Cintas Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 275)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Cintas?

What do you like best about working at Cintas? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

mike in Spring Hill, Florida

93 months ago

as an ssr you can make very good money i make about 45 thousand a year and am very happy with my job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte, NC in Gastonia, North Carolina

92 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Cintas?
What do you like best about working at Cintas? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?
I'm an SSR for the FAS Division. I LOVE MY JOB! I've worked for Cintas for 2 years now. I got my first promotion about 9 months into it. I make really good money, about 40 a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Robb in Mattawa, Washington

92 months ago

Charlotte, NC said: I'm an SSR for the FAS Division. I LOVE MY JOB! I've worked for Cintas for 2 years now. I got my first promotion about 9 months into it. I make really good money, about 40 a year.
Would you happen to know what kind of money they pay their service managers? (The people that over see the drivers)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte, NC in Gastonia, North Carolina

92 months ago

I know what I make and I can't complain! So, I'm sure they make out pretty well. We don't discuss each others pay as with any job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

no in Wallingford, Connecticut

90 months ago

Robb in Mattawa, Washington said: Would you happen to know what kind of money they pay their service managers? (The people that over see the drivers)

$75k plus expenses paid, ie: car, gas, insurance, phone, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mc Gregor, Texas

90 months ago

no in Wallingford, Connecticut said: $75k plus expenses paid, ie: car, gas, insurance, phone, etc

I know many service managers in the Texas market. None of them make close to $75K. It's true they get some expenses paid but the company is VERY stingy on what they will reimburse. In my experience, the average service manager (in this market) makes only about $50K. Total. I've seen W-2's!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

hernandes merques in Richmond, Kentucky

90 months ago

what about for the job her on the site a shredder specailist.. how much do they usually make an hour.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Anonymous in Mc Gregor, Texas said: I know many service managers in the Texas market. None of them make close to $75K. It's true they get some expenses paid but the company is VERY stingy on what they will reimburse. In my experience, the average service manager (in this market) makes only about $50K. Total. I've seen W-2's!

Those are not service managers they are STC's and PST's. That position is in between a service manager and a driver. I know because I work for Cintas and handle all Human Resource issues for four locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Woodway, Texas

90 months ago

no in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Those are not service managers they are STC's and PST's. That position is in between a service manager and a driver. I know because I work for Cintas and handle all Human Resource issues for four locations.

Apparently, you are not familiar with the pay scale in the Southwest region. As I stated, I have seen W-2's and know the difference between STC's and service managers. I worked with them directly for many years. Also, I remain close friends with an ex-service manager. The most a service manager can make is $80K. None of them make it as there are way too many variables. The $80K is in a perfect world, which doesn't even come close to existing in this market.
PERIOD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Anonymous in Woodway, Texas said: Apparently, you are not familiar with the pay scale in the Southwest region. As I stated, I have seen W-2's and know the difference between STC's and service managers. I worked with them directly for many years. Also, I remain close friends with an ex-service manager. The most a service manager can make is $80K. None of them make it as there are way too many variables. The $80K is in a perfect world, which doesn't even come close to existing in this market.
PERIOD!

That may be your viewpoint. I am just here to give advice from the prospective of a Regional Human Resource Director for the corporation. And yes I am very familiar with the payscale in all regions, including the Southwest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

yes inflorida

90 months ago

I am about to get hires as a STC, How much should I ask for??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

poop in Foley, Alabama

90 months ago

no in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Those are not service managers they are STC's and PST's. That position is in between a service manager and a driver. I know because I work for Cintas and handle all Human Resource issues for four locations.

I didn't know cintas had driver's. I thought they are referred to as SSR's. A proactive service training coordinator(pstc) makes decent money until you factor in the hours worked 60+ a week. If you hit your Key performance indeces(kpi) the sky is the limit with cintas, however the deck is always stacked against your maximum pay potential b/c kpi's are hard to achieve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

no in Wallingford, Connecticut said: That may be your viewpoint. I am just here to give advice from the prospective of a Regional Human Resource Director for the corporation. And yes I am very familiar with the payscale in all regions, including the Southwest.

I respect your viewpoint, however, W-2's don't lie. The pay is not good and that's, simply, a fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John Fuller in Knoxville, Tennessee

90 months ago

no in Wallingford, Connecticut said: That may be your viewpoint. I am just here to give advice from the prospective of a Regional Human Resource Director for the corporation. And yes I am very familiar with the payscale in all regions, including the Southwest.

Since you are an HR manager is there any difference in pay between Sanis Sales Rep and Facilities Rep and Uniform Rep. Are they all equal paying jobs or is each one on a different scale?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Derrick in Liberty, Tennessee

89 months ago

Charlotte, NC in Gastonia, North Carolina said: I'm an SSR for the FAS Division. I LOVE MY JOB! I've worked for Cintas for 2 years now. I got my first promotion about 9 months into it. I make really good money, about 40 a year.

I am about to join Cintas in the First Aid Division as an SSR. Getting back into sales excites me but makes me a little nervous leaving a job with guaranteed money. Last year I made 41k with overtime and a small bonus included. After I get my feet under me, what is the average salary in the First Aid side. I know it depends on the market, I am in the Nashville area with little competition. And I like the fact that I will be getting a company van. That will save me tons in gas and wear and tear on my own vehicle. All insight would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina

89 months ago

Your base pay should start at 32 a year. Your comissions will make up for the rest of it depending on how big your route is and how much you sell outside of servicing your cabinets. Your main goal would be to hit Pinnacle Club. It's not hard to do once you understand how to do it. Once you hit Pinnacle 3 months straight, and keep doing it, your base pay will go through the roof!! I think it's so much fun! Being an SSR can get a little boring because you drive a lot and you get lonely but once you establish a good relationship with you customers and get your route down pat, the sky's the limit!! I'm sure you will get tons of negative feedback from this site but I love working for CINTAS and who better to listen to and get advise from than someone who works for them. Good luck to you and keep me posted. I will be more than happy to help you out if you need it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Your base pay should start at 32 a year. Your comissions will make up for the rest of it depending on how big your route is and how much you sell outside of servicing your cabinets. Your main goal would be to hit Pinnacle Club. It's not hard to do once you understand how to do it. Once you hit Pinnacle 3 months straight, and keep doing it, your base pay will go through the roof!! I think it's so much fun! Being an SSR can get a little boring because you drive a lot and you get lonely but once you establish a good relationship with you customers and get your route down pat, the sky's the limit!! I'm sure you will get tons of negative feedback from this site but I love working for CINTAS and who better to listen to and get advise from than someone who works for them. Good luck to you and keep me posted. I will be more than happy to help you out if you need it!

I am no longer a Cintas employee but will always check this site for feedback providing affirmation of my decision to leave. However, it is refreshing to read a comment from someone who loves their job at Cintas. My only experience is from the region I worked in. I had very positive experiences with my first few management teams. It was only the last couple of years that I was managed by people who were sadly under qualified and couldn't successfully manage or motivate.
I am sure that other regions are great to work in and hope you achieve continued success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Airplane in Bloomington, Illinois

89 months ago

It all depends on your job at what the pay starts out. At least, that's true at my location. They all are different at each location as well. It all depends if your GM is tight or not. Others have elegant parties for Christmas AND partners choice of a turkey or ham as well! Raises in the plant are a JOKE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Derrick in Liberty, Tennessee

89 months ago

I will be working in the First Aid & Safety Division as an ssr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

yes in florida in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

poop in Foley, Alabama said: I didn't know cintas had driver's. I thought they are referred to as SSR's. A proactive service training coordinator(pstc) makes decent money until you factor in the hours worked 60+ a week. If you hit your Key performance indeces(kpi) the sky is the limit with cintas, however the deck is always stacked against your maximum pay potential b/c kpi's are hard to achieve.

So what is the starting salary for an stc and what would be the next step from that position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

noone in Magnolia, New Jersey

89 months ago

in nj service managers start ay=t 60k, i know for i just became one

Anonymous in Woodway, Texas said: Apparently, you are not familiar with the pay scale in the Southwest region. As I stated, I have seen W-2's and know the difference between STC's and service managers. I worked with them directly for many years. Also, I remain close friends with an ex-service manager. The most a service manager can make is $80K. None of them make it as there are way too many variables. The $80K is in a perfect world, which doesn't even come close to existing in this market.
PERIOD!

where I live service managers start at 60k. I know for I recentally became one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Does anyone know of how much either of these positions starts at: Production Supervisor, and/or Assistant Plant Manager?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. in Tacoma, Washington

88 months ago

I had my first interview with Cintas. Other then that my interaction with Cintas has merely been when they made deliveries to the shop I worked at. I was wondering for and SSR, how much of their job is actually sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

A person in Davenport, Iowa

87 months ago

I was wondering what the average sallary for an SSR position is. I make around 30k now will I make atleast that as an SSR in the midwest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mr a in stockton ca

87 months ago

does anyone know what a person with 5 yrs experience in maintenance should ask for in negotiations for hrly wage in building machine maintenance dept.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Grand Rapids, Michigan

87 months ago

what does a route skipper make

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

screwed in Saint Peters, Missouri

87 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Cintas?

As a ssr, i get blamed for all the plants mess ups. our customers dont get the umiforms on time, because we have a diet to go by. if we go over, the customer will not get their uniforms. just a silly managed company. i would not deal with that company as a customer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roy

87 months ago

I am a retired Firefighter/Paramedic, still working as a Paramedic, also I am a FA/CPR/AED instructor. I have an interview Monday in the FA/Safety Div as an SSR, I live in the Richmond, Virginia area, what can I expect for a salary and what should I try for??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

New in Moraga, California

86 months ago

I just started out of college and get 42,000 base as a sales associate. They said the training takes like 6 to 9 months, then it goes up to 45,00 plus commision on all my sales of uniforms. The problem is I am already bored and a little worried the job is going to be a waste of my time becuase most of the guys in my office arent making their numbers and have almost no sales. These guys want to quit which could be good for me but I dont know how long this training is actually going to last. How long does everyone here really train to be a uniform sales rep and what is the actual salary you can make on average with bonuses and commision??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Riverview, Florida

86 months ago

can you have long hair

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Easthampton, Massachusetts

86 months ago

Hey folks. There is an add for Cintas Route Drivers in my local paper in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Is there such a job or is this a way to reel in someone to hire a sales rep? If it is sales.... what does it entail? Thank you for any feedback in advance!

Tom C.
Pittsfield, MA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jop in charlotte, North Carolina

85 months ago

I like your acomment, I have worked with previous Cintas first aid reps that made the change to a better company, (zee) when the conversation of salary is addressed they are so suprised of the SMALL amount they have been working for at Cintas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anon omiss in bay area, California

84 months ago

its all about location, in my first year i cleared 50k, then in the next two i hit 55k each. so its about location and your route.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony Montana in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

84 months ago

Wow...I guess they have severely underpaying me. Cintas wants to offfer me 15hr pay starting in training. I have 8 years sales experience. I will not take the job if they do not offer me more money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pablotoomez Man in Cincinnati, Ohio

84 months ago

I worked many years in Route Sales for a company recently purchased by Cintas (Cincinnati). I waa a Fire Extinguisher and E-light technician. Talking to my friends that are still there they tell me that there is a huge difference in pay compared to before. I used to make $60K which included an $1100 monthly bonus for making my numbers. Now everyone is full commission and the same guys that were neck to neck with me tell me that they would be lucky to make $50K this year. The new Ops manager lies to new hires about pay and an old manager told me when it comes to Cintas "they get every penny out of what they pay you..." Word to the wise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alicenchaynes in Mobile, Alabama

83 months ago

PERIOD!

So what if they don't make it in your region. I'm in the South Central region and yes, the DO make atleast 80K. So quit your wining!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alicenchaynes in Mobile, Alabama

83 months ago

New in Moraga, California said: I just started out of college and get 42,000 base as a sales associate. They said the training takes like 6 to 9 months, then it goes up to 45,00 plus commision on all my sales of uniforms. The problem is I am already bored and a little worried the job is going to be a waste of my time becuase most of the guys in my office arent making their numbers and have almost no sales. These guys want to quit which could be good for me but I dont know how long this training is actually going to last. How long does everyone here really train to be a uniform sales rep and what is the actual salary you can make on average with bonuses and commision??

Hi friend. I was just hired on in the South Central group as a Sales Associate at a starting base of 40K. So you're doing better than me. Although we're in a different market. I actually had 1 year of experience after college at Enterpries Rent-A-Car and I still had to fight for my 40K. So, be proud of what you have. You are with a really good company. Benefits, long job stability, and an experience like no other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cj Ramirez in Charlotte, North Carolina

82 months ago

anon in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Your base pay should start at 32 a year. Your comissions will make up for the rest of it depending on how big your route is and how much you sell outside of servicing your cabinets. Your main goal would be to hit Pinnacle Club. It's not hard to do once you understand how to do it. Once you hit Pinnacle 3 months straight, and keep doing it, your base pay will go through the roof!! I think it's so much fun! Being an SSR can get a little boring because you drive a lot and you get lonely but once you establish a good relationship with you customers and get your route down pat, the sky's the limit!! I'm sure you will get tons of negative feedback from this site but I love working for CINTAS and who better to listen to and get advise from than someone who works for them. Good luck to you and keep me posted. I will be more than happy to help you out if you need it!

I have just applied to Cintas in their first aid division (sales) and wonder if you can give me feedback on how to better my chances. I am in Charlotte. Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AngelaJon in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

How much does a plant manager make? I was just curious to see how much my boss makes for spending 1/3 of the day sitting on his
#*!@, doing what looks like a whole lot of nothing,
and spending the rest of the day outside smoking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

potential candidate in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

How much does an Asst GM make in the document services division?

Courtney Stewart in Akron, Ohio

81 months ago

I am considering a job at Cintas as I will be graduating in the summer. I will graduate with my MBA in Marketing and Sales. With an MBA what base should I expect? I am also considering a job with a payroll company that offers a 38K base plus commission, bonuses, car and phone allowance of $500/month. I am new to the sales industry so any advice for a new grad would be great. thanks guys!!

AshleyAshley in San Francisco, California

81 months ago

Courtney Stewart in Akron, Ohio said: I am considering a job at Cintas as I will be graduating in the summer. I will graduate with my MBA in Marketing and Sales. With an MBA what base should I expect? I am also considering a job with a payroll company that offers a 38K base plus commission, bonuses, car and phone allowance of $500/month. I am new to the sales industry so any advice for a new grad would be great. thanks guys!!

Sorry to disappoint you, but Cintas generally does not hire women for management positions...or as SSR's, either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

varmintcong in Knoxville, Tennessee

81 months ago

What exactly would you be doing as an Operations Management Trainee at Cintas. What does the pay start at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

81 months ago

I could of sworn that when I applied for a SSR position I was told that you get paid for the ride-along even if they do not hire you. Does anyone know if you get paid for that one day even if you don't get hired. They had me fill out a w-2 form. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smokintl in stevens point, Wisconsin

80 months ago

you should get payed for your ride along, even if they don't hire you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

on one in Perrysburg, Ohio

80 months ago

mark in Riverview, Florida said: can you have long hair

no you have to cut ur hair

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Tony Montana in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Wow...I guess they have severely underpaying me. Cintas wants to offfer me 15hr pay starting in training. I have 8 years sales experience. I will not take the job if they do not offer me more money

do not take the job!! they started me at 15 and I've had 3 pay cuts since. I work 65 hours a week and never get a lunch. I work my ass off and only take hom 500 a week after taxes now. DO NOT TAKE THE JOB!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

AshleyAshley in San Francisco, California said: Sorry to disappoint you, but Cintas generally does not hire women for management positions...or as SSR's, either.

Sorry charlie i'm a female SSR. You don't want the job anyway. I'm VERY underpaid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tony Montana in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

80 months ago

I worked two weeks and quit. I almost got fired on the first day of the job. The GM wanted me to sign a legal document stating if I was fired or quit I could not worked for a uniform company for two years. I laugh and sign it knowing very well that my resume was on the market that night. They had me in the lobby outside waiting for an hour on my first day on the job waiting to fill out paper worked. Take the job if you need it/like abuse/a sheep or do not qualify for anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.