Union

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Joedoe in Toledo, Ohio

80 months ago

Yeah-2gether we are trying to form a union here in Toledo ohio-306. We are being hired one by one. They started with our leader. We still have great numbers! I encourage EVERYONE to do the same. Since we called the teamsters we have all gotten raises-parties and treated better than evern before. The vote is May 23rd and there is no going back after that. they hired 6 union busters to ride along with us and pay them 1500.00 a day plus expenses. They have even offered me a bribe to vote no AND have been visited all our customers for radom audits and auditing our trucks! I urge you all-PLEASE join us drivers in the fight for our rights arcoss the nation! It starts in Toledo Ohio-tomorrow-the USA!! We deserve to be paid fairly and treated with diginity! Since i started with cintas i am contastly called names, my job is threatened AND if that's not enough they have LOWERED my pay 5 times in 3 years. YUP 5!! they call it re-structing the pay plan! SSR's I urge you to UNITE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Podds in Lufkin, Texas

80 months ago

Listen, I have been an employee for Cintas almost 6 years now. I started as a Catalog Sales manager and then moved into the Service department about 7 months later. After 6 months on the route I was promoted to Service Training Coordinator. After busting my tail for 4 years I was promoted to Service Manager and I have held that position for a little over a year now. No matter what company you work for there will always be things that you disagree with or you think are not fair. You have to weigh the positive against the negative. Cintas takes care of their employees, in fact I have never worked for a company that bent over backwards to take care of their partners like the management at Cintas. I hear drivers complain all the time about pay and this isn't fair but YES the pay plan has been restructured but I run a location and I have Service Sales Reps. who make more money than me. Tell me, was there air conditioning in the trucks when you were hired on? If you were fine with it when you took the job, don't complain after years of it and say it's not fair. At Cintas, HARD WORK PAYS OFF. Those who are successfull take the initiative and make things happen they don't sit around and cry and expect someone to give them what they want because they THINK they deserve it. You get what you give!! You need to change your way of thinking. This is not a Cintas problem. This is something you need to change about yourself. I hope that you will decide to make a change, get your head up and learn how to maximize your compensation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

80 months ago

So tell the world about this new Cintas pay plan, in detail please! Of course it will be a great pay plan that you tell us about since as you have just stated, "Cintas takes care of their employees". I'm waiting......................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Don Dulah in Akron, Ohio

80 months ago

JoeDoe is not telling the entire truth and as of today, the union was NOT voted in. The SSRs have spoken and have chosen Cintas. The pay was only changed twice in 3 years and top performers made more. There were no union busters hired, and nobody was paid $1500 per day. Are you kidding me? That is ridiculous. Nobody got raises because the Teamsters were called. Uou are treated better now but this has nothing to do with the Teamsters. It is because the leadership has been upgraded. You are treated fairly, you have dignity and you have good pay and benefits JoeDoe. That is why the SSRs voted the Teamsters out and that is why they have never ever and will never ever organize a Cintas location. It is because Cintas treats its Employees better than anyone in the industry. Viva La Cintas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.