Considering employment with Cintas? I'd Reconsider!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mary Smith8185 in Charleston, West Virginia

104 months ago

I was hired to work at Cintas as a Manangement Trainee...I ended up cleaning bathrooms in gas stations and coal mines in a skirt and heels to "sell" their bathroom sanitation service. Not only did I have to scrub a toilet with no gloves, but I had to lift the 400 lb machine with another trainee. What a joke. I looked like I had been beaten up after the first day. A 5'2" girl does not need to lift that type of machine. In the interviews they told me I'd be selling uniforms. Then I had to roll and carry floor mats in the warehouse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hard work, but to flat out lie to you is wrong. After one week I resigned. I have a great career now that doesn't involve back breaking work and being leered at while bent over cleaning a toilet! I would not recommend Cintas to anyone...even someone I didn't like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

maggiemoo in Huntington, West Virginia

104 months ago

I am interviewing for the management trainee position. I was told that there would be labor work while training for production but nothing about being a janitor! What was the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Harassed in Little Neck, New York

100 months ago

I've been in sales for approximately 11 years now with great experience in some of the best US markets. I joined Cintas thinking that I was joining an organization that stands by it's "partners" as they call us. Well apparently Cintas doesn't stand by in times of sexual or workplace harrassment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Quintin Jackson in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Mary Smith8185 in Charleston, West Virginia said: I was hired to work at Cintas as a Manangement Trainee...I ended up cleaning bathrooms in gas stations and coal mines in a skirt and heels to "sell" their bathroom sanitation service. Not only did I have to scrub a toilet with no gloves, but I had to lift the 400 lb machine with another trainee. What a joke. I looked like I had been beaten up after the first day. A 5'2" girl does not need to lift that type of machine. In the interviews they told me I'd be selling uniforms. Then I had to roll and carry floor mats in the warehouse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hard work, but to flat out lie to you is wrong. After one week I resigned. I have a great career now that doesn't involve back breaking work and being leered at while bent over cleaning a toilet! I would not recommend Cintas to anyone...even someone I didn't like.

Every sales associate goes through their training program, which includes 2 weeks of ops/service work. They provide you with uniforms to go on route rides (not sure why you were wearing skirt/heels.) But the two weeks shows the different parts of the operation.

The bathroom cleaning process does not require you to scrub inside toilets; its an semi-automated machine that allows you to point and shoot. It's not the most glamorous part of the job, but you're only doing this for two weeks. It also helps you sell the service down the road.

I was a management trainee, so I did this for 6 months (part of a 2 year rotation in conjunction with plant and office work.) Now I make close to 100k a year as an FS sales rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.