Cim Group Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Cim Group?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Hey,

I was wondering how your interview went with CIM. I know you didn't get much feedback from anyone, but was hoping you could help me and get the ball rolling. I will be interviewing for an investment analyst position with their group.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former CIM in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Its an easy interview. Im guessing you are coming from an investment bank. Dont get freaked out by technical interview or questions. Just think through it logically. You'll get some people who try to freak you out and you better know your resume cold. Otherwise, its a good palce to work and learn the real estate world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Thanks a lot for your timely response. From the sounds of things, it looks like you aren't there anymore. Can I ask what level you were at and why you left? If you don't want to share I understand. I actually just got a followup email right now and it seems that they want me for an associate (pre-mba) position. I do have individual real estate investing knowledge in addition to having worked for one of the top 3 commercial brokerages (Marcus Millichap, CBRE, Grub Ellis) out here for a bit over a year. You are dead on about my current position as I am at a boutique IBD that only focuses on FIG (bank M&A and capital markets). I want to exit as I feel the FIG industry is dying and would love to be in real estate as a lifetime career. How would you say your exit ops were after leaving CIM, I hope you didn't go get an MBA since I don't want to do that. In my phone interview, I specifically told them I do not want to go get an MBA and would like to grow with them, which they said is possible, but not probable.

I can send you my email if you don't feel like posting a reply on here, just let me know. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.