Cigna Interview Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Raquelita Bonita in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

I received a text message from a Campbell Dakota saying I was selected for an online interview via Yahoo messenger. This person said they found my resume on the ladders.com. I was given a Yahoo IM to add (campbelldakota@rocketmail.com) and was told I was required to set up a yahoo account to complete the interview process. I have been a manager many times before and have always done a face to face interview or at the least a phone interview. Never have I been so unprofessional as to do an interview through an instant messenger. I am not sure if this is a legitimate job interview but I am 99% sure it is not. Unless someone knows something I don't. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jus mim in San Diego, California

24 months ago

That funny I got the same text,I am in San Diego, CA. but I did try to see if this person worked for the Cigna company. and I couldn't get no info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raquelita Bonita in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

jus mim in San Diego, California said: That funny I got the same text,I am in San Diego, CA. but I did try to see if this person worked for the Cigna company . and I couldn't get no info

I kept asking this person if I could do a regular interview over the phone...I was at a Rockets game when they were playing the Lakers I was not around a computer but they said I needed to get to the computer asap because they had vital and time sensitive information. Dang it's just an interview! Then I sent them a message and I asked them to send me a text message from their Cigna email account so I could verify they were legitimately trying to do an interview...never got a response. The number that texted me was a 215 number ending in 4083. I wonder if it's the same number that texted you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

jus mim in San Diego, California

24 months ago

yea it was 215-BGG-4083...nothing was said after that text!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

JWilliams in Decatur, Georgia

21 months ago

I received the same message from the same person. I researched the number back to a different company. I do not think this is real. Who does interviews via instant message anyway??? Cigna is a huge corporation that would not go this route.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not Going to be Scammed! in Las Vegas, Nevada

21 months ago

I got the same text today after updating my resume on numerous career sites. Makes me wonder. Who sends a text message to set up an interview? I googled this and found this page. Good thing I didn't fall into the trap for a fake interview. Thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trents5001 in Hillsboro, Illinois

21 months ago

Raquelita Bonita in Houston, Texas said: I received a text message from a Campbell Dakota saying I was selected for an online interview via Yahoo messenger. This person said they found my resume on the ladders.com. I was given a Yahoo IM to add (campbelldakota@rocketmail.com) and was told I was required to set up a yahoo account to complete the interview process. I have been a manager many times before and have always done a face to face interview or at the least a phone interview. Never have I been so unprofessional as to do an interview through an instant messenger. I am not sure if this is a legitimate job interview but I am 99% sure it is not. Unless someone knows something I don't. Any suggestions?

**********************************************************************************
I received 3 text messages the same format. The interviewer was the same and requested I set up a Yahoo instant messenger. The persistence was unreal. I too believe this is a scam. I requested them to send me an email to verify this text was real a real text, but they did not respond to my request.

Lisa in Whangarei, New Zealand

20 months ago

I set up an account and spoke to this person today they are asking for $350 for some type of software to enable you to work online.

Robert in Arlington, Virginia

12 months ago

I got the same email and text message after submitting an application on indeed.com. The number is 915-400-MDWG. I asked whoever was writing me the text to please send me an email from their company email account. They responded by saying, "I believe you received the email?" I then said, "The email was sent from your indeed account. Can you resend me one from your company account?" They responded with "Okay...do you have a yahoo IM to proceed with the job briefings and interview?" And my final response was, "I will be happy to proceed once I receive your new email from your company email account rather than your yahoo or indeed account." I have not gotten a response at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Srcssrc in Palatine, Illinois

12 months ago

Hey guys looks like this is the new scam on the block. I got the same text message about setting up a Yahoo account. I figured why not it can not hurt, there are a lot of companies thinking outside the box. So I contacted the Hiring manager via messenger. I will post my IM with this person and see if it sounds familiar?

hook.timmy: Hello!

Me: hello

ME: Are you a recruiter for Cigna?

hook.timmy: Yes. I am Mrs Amanda Jose 41 years old the Interview Manager of ( Cigna Company ), i received my B.A. in
French from Louisiana State University in New Orleans and also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I have been with cigna Company for almost thirteen years now. I work for Accounting team,Please introduce yourself indicating your location??

ME: I attended Northern Illinois University with an degree in Operations Management. My recent experience has been primarily in Banking and Customer Service.

hook.timmy: This position is currently only available online as a work-from-home job. This means that everything is being taken care of online from a remote access point. Eventually, you will be able to choose whether or not you want to continue working from home or work in the office. Working hours are flexible and when working from home, you have the benefit of choosing where you want to do your work. For example, one may choose to work using a wireless internet connection right on the beach!

ME: Sounds very appealing.

hook.timmy: Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database.

They continue on saying they would paid $35 an hour and $20 for training for one week. With full Benefit package. I replies with that sounds too good to be true. we have not even spoken for 5 minutes and I am hired. No response. Be careful out there is this bad job market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Ashland, Virginia

12 months ago

hook.timmy: Initially, the software will cost $350but you will also be trained by your supervisor on how to navigate the programs. Note that you will also be paid during training and for all hours that you work. Also note that you will be reimbursed for this investment. The credit will arrive with your first paycheck. Our employees are paid once a week every Friday. You will need to purchase the software from the shipping agent who we have been conducting business with for years. The only payment method accepted is by Moneygram or western union. Once you have placed your order, the package will be shipped to you via FedEx overnight delivery.
billdoran1227: Is this Cigna Health and
Life Insurance Company headquartered in Bolomfield Connecticut? or another Cigna. It sounds strange that a large corporation would require a western union payment.
billdoran1227: Bloomfield
hook.timmy is typing...
hook.timmy: Yes. this is our new online policy!
billdoran1227: Ok let me verify with them that this is a legitimate job and I will get back with you.
billdoran1227: I have emailed human resources with a copy of this conversation. When I hear back from them I look forward to speaking with you at that time. Have a great weekend.

this was my experience LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Quick in Laurinburg, North Carolina

12 months ago

I received the same exact message, but my experience was a little different. I was so into getting a good job and found out through this website that this was a scam. Once I sent this person an email back asking her questions, the text messages stopped and so did the instant messages. I tell you people are always hurting others and then getting away with it. I'm so glad for this forum to allow others to see what people like this person has done and continue to do. I did buy the software and then found this website. However, thank God for common sense to stop and say to myself something is wrong with this picture.

Sharon Quick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.