. We are extremely underpaid and overworked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yur soooo right :>(-

84 months ago

WHEN i APPLIED for one of their pharmacy jobs, first i got a call from some dip-stick H.R. employee located about 2-hours outside of my local time-zone (= where in fact the actual job supposedly exists)--> she said that she referred my application & resume' to another dip-stick Cigna H.R. employee (located 3-hours outside of my time-zone), and--> she even gave me the telephone "contact number" of this "second" dip-stick H.R. person --> whom I called some 5-times during a period of 5-days or so - having to leave voice-mail messages which included my phone contact #, yet, NEVER received ANY-type of return-call, even when I myself have an aswering-machine; I also left her a second number that also has voice-mail, yet again --> never any return phone-call regarding my disposition for the so-called vacant "float" position in the Phoenix area..

So, in retrospect, why are their so many INCOMPETENT HUMAN RESOURCE ding-dongs out their, such as with Cigna, who cannot be "respectful-enough" to even follow-up on their calls?? :>(-

Good-luck with U folks who apply, as, it definitely appears that their H.R. people are nothing but a big-bunch of "lazy" dip-sticks or hippacrits.. I bet BOTH the company's bottom-line & satisfaction wud improve by geting-rid of MANY of their incompetent H.R. dip-sticks..--> WHO IS IN FACT SUPPOSED to-B SUPERVISING THESE IDIOTS !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deidre in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

kanna in Tampa, Florida said: This is the world of Manage Care, do not like doctors to give referrals, do not like to pay for medications that the doctors feels the patient needs, do not like to pay claims, and try to make every diagnosis a pre-existing one. I have a BA in Health Information Management and have worked in the field for many years. I also teach, but my own personal experience with manage care says it all even without the experience.

Of course, this is the way of managed care in general.
My point here is that of all the horrible MC organizations, and they are al horrible, Cigna is far and away the worst. Stay away from them in all regards.. employment, provider, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

83 months ago

luv it all :>)-
lets ALLLLLLLL go-on strike ?!-- wud then not be too-good for them. huh? ">(-
!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

83 months ago

ALSO -- I agree with "Yur soooo right" (above), I am a licensed health professional with an active & current licensure in good standing, unrestricted; got a call from a H.R. person over a week-ago, talked to her - she stated that the pharmacy manager would call me as they need more help, yet - never received any other calls..

I wonder if there's a communication problem between H.R. and the department managers

So, don't hold your breath on this company is all I have to say. If I get a call from them - now - I will decline it; they seem to be a complete waste of time and anticipation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

el steveo in Parker, Arizona

83 months ago

Yes I had the same experience with Cigna, whereby the human resources person called me and informed me that I would contacted by the pharmacy hiring manager (a pharmacy supervisor in the Phoenix area), yet, despite having given them two contact numbers and my e-mail to them they never followed-up with me, as though they either hired someone else or ??

So, PROBABLY BEST NOT to waste one's time with CIGNA !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ex-IT staff in Chattanooga, Tennessee

83 months ago

Notes for IT job hunters:
. Cigna has been unable to maintain a consistent management structure in IT for nearly a decade.
. They have laid-off 80% of the staff who know how the applications work.
. Satyam and IBM are attempting to run things, but are failing miserably.
. Service levels are at an all-time low, as is morale.
. Cigna's HR "rank and rate" policies ensure that the bottom-half of all employees (based on ranking) are not given merit increases. Ranking and rating is subjective and is not tied to individual performance. (Keep in mind that, as staff are laid off, the bottom rises...).

To answer those who have issues with Cigna's HR departments... Cigna outsourced most of its HR functions to Costa Rica.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rae Rae in Old Hickory, Tennessee

83 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

I wouldn't say CIGNA is the worst company I ever worked for, but it is certainly not the best. I was laid off about six months ago and even though they did everything to help us cope with the layoff, it just all happened so suddenly. I've heard from other ex-coworkers that CIGNA is famous for layoffs, so if you are applying for a job here, please use caution, you just never know when they will hit you with a layoff. It's a 50/50 chance, as is with any job. But all in all, it wasn't a REAL bad experience working for CIGNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wondering in Plano, Texas

83 months ago

I worked for a Cigna subsidiary, Intracorp for about 6 months in Dallas, TX. I knew I'd made a mistake after about 2 weeks. I consider myself a hard worker, detailed-oriented and able to adapt to changing process. In this dept (Worker's Comp) where they did preauths and such, they really did not have a process. Training consisted of 5 newly hired R.N.'s sitting at an LVN's desk while she "trained" us. There were no manuals or other structured training material. She just showed us what she did. Many questions were answered, "that's how we do it", but it made no logical or medical sense. Preauth approvals were done haphazardly without criteria to back it up. Supposedly Milliman's and other resources were used but because most of the old-timers were LVN's they did not have the knowledge base to really determine the medical necessity for approving procedures. No rhyme or reason to it.

Merit reviews were subjective and pretty much non-existent. One of those, if you were 100% you MIGHT get a 1/2% raise. The goals were unattainable unless you were willing to work O.T. (which was only approved for the old-timer's staff). There was a definite cliche and it was a very negative environment. After working there for a couple of months I realized why core staff was LVN. The R.N.'s did not put up with the crap for long. The LVN's that worked there were kind of stuck because there aren't a lot of choices for LVN's outside of hospital and nursing home enviroments. There were good nurses (LVN and RN) that worked here but almost all of the RN's and some LVN's were looking for other jobs. I have never wanted to leave a place so soon after starting. I stuck it out for 6 months out of a misplaced feeling of loyalty and commitment, but knew quite soon that this is not a place that encourages or wants employees to be empowered or a contributor to a good work enviroment. I would avoid Intracorp/Cigna.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marie S in Charlotte, North Carolina

83 months ago

I worked for Cigna for over 6 years and was recently layed off in June of this year. I witnessed firsthand all the red tape doctors and hospitals had to go through just to get their payments from Cigna. It was ridiculous. The rate at which doctors were pulling out of Cigna was alarming, but who could blame them? And anytime I went for a doctor's visit and told the receptionist I had Cigna I always witnessed the all too familiar grunt and eye roll. I felt like I paying in foodstamps or something. I really can't imagine this company surviving for too much longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

abc in Pennsylvania

82 months ago

A. cnwy in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I recently was let go from CIGNA after many years (25+) and I am happy to be out. Like so many companies, the culture, attitude and moral are not positive and supportative for the majority of the employees. There is way more lip service about how much they provide a positve environment than what you will actually find on a day to day basis. There are too many unhappy campers and it is getting worse every day. There will come a time when the culture and mind set will return to positve and rewarding place for most of the employees. Until that time comes I would not recommend them as a potential employer.

Sorry to hear that but glad you're dealing with it positively.
You may then recall the layoffs in 2003 specifically targeted at those about to be eligible for the old pension plan.
NASTY COMPANY!!!

Peggy G in Tulare, California

81 months ago

Doesn't sound like I would want to work their long term. My husband is a business VP and he said they hire a lot of people in low rent/lease buildings and pay them pennies, and then eliminate them on their time schedule. Terrible. I received an official offer (packet mailed) of employment, contingent on background check. Well, it took them two weeks to get it done. I got a call three days before my start date and they rescinded their offer, stating I had a DUI in Illinois that involved giving alcohol to minors. I'VE NEVER DRIVEN OR BEEN TO ILLINOIS!!!! They also told me I had a bounced check (who hasn't). NO FELONIES ON MY RECORD, I was upset because these companies make official offers, on "contingencies" and then last minute you don't know if you have a job. All of my good jobs were done with pre-employment drug and background screening PRIOR TO AN OFFER. I turned down another job and could have had one, but Cigna took too long. I am very disappointed with their operations. After today, I heard that they push their employees and that a lot of people do not like it there. I would like some input on this. thanks. Peggy in Visalia, Ca.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tonya in Stone Mountain, Georgia

81 months ago

Cigna has started a new program to prevent "drug shopping and diversion". The problem is, the letters sent to the doctors are computer generated and do not take into consideration people with cronic conditions and who have to see mupltiple doctors. Instead, they send letters to your doctors "explaining" to them about doctor shopping, and sending a data base of presciption written to a patient in a quarter. For the first quarter this has been in exsistance mistakes are already rampert. Patients who should have been excluded from this program due to their diagnosis have had letters sent to their doctors. In addition, faulty information has been sent due to a simple processing error of incorrect information by pharmancies. No one is overseeing this problem and the official answer is "Sorry, these letters are computer generated, we'll tell your doctor if they call in". Doctors today are so worried about the DEA and just more headache than they need will simply result in they tdecide to drop a patient. Cigna has taken no responsiblilty for the problems this will create as patinets have to deal with the stigma of "narcotic management therapy" on their record. Doctor shopping is a problem, however if Cigna is already experiencing these problems and no willing to do anything about it, it is treading on a dangerous slope. Many patients deal with devasting diagnosis and have to visit several doctors and recieve many presciptions. While this prgram tells the doctor of the "narcotics" recieved, it doesn not report the other 80% of persciption medicine the patient must take that are not narcotics and violates the patient's right to privacy. This is a case of big brother overstepping boundaries. Of course, if a patient has been to 6 ortho's and recieved mupltiple scripts or had numerous ER visits, there is a problem but as now the system is jeopardizing patients and their right to privacy.

psychrophobie in Visalia, California

80 months ago

I feel that they are very unethical. I was an auditor and was layed off after I refused to give high scores that were not deserved. I still have the e-mails to prove it!! So, the compaies that are paying for quality really should contact me if need someone to testify!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Help from any CIGNA employees! in Kansas City, Missouri

75 months ago

Hi all,

I am in urgent need of a cervical artificial disc replacement surgery and Cigna is of course denying it. I have done extensive research and all I need is proof that Cigna has covered this surgery before for the Prestige ADR.All I need is a state and date......I was told by the makers of the disc that Cigna has paid for it before but that is all they could tell me. PLEASE PLEASE if someone out there could help me I would be forever greatfull...my attornery can use the state and date in my appeal to get this overturned!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

The question that need to be asked is: are you being denyed because your policy does not cover it, or did you situation not meet plan criteria. If your situation did not meet plan criteria, I might be able to assist you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks so much for your response! The situation is Cigna is denying it on the basis that it is experiemental and my plan does not cover experimental but it is not experimental and I have all the studies and so forth to prove that. It is FDA approved and Cigna would cover it if it was in my lumbar spine instead of cervical spine. All the studies also show that cervical artificial disc surgery does 80% better than lumbar outcomes. The Prestige artifical disc I need is a less expensive surgery than the standard fusion of the spine surgery which is what Cigna will cover...but that surgery is outdated and causes loss of motion in the spine and 70% of patients require secondary surgeries because the standard fusion causes boney spurs to grow, along with other problems which the artifical disc does not. Also, the recovery with the artifical disc is 1-3 months max...and the fusion surgery takes 12 months if not longer to recover from. The artifical disc has outcome studies of a positive nature dating back 10 years in the US and 20 in Europe, Austrailia and Canada. I do not know why they do not want to cover it being less expensive and with less medical cost down the road. I meet all the FDA criteria medicaly for a perfect canidate for this surgery. Fusion would be a bad surgery for my situation per the 3 surgeons which are in Cigna's network.
One of the countries leading spine surgeons ( Robert Pashman, MD is Director of Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity at Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders) claims Cigna pays for this Prestige ADR on a case by case basis...which Cigna denies...see here on his website -www.neckpainexplained.com/prestige-disc-faq.htm#insurance .
So as I am gathering info for my appeal, my lawyer, who is also trying to legaly get ahold of proof that Cigna has paid for it before, I am trying to find patients that have had this covered by Cigna as precedent! Other major carriers cover it> www.aetna.com/ cpb/medical/data/500_599/0591.html.Thanks for your

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Ahh I ran out of room....I was saying...Thanks so much for your help and if you have any other questions at all please let me know. Also...I found out that Rudolph Cane, the medical director that is denying the surgery is just a PCP...not a Neuro or Ortho guy. Thats just not right!

Thanks again!
Janey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Help from any CIGNA employees! in Kansas City, Missouri said: Ahh I ran out of room....I was saying...Thanks so much for your help and if you have any other questions at all please let me know. Also...I found out that Rudolph Cane, the medical director that is denying the surgery is just a PCP...not a Neuro or Ortho guy. Thats just not right!

Thanks again!
Janey

From what I understand, if the FDA has approved a particular procedure, the procedure will need to be approved for a certain amount of time before CIGNA will consider it as non-experimental, which is usually about 5 to 7 years. (I would call a customer service representative to verify the exact time frame) In addition, I would suggest keeping a lawyer out of the situation, until you have gone through CIGNA’s appeal process, because if a lawyer is involved, CIGNA may require your lawyer to subpoena your records, which will delay the appeal process. The court system and the FDA will usually require that you to use any necessary means to resolve the issue, prior to getting involved with your issue. I wish you luck and I am praying that you will be approved for the procedure that you need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cstmrsrvcerep in Visalia, California

74 months ago

Help from any CIGNA employees! in Kansas City, Missouri said: Ahh I ran out of room....I was saying...Thanks so much for your help and if you have any other questions at all please let me know. Also...I found out that Rudolph Cane, the medical director that is denying the surgery is just a PCP...not a Neuro or Ortho guy. Thats just not right!

Thanks again!
Janey

--Janey,
you are correct the dr's who do the reviews are only pcp they do not hold any specialty degrees, it is a shame that you are being denied. I am sorry to hear about your situation. I would say this call the customer service reps ask them how long does something have to be fda approved in order for it not to be experimental. Also do you mind if i ask do you have a PPO or HMO plan? I am assuming you are trying to get this procedure authorized or are sending it in for a predetermination approval. The comment right above is correct the attorney might prolong the appeal decision. Do you have a copy of your plan booklet from your employer? it might say in there about experimental procedures. please let me know if i can be of nay more help. or if you have any other questions i will try to answer them the best i can without having your specific account information. Have a great day. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Well thank you both for the comments and suggestions! I did call cust. serv. and I also have a case manager...none of whom have any idea when a proceedure will be approved by Cigna just based on FDA or experimental criteria. My case manager just keeps saying she does not know who I need to speak to find that out when I ask. She is also the one who suggested a lawyer may pull some weight in the appeal. She has had neck surgery before-the standard fusion that Cigna will cover for me, and she has had alot of problems since. She agreed that if this cervical artifical disc replacement surgery had been available when she had her surgery she would have fought for it too since the studies are very good for the current outcomes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

cstmrsrvcerep- I am in an HMO. I do have Cignas definition of Experimental/investigational and am/can refute all of them in my appeal based on study info and peer reviewed articles on the surgery I need . Not to mention so many other insurance carriers that do cover it. Cigna would cover it if it was in my lumbar spine. So they obviously to not see the "device" as experimental..so I am left so confused and frustrated with them. The only people I have heard of getting their denial overturned where ones with lawyers. If I ask Cigna to reveal how many of these surgerys they have covered in my appeal,do they have to tell me? I spoke with a Cigna network spine specialist that says Cigna has covered his patients. He even sent me to his web page to show me. "Will my insurance company pay for the PRESTIGE® Cervical Disc?
Aetna insurance is generally covering the procedure. Some insurance companies, such as Cigna, TriCare/TriWest, Writers Guild, and Workman's Comp are approving the procedure on a case by case basis. Although the disc is FDA approved, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California are not covering the procedure at this time." link to article- www.neckpainexplained.com/prestige-disc-faq.htm#insurance. When appealing can I demand a specialist to look over the appeal...not just a PCP? Anything any of you can think of that I can do would be so much appreciated. I am not the cry baby type but being in so much pain all the time, tied to pain killers and not being allowed to drive or work is literally killing me! If I have the standard fusion surgery it will prevent me from being a pet groomer anymore because it would be too physical for the fusion to handle. I quit a career I went to college for as an engineer because I love pet grooming so much and want to open my own shop....just makes me happy to work with furry customers..ya know! I would just be heart broken if I had to give it up.

74 months ago

Thanks again for the well wishes and prayers and I would be willing to try anything that spring to mind so please just drop me a line if you think of anything else!

Take Care and Have lots of good Health!
Janey

74 months ago

Help from any CIGNA employees! in Kansas City, Missouri said: Thanks again for the well wishes and prayers and I would be willing to try anything that spring to mind so please just drop me a line if you think of anything else!

Take Care and Have lots of good Health!
Janey

Please just go through CIGNAs appeal proccess first before getting a lawyer involved. Trust me, I have been part of their appeal process, and a lawyer will not help your case at this point, you will only wast your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cstmrsrvcerep in Visalia, California

74 months ago

psychrophobie in Visalia, California said: Please just go through CIGNAs appeal proccess first before getting a lawyer involved. Trust me, I have been part of their appeal process, and a lawyer will not help your case at this point, you will only wast your money.

I agree i would say go throught the appeal process first, If your dr has not already done peer to peer review i would say do that first if that gets denied then do a first level appeal. if the first level appeal gets denied at that point i would get an attorney to help with the 2nd level appeal. cigna has 45 days to reach a decision so be patient i know it can take a long time and a lot of grief to go through the appeal process. I would also suggest not to do the over the phone appeal i would suggest to do it in writing so that way you can say more o help support why you need this done. over the phone is just basic who what where when and why.. i do not believe there is a way for you to request that a specialist reviews the case, i have never heard of it being done before. usually there is just a MD who may or may not (usually not) specailize in anything reviewing the appeals. when you send in your appeal end in all the documents you have supporting your case, that way they will be able to make their decision quicker. I hope they approve you and i hope you are able to get your surgery. please keep me posted. i wish you the best have a great day.. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Here in Tennessee

73 months ago

For those of us who have worked at CIGNA and had bad experiences as customers, it's not very comforting to see what they pay their executives.

www.forbes.com/lists/2006/12/0BHA.html

H Edward Hanway
Total Compensation
$28.82 mil (#35)

5-Year Compensation Total
$78.31 mil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lawyer Says in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

We are interested in talking to Cigna employee deprived of meals and breaks and overtime pay whether you think you are exempt/salaried or not you may qualify.

www.California-labor-law-attorney.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mistreated in Rossville, Georgia

20 months ago

Cigna treats its employees bad. If a manager decides they don't like you then you are screwed. No matter what kind of job you do you will get bad ratings. I had two insecure bosses that were allowed to treat certain employees differently than others. Some were punished for doing certain things while the rest were allowed to do the thing that got the others in trouble. They use vengence not punishment. They have an ethics hotline that you are to call with issues like this, but when I called and gave them the information they requested, they took the side of the managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mistreated in Chickamauga, Georgia

14 months ago

Charlotte in Lewisville, Texas said: Hey, I would like to mention ...while visiting the doctors office this week I mentioned that I had been working my butt off. What was sad but interesting was the next thing out of her mouth was "You must work for Cigna, that's what most of them say" WOW! That told me alot right there. I think we ALL are feeling the pain.

When you go to the Doctor and they find out you work for Cigna, the first thing you see is a painful look on their face and then they say I am sorry for you. They say that all their Cigna employees are on blood pressure meds and several anti-depressants. I know that personally I am on all the above. They know it is a horrible place to work. But when you have worked there most of your working life, it is hard to change. So I am pretty much stuck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

What a mess in Scranton, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

When I worked for the company as a CSA, I was trained to do the job of 3 people over the range of 5 separate products. The raise I got was laghable and the opportunities to move ahead despite knowing all of those products were nil simply because I did not get along with my managers. It's sad that the ones who recieved promotions and "off production" time were the ones who were never scrutinized because they were socially involved with some of the management team. The last time I checked, this was AGAINST company policy and spelled out in that giant book of "pathetic reasons to fire people" handbook. The benefits were a joke and they even started forcing some of us to use our own paid time off or required weekend "make up time" if the building closed due to inclimate weather or anything else. Once you're targeted, good luck having ONE good day at work. I was thrilled to leave there. Getting time off was too difficult. I have no idea how ANYONE who was a CSA gives this place a good review. They expect the world and give you cake once a month to compensate. I especially enjoyed when the one director came in to the office for "focus groups" and said verbatim "Well our primary focus is to keep the shareholders happy". Good job with that. I'm glad they're being sued in the class action suit for being pursuant in keeping those shareholders' pockets full.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.